Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Fair enough. I honestly didn't play much comp after hitting the goal for Randy's Throwing Knife. Didn't seem like a big problem to me, but I was mostly playing in the freelancer playlist and it was early in the season.

On the subject of comp, it's insane to me that there aren't more PVP pinnacle reward sources. Like, why can't rank ups in comp give you the upgrade materials or a pinnacle reward or two. PVE has the Raid, the Dungeon, Nightmare Hunts, and Nightfall Ordeal for players to get worthwhile stuff, PVP doesn't reward anything.

You mean pinnacle rewards like Randy’s Throwing Knife?

Looks like no Trials until at least season 10 in March. Nothing really new for PVP focused players in the upcoming season of the Dawn (errr, Yawn)

That’s because matchmaking is still really, really, really f***ed up.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You mean pinnacle rewards like Randy’s Throwing Knife?

That’s because matchmaking is still really, really, really ****ed up.

No, I mean pinnacle rewards that boost your light level over 960.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mates, I have a problem and I wanted to know your opinion. I was playing Gambit with my clan and we played against a dude who got 31 player kills. He got like a thousand golden guns, but a bigger problem is that whenever we tried to shoot him his shields would not go down. I mean, lets say they went down a tad, but I was using Nightfall and two shots took only 5% of his shield. Wtf happened, was he cheating or something else that I don't realise in the new update? Like did he have a superior piece of armour or what?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Mates, I have a problem and I wanted to know your opinion. I was playing Gambit with my clan and we played against a dude who got 31 player kills. He got like a thousand golden guns, but a bigger problem is that whenever we tried to shoot him his shields would not go down. I mean, lets say they went down a tad, but I was using Nightfall and two shots took only 5% of his shield. Wtf happened, was he cheating or something else that I don't realise in the new update? Like did he have a superior piece of armour or what?

Its possible for a team to set it up for him to always have super when he invades (other players using supers on PVE enemies to create orbs). On not damaging him, could be cheating, but Gambit is light level enabled (the PVP portion of it), so if you were much lower light he would be immune.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Its possible for a team to set it up for him to always have super when he invades (other players using supers on PVE enemies to create orbs). On not damaging him, could be cheating, but Gambit is light level enabled (the PVP portion of it), so if you were much lower light he would be immune.
That makes a lot more sense, I am not super worried about him constantly having supers' because as you said there is a wide range of weapons and armour which generate them. But not getting his shields down under 50%, like at all was very weird and just seemed like something was up. He was most definitely a high light level compared to all of us, which the highest is 912, but even with him and riskrunner there was little effect.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
That makes a lot more sense, I am not super worried about him constantly having supers' because as you said there is a wide range of weapons and armour which generate them. But not getting his shields down under 50%, like at all was very weird and just seemed like something was up. He was most definitely a high light level compared to all of us, which the highest is 912, but even with him and riskrunner there was little effect.
If you were playing Gambit Prime then there’s the invader armour set which gives them a bonus to their shield when invading.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
If your highest player was 912 then it totally makes sense. That is way below current level and being that far below makes a big difference.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If you were playing Gambit Prime then there’s the invader armour set which gives them a bonus to their shield when invading.

The invader armor is ok. The bonus is if you have a full set of level 3 invader armor. It will allow you to camp at their bank, lock it, and drain their motes.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Level Advantages are in play with gambit. If he's level 770 and you're around 700, he's going to wipe the floor with you (I invade too and get kills in these numbers). What you need to do is locate where the invader is at, hide and make him come to you, or find a weapon that will take him out short or long range. Sniper rifle, Randy's, Truth, Colony are all good ones. You can take him out of his super. You just need to be careful to make the right weapon selections for clearing ads and taking care of the invader(s).

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Yes, if they're using masterworked weapons they can generate orbs to no end. I do with my God Roll Subtitle Calamity (Dragonfly/Explosive Head/Dragonfly Mod). All Pinnacle weapons are masterworked when you earn them.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

I need to see a doctor, cause this erection has lasted far longer than 4 hours.

Can't wait!

Extra credit to the Bungie marketing team for the subtle Paint it Black remix

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Having made the game smaller with this expansion, I'm hoping the seasonal content is more compelling than it has been.

managed to finally complete a couple of the raids in Oct before they got vaulted, so I'm happy about that. should be able to get people to help with stuff going forward on these discords I've joined.

stasis looks interesting, the ability to create platforms or solid obstacles on the battlefield adds some new dynamics.

Looking forward to trying the Vault of Glass remake. Not sure I'm thrilled with the idea of shoehorning champions into it, but 3 raids to do is better than 2.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I have yet to play D2, but if I were to jump in, should I just wait for Beyond Light considering it's much better for new players?

The first year of D2 content sucks, so yea, may as well just wait until it's gone at this point. I dunno how they're going to rework things for new players progression-wise but at least content-wise you'll be getting better stuff.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The first year of D2 content sucks, so yea, may as well just wait until it's gone at this point. I dunno how they're going to rework things for new players progression-wise but at least content-wise you'll be getting better stuff.
The biggest problem is that they're putting certain planets/satellites in the vault which is reducing the overall experience for new players. If Solidsnake wanted to join, then he's going to get to miss Titan, Mars, and I believe Io for the sake of this new campaign. Mercury is also getting vaulted, but I think we can all agree that planet was beyond useless for like 95% of its time. However, the former three are so much fun to play, have fantastic weapons, and missions. Escalation Protocol is/was particularly one of the best points of Destiny 2 (including the armour/weapons) except for the fact that you needed a crypt key for the treasure chest. Destiny 2 has always been a smooth game that's welcoming for new players, but I don't agree with what Bungie is locking away...especially when some of that content was part of their expansion packs after the original game. Locking things up that people paid an additional amount of money for besides the vanilla portion of the game is beyond stupid IMHO.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think that's really my advantage for this switch compared to people who put in time is that I have yet to spend a dime on this game.

I know a friend and I were thinking of starting it up at some point after Beyond Light comes out.

Also, I'm used to vaulting as I've played a shitload of Warframe. However, they haven't vaulted campaigns.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Personally speaking, I was never fond of Titan, Io, Mercury or Mars as locations. It's pretty clear the scope of those planets were limited to get the game out.

Titan was a huge missed opportunity, and one planet I hope they really do bring out of the vault some day with some added content. The whole idea of having this underwater colony, which you get a glimpse of in the Savathun Song raid, complete with entertainment districts, industrial districts, etc.... they could have had their own Rapture. But instead, most of your time was spent on an even more boring version of Big Shell from MGS2.

Io is ugly and boring. The only good thing to come out of it was lore and The Whisper mission. I have no interest in it ever coming back.

Mars had EP and some GREAT weapons during the fixed roll era. But it's a small area and not particularly interesting. Don't mind if it never comes back.

Mercury is another huge missed opportunity. The idea of an entire planet turned into a computer to brute-force simulate all the possible timelines of the universe is so cool. And they did nothing with it. Maybe if they completely rethink it, they could bring it back. Frankly I'd ditch the whole lighthouse and tiny explore area, and just bring back the infinite forest as a location. Then go wild. Considering the power of the next-gen consoles, I'd love to see Infinite Forest levels where you're shifting realities on the fly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->