NFL: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans and has asked for a trade

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Bengals have pieces at skill positions. They can put a significant focus on the o-line this off-season. Granted, it’s also something they were doing before bottoming out.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
He signed the contract he's getting paid millions if the texans don't wanna trade him they don't gotta.. so dress up and just throw the ball deshaun ... hes just a player anyway got upset cause he didn't have a say in management decisions? in my opinion players shouldn't be involved in management decisions anyway.. he's starting to seem like a cry baby.. hes getting millions and Millions but is upset cause he doesn't like his bosses the poor baby...

Reactions: Khelandros

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He signed the contract he's getting paid millions if the texans don't wanna trade him they don't gotta.. so dress up and just throw the ball deshaun ... hes just a player anyway got upset cause he didn't have a say in management decisions? in my opinion players shouldn't be involved in management decisions anyway.. he's starting to seem like a cry baby.. hes getting millions and Millions but is upset cause he doesn't like his bosses the poor baby...

Shut up and play football eh? It's almost like ive heard this before but its just as stupid in this context.

Hmmmm

Reactions: PBandJ and Gecklund

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Shut up and play football eh? It's almost like ive heard this before but its just as stupid in this context.

Hmmmm

yea shut up and play football when you have a 100m+ contract that you SIGNED IN SEPT 2020.. the poor baby is upset because he didn't have a say in who got management roles.. oh dear... as if 100m isn't enough he thinks he should run the franchise also ... please another entitled athlete.. and i cheered for him when he was at clemson before you call me a hater.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
yea shut up and play football when you have a 100m+ contract that you SIGNED IN SEPT 2020.. the poor baby is upset because he didn't have a say in who got management roles.. oh dear... as if 100m isn't enough he thinks he should run the franchise also ... please another entitled athlete.. and i cheered for him when he was at clemson before you call me a hater.

What a dumb post. The team went out of their way to tell him he'd have a say. His entitlement is completely justified. Not to mention that he desire to be involved is as representative for all the players.

Reactions: Gecklund

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
What a dumb post. The team went out of their way to tell him he'd have a say. His entitlement is completely justified. Not to mention that he desire to be involved is as representative for all the players.

his entitlement is not justified.. he's a player therefore throw the ball and stay out of management decisions..

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
yea yea hows the EK contract treating you bro.
:laugh: wonderful. Love that you had to bring an entirely different aspect into this thread. You’ve already been told why he asked for a trade and how he tried to play out his contract but how Houston is a shit show organization and basically continually messed up leading to Watson being lied to and not getting what was promised in the negotiations yet you cling to your outdated notions of “shut up and play” which just further adds to the inequality and the clown show that is Houston.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
:laugh: wonderful. Love that you had to bring an entirely different aspect into this thread. You’ve already been told why he asked for a trade and how he tried to play out his contract but how Houston is a shit show organization and basically continually messed up leading to Watson being lied to and not getting what was promised in the negotiations yet you cling to your outdated notions of “shut up and play” which just further adds to the inequality and the clown show that is Houston.
tried to play out his contract? he just signed last sept and is whining for a way out because he didnt get his opinion in on management roles... boo hooo he's getting 100$million suck it up .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
tried to play out his contract? he just signed last sept and is whining for a way out because he didnt get his opinion in on management roles... boo hooo he's getting 100$million suck it up .
He was literally told he was going to get a say. He wouldn’t have signed if he didn’t get a say. Now the incompetent morons in charge of Houston didn’t give him a say. Also you act like he’s not giving a majority of that back to the community. f*** off with your outdated principles.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
He was literally told he was going to get a say. He wouldn’t have signed if he didn’t get a say. Now the incompetent morons in charge of Houston didn’t give him a say. Also you act like he’s not giving a majority of that back to the community. f*** off with your outdated principles.

so hes giving over 80m of his contract to the community eh? you can **** off.. he signed the deal now play it out "IF" they refuse to trade him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
so hes giving over 80m of his contract to the community eh? you can **** off.. he signed the deal now play it out "IF" they refuse to trade him.
THEY LITERALLY LIED IN NEGOTIATIONS. Why he f*** would he play? Also there’s no evidence he isn’t going to play. He asked for a trade.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
THEY LITERALLY LIED IN NEGOTIATIONS. Why he f*** would he play? Also there’s no evidence he isn’t going to play. He asked for a trade.

maybe he should of got it printed into his contract ;) if its not in the contract then they can say whatever they want but still don't got to do it.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

You both make valid points.
However how do we know he wasn't in the loop as far as them Asking whom he wants? Maybe he wanted an old coach or one of his homies and team said...mmmm no.. It is possible he didn't get his first choice and said F this im out.
That is only one way of guessing at the situation that none of us know what happens behind closed doors.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
And why would you want to work for an employer that just says things to make you sign?
Make you sign? Was there a gun to his head?

There is also this little thingy in his contract called a no trade clause, He didn't wanted to be moved a few short monthes ago when He ,his agent , probably lawyers st the time he signed the contract. Guarantee the players association wont touch this because he has no legs to stand on.

Have none of you ever seen judge Judy?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Do we have any confirmation of the team actually telling he would have say in the new coach or GM.

There is a saying i heard thats always stuck with me..

There 3 rules in life

#1 There is always a victim.

#2 Try not being f***ing it.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
maybe he should of got it printed into his contract ;) if its not in the contract then they can say whatever they want but still don't got to do it.

It's not in Watson's contract that he cannot request a trade either. He hasn't breached it in any way. Also, what does Erik Karlsson's contract have anything to do with this, argumenting with an ad hominem is quite petty here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They also can’t put that stuff in a players contract. If they gonna say it and not do it, then everyone sees you as a trash franchise. Ask the Browns, Lions, and Jaguars how that goes.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
It's not in Watson's contract that he cannot request a trade either. He hasn't breached it in any way. Also, what does Erik Karlsson's contract have anything to do with this, argumenting with an ad hominem is quite petty here.
do i look like i care? lol. i never said he cant request trade.. i am saying if houston refuses to trade then suit up and throw the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad