Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So I picked up Destiny 2 again to unlock the Dream City and I came across a player called Ascended One who had unique subname called "Dredgen". Any idea what's up with this? Unlocked an achievement viewing him.

Its a title.

That one is for Gambit. Like 9/10 Destiny players have it by now, its by far the easiest of the bunch to get thanks to double and triple xp weekends.

Check the seals at the bottom of the triumphs page for the rest.

Reactions: S E P H

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So I picked up Destiny 2 again to unlock the Dream City and I came across a player called Ascended One who had unique subname called "Dredgen". Any idea what's up with this? Unlocked an achievement viewing him.
For completing all/a specific set of the collections you unlock different titles. For example Dredgen is the title for Gambit. I believe Rivensbane is for raid stuff. Wayfarer for all of the planets/exploration, etc etc. Just google “Destiny 2 titles” and that should give you more info.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
For completing all/a specific set of the collections you unlock different titles. For example Dredgen is the title for Gambit. I believe Rivensbane is for raid stuff. Wayfarer for all of the planets/exploration, etc etc. Just google “Destiny 2 titles” and that should give you more info.
#18hossafacts

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Also, in game on the Triumph tabs the titles you can earn are listed at the bottom click on them to show what you need to do to earn them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This game is getting too grind-y for my liking. Every single exotic gun is essentially a time waster and that you're better off just massing legendary shards and getting them from Xur. Not saying every exotic quest is pointless, as the Mida Multi-tool and Sleeper are worth it, but I wish they had more Whisper of the Worm type of quests instead of "having to kill 50 Fallen airborne with SMG" or "kill 10 Fallen commanders". As you can tell I am doing the Drang quest and even though my gun is at 280 light, it is absurdly powerful to the point I might want to fuse it to get it higher.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
This game is getting too grind-y for my liking. Every single exotic gun is essentially a time waster and that you're better off just massing legendary shards and getting them from Xur. Not saying every exotic quest is pointless, as the Mida Multi-tool and Sleeper are worth it, but I wish they had more Whisper of the Worm type of quests instead of "having to kill 50 Fallen airborne with SMG" or "kill 10 Fallen commanders". As you can tell I am doing the Drang quest and even though my gun is at 280 light, it is absurdly powerful to the point I might want to fuse it to get it higher.

Most of the exotics in the game are more on the fun and weird side, and less so powerful or potent.

The obvious exceptions are all in the power weapon slot. Whisper, Sleeper, Thunderlord, Thousand Voices, Queensbreaker, etc.

Outside of the power slot, the only exotics I can really think of that are or were ever top tier are MIDA and Graviton Lance. But I might be forgetting some.

It's fine, sometimes it's fun to just use something weird to switch things up, but when I'm serious about performing, then I just go to the meta weapons, and most of those in the first two weapon slots are Legendaries, at least right now.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

The Drang and strum together are pretty powerful. However there are much better exotics in the game. I use Cerebrus, vigilance wing and Graviton Lance in the crucible and they slay. But I have other exotics ready to roll in my vault that I use for situational reasons like the Rat King, Wavesplitter, Telesto, fighting lion, queen breaker, darci, thunder lord, whisper, and the Two Tailed Fox. The grinds are worth it for the weapons and the catalysts EXCEPT for the catalyst grind for the colony.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Most of the exotics in the game are more on the fun and weird side, and less so powerful or potent.

The obvious exceptions are all in the power weapon slot. Whisper, Sleeper, Thunderlord, Thousand Voices, Queensbreaker, etc.

Outside of the power slot, the only exotics I can really think of that are or were ever top tier are MIDA and Graviton Lance. But I might be forgetting some.

It's fine, sometimes it's fun to just use something weird to switch things up, but when I'm serious about performing, then I just go to the meta weapons, and most of those in the first two weapon slots are Legendaries, at least right now.

The Drang and strum together are pretty powerful. However there are much better exotics in the game. I use Cerebrus, vigilance wing and Graviton Lance in the crucible and they slay. But I have other exotics ready to roll in my vault that I use for situational reasons like the Rat King, Wavesplitter, Telesto, fighting lion, queen breaker, darci, thunder lord, whisper, and the Two Tailed Fox. The grinds are worth it for the weapons and the catalysts EXCEPT for the catalyst grind for the colony.
Some of the problems I am facing is that I let my gold expire since I wasn't using it, but then Bungie had this good idea that some of these quests require online platforms. It's well within their rights to do that, but to punish players like me also doesn't make any sense. Like I can't go for the Cadye revolver because I am required to get kills in Gambit.

I might already have some of these weapons that you lads listed, but they might be at Season I or II light and since I am so far behind in light (currently 528) I tend to use whatever gun has the highest light. If I don't have something like Graviton Lance, Thunderlord, or Cerebrus how do I get these exotic quests to drop?

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Is there a good resource somewhere for players of the original jumping in with Forsaken, like a rundown of the new mechanics and stuff? I finished the OG campaign, but literally just beat the boss and quit, so I never did the grinding for light levels or anything.

I'm completely lost as far as the infusion stuff. Is that something I should even worry about until I'm level capped?

I also noticed a few things on the map that said requires season pass. I kind of thought Forsaken was like the Taken King stuff from D1 that had all the content. Is this a glitch or is there more stuff I'd have to buy?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Some of the problems I am facing is that I let my gold expire since I wasn't using it, but then Bungie had this good idea that some of these quests require online platforms. It's well within their rights to do that, but to punish players like me also doesn't make any sense. Like I can't go for the Cadye revolver because I am required to get kills in Gambit.

I might already have some of these weapons that you lads listed, but they might be at Season I or II light and since I am so far behind in light (currently 528) I tend to use whatever gun has the highest light. If I don't have something like Graviton Lance, Thunderlord, or Cerebrus how do I get these exotic quests to drop?

I wasnt aware you could play Destiny 2 without a gold account, since its an online game...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Is there a good resource somewhere for players of the original jumping in with Forsaken, like a rundown of the new mechanics and stuff? I finished the OG campaign, but literally just beat the boss and quit, so I never did the grinding for light levels or anything.

I'm completely lost as far as the infusion stuff. Is that something I should even worry about until I'm level capped?

I also noticed a few things on the map that said requires season pass. I kind of thought Forsaken was like the Taken King stuff from D1 that had all the content. Is this a glitch or is there more stuff I'd have to buy?

1) Season pass stuff is for post-Forsaken content. You can buy in now if you like, but you’ll have to get to light level 610 before you can/should really engage with any of it.

2) Infusion is intentionally expensive because Bungie wanted players to use new weapons and gear, rather than sticking woth the same gear and simply leveling it up. Most people agree this is a stupid decision. If there are weapons or armor you really love then infuse them. As far as when to do it or wait, its really up to you and how often you play. Generally speaking, people like to to wait til they hit the soft cap before infusing.

3) There arent really any new mechanics gameplaywise.

The biggest change is in the weapon slot system. Used to be only primaries in the first two slots, and specials and heavies in the 3rd. Now its a bit of a shit mix, but the end result is you can use shotguns and snipers a lot more.

Other than that, the only change you’ll really feel now is random rolls, rather than fixed perks. Less significant, weapons can now be masterworked. For some weapons, this is 5-10% boost to a base stat that can be rerolled (year 1), or up to a 10% boost to a fixed stat that requires uprading/infusion (year 2). Exotic masterworks are more elaborate but require challenges to both unlock and complete. In addition to bonuses, they create orbs on multikills. It sounds confusing in writing, but is actually pretty easy to understand when you see them in the UI. Armors can also be masterworked, but they’re generally considered useless right now.

Mods work differently. They no longer affect light or elemental damage. If you hop into D2, you may find a lot of your legendary weapons have changed elements. Elements are now locked. Instead you get a lot more, more interesting mods that actually affect how you use the gun. Current favorites are counterbalance (anti-recoil) and target-acquisition (more reticule friction).

As far as leveling up, just do the daily and weekly challenges (marked on your map with gold icons), all of which will give you gear that advances your light level. The ramp up to 600+ is pretty quick.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
1) Season pass stuff is for post-Forsaken content. You can buy in now if you like, but you’ll have to get to light level 610 before you can/should really engage with any of it.

2) Infusion is intentionally expensive because Bungie wanted players to use new weapons and gear, rather than sticking woth the same gear and simply leveling it up. Most people agree this is a stupid decision. If there are weapons or armor you really love then infuse them. As far as when to do it or wait, its really up to you and how often you play. Generally speaking, people like to to wait til they hit the soft cap before infusing.

3) There arent really any new mechanics gameplaywise.

The biggest change is in the weapon slot system. Used to be only primaries in the first two slots, and specials and heavies in the 3rd. Now its a bit of a **** mix, but the end result is you can use shotguns and snipers a lot more.

Other than that, the only change you’ll really feel now is random rolls, rather than fixed perks. Less significant, weapons can now be masterworked. For some weapons, this is 5-10% boost to a base stat that can be rerolled (year 1), or up to a 10% boost to a fixed stat that requires uprading/infusion (year 2). Exotic masterworks are more elaborate but require challenges to both unlock and complete. In addition to bonuses, they create orbs on multikills. It sounds confusing in writing, but is actually pretty easy to understand when you see them in the UI. Armors can also be masterworked, but they’re generally considered useless right now.

Mods work differently. They no longer affect light or elemental damage. If you hop into D2, you may find a lot of your legendary weapons have changed elements. Elements are now locked. Instead you get a lot more, more interesting mods that actually affect how you use the gun. Current favorites are counterbalance (anti-recoil) and target-acquisition (more reticule friction).

As far as leveling up, just do the daily and weekly challenges (marked on your map with gold icons), all of which will give you gear that advances your light level. The ramp up to 600+ is pretty quick.
Thanks for this, dude. It's a little overwhelming seeing all the new stuff at once. I did notice that I got a Sniper as a primary last night and thought that was pretty cool. I have noticed the leveling, both XP and Light seem to be going pretty quickly. Went up a few just doing the Crucible weeklies (which I am ****ing terrible at since I rarely play MP games on the PC I'm kind of coded to use a controller which gets me dunked on hard) and a few more from a couple of story missions.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Thanks for this, dude. It's a little overwhelming seeing all the new stuff at once. I did notice that I got a Sniper as a primary last night and thought that was pretty cool. I have noticed the leveling, both XP and Light seem to be going pretty quickly. Went up a few just doing the Crucible weeklies (which I am ****ing terrible at since I rarely play MP games on the PC I'm kind of coded to use a controller which gets me dunked on hard) and a few more from a couple of story missions.

No problem.

The one thing I forgot to mention is that there are three new skill-trees per subclass.

In order to unlock them, you need an item called a ‘seed of light’. You’ll get one automatically during the Forsaken campaign. The others you can get through the blind well (a wave based public activity you’ll discover eventually), defeating the first boss of the Last Wish raid, or completing a bounty called ‘Gateway Between Worlds’ every third week (basically a dungeon appears in a certain area every 3 weeks, you do a task in it, you get the seed if you still need one...Im trying to avoid spoilers).

When you get to choose your first new tree with the first seed of light, just google a bit and see what your options for your class are. Some are great for PVE, some are great for PVP, just think about where you’re going to spend most your time and what youll get the most use out of.

I screwed up and picked the worst new Titan class first, just cause it looked cool. Dont make my mistake! Lol

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I wasnt aware you could play Destiny 2 without a gold account, since its an online game...
You can play using Xbox Live Free, used to be called Xbox Live Silver. You just can't do anything that involves joining multiple people. For example, you can't do Crucible or Gambit or join a fireteam etc.

If I don't have something like Graviton Lance, Thunderlord, or Cerebrus how do I get these exotic quests to drop?

There aren't exotic quests for those three weapons. Thunderlord had one but it is not available any more. The way to get most of the exotics in the game is through an Exotic engram drop or though Xur. Though Xur only sells Exotics from Year One, aka pre-Forsaken.

If I'm not mistaken Graviton Lance can be chosen as one of the Exotics during the Year One story. Asher Mir will give you a choice of one of three exotic weapons about half way through the story. You can run the story with two other new characters and pick up Sunshot and Riskrunner.

Same with the armor on Titan that Sloane gives you. You get to pick from 3 for each class.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You can play using Xbox Live Free, used to be called Xbox Live Silver. You just can't do anything that involves joining multiple people. For example, you can't do Crucible or Gambit or join a fireteam etc.

There aren't exotic quests for those three weapons. Thunderlord had one but it is not available any more. The way to get most of the exotics in the game is through an Exotic engram drop or though Xur. Though Xur only sells Exotics from Year One, aka pre-Forsaken.

If I'm not mistaken Graviton Lance can be chosen as one of the Exotics during the Year One story. Asher Mir will give you a choice of one of three exotic weapons about half way through the story. You can run the story with two other new characters and pick up Sunshot and Riskrunner.

Same with the armor on Titan that Sloane gives you. You get to pick from 3 for each class.
Thanks man! Would you recommend me getting the exotic engrams from Xur instead? I was also hesitant since the legendary engrams are absolutely terrible and a waste of shards. But I read that the exotic engrams give you a chance for any season, but that also includes other character armours like Titan when you're a Hunter or a Titan piece when you're a Warlock.

Yeah, as long as you are connected to the internet having a gold or silver doesn't matter. Only stuff I can't do is all the matchmaking like strikes, gambit, PVP, or raids.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

There’s a graphic for how to get exotics and their catalysts. A lot of them are just random drops.

::edit::

Here’s a good list.

This is every Exotic weapon in Destiny 2 so far

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Difference between TLW on PC and console is maybe the most depressing thing about this game so far.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
God damned crucible last wish step.

The gun isn't really worth much outside Crucible, just like in Destiny 1. It's a PVP oriented weapon, always has been. Would be kind of silly to make a quest for a PVP-focused weapon without PVP in it...

...though, now that I think about it, the MIDA Multitool was primarily a PVP weapon in D1 as well, certainly by the end of the game's run, and that quest didn't have any PVP element in it, did it (though the catalyst is all PVP).

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
PC Crucible would be so much more tolerable without titan skating and OEM.

Titans literally break every map.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The gun isn't really worth much outside Crucible, just like in Destiny 1. It's a PVP oriented weapon, always has been. Would be kind of silly to make a quest for a PVP-focused weapon without PVP in it...

...though, now that I think about it, the MIDA Multitool was primarily a PVP weapon in D1 as well, certainly by the end of the game's run, and that quest didn't have any PVP element in it, did it (though the catalyst is all PVP).

Everyone is using the last wish and it makes it unplayable.

MIDA’s buff is finally showing through.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So all my friends were open and realised it was "free Xbox Live" weekend and we took advantage of that. Did a lot of Gambit and got Cayde's quest, as far as handcannon's in crucible. I am starting to get Gambit, I don't think it is a very competitive playlist, but something you can go into with your friends who we all haven't played in like six month and actually do good in. Then we played some crucible and holy smokes that was on another level compared to the last time I played it. Every was like 620 minimum in my game and all were using Luna's Howl, the games were a dud, but I got The Jade Rabbit from it so I won't complain.

They really nerfed all the scout rifles though, MIDA is useless as the shots are way too effin' slow and Rabbit's reload speed is way too slow for it to be any good use. Also got that crazy rocket launcher today as well, I believe it's called The Wardcliff something. Weird weapon.

Are there any legendary scout rifles worth getting or using in PVP for the future over the likes of Mida and Skyburner?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So all my friends were open and realised it was "free Xbox Live" weekend and we took advantage of that. Did a lot of Gambit and got Cayde's quest, as far as handcannon's in crucible. I am starting to get Gambit, I don't think it is a very competitive playlist, but something you can go into with your friends who we all haven't played in like six month and actually do good in. Then we played some crucible and holy smokes that was on another level compared to the last time I played it. Every was like 620 minimum in my game and all were using Luna's Howl, the games were a dud, but I got The Jade Rabbit from it so I won't complain.

They really nerfed all the scout rifles though, MIDA is useless as the shots are way too effin' slow and Rabbit's reload speed is way too slow for it to be any good use. Also got that crazy rocket launcher today as well, I believe it's called The Wardcliff something. Weird weapon.

Are there any legendary scout rifles worth getting or using in PVP for the future over the likes of Mida and Skyburner?

They actually buffed the scout rifles last update but yeah they have taken a big step down the past 6 months.

If you want a good one get the Last Wish scout rifle (Transfiguration). It owns.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Strange Terrian nightfall was finally available and i was able to get the last item i needed for the Wayfarer title. Those titles are a grind.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Strange Terrian nightfall was finally available and i was able to get the last item i needed for the Wayfarer title. Those titles are a grind.

I just got it too after getting the EP SMG. The companion app is a lifesaver when finding fireteams. The grind of all grinds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad