NFL: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans and has asked for a trade

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Forgive me for forgetting everyone in entitled to entitlement
Texans 20 year term president just resigned, that Org it toxic no doubt but NONE of us know whats happening except they are cleaning house.

I mean it's not like we've had a super well respected former Texan Andre Johnson come out and basically say it as we've all seen it. It's okay though I'm sure Johnson is just another entitled turd in your non functional mind.

I guess being a Bills fan for that long leads to hysteria.

Sincerely. Boomer.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Will homeboy cry when his favorite waterboy gets the ax?
Before you throw your weight around like Brady and bringing in or keeping your guys ,you might think about winning something first. Dude got his cake now he's pissed he can't eat it. Throwing for a billion yards in garbage time isn't going to give me much leverage , they canned BOB but homie wants to hire the coach ,starting to sound like a diva.
We only have information from one side of this story.

Unreal that after all of this some folks will still try to shit on Watson.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont see much shitting on Watson

A QB who was lied to , attacked , etc in Cutty got far worse treatment for asking out of Denver... Cutler had far more reasons and grounds to demand out then Watson does but media and fans vilified Cutler

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Before you throw your weight around like Brady and bringing in or keeping your guys ,you might think about winning something first. Dude got his cake now he's pissed he can't eat it. Throwing for a billion yards in garbage time isn't going to give me much leverage , they canned BOB but homie wants to hire the coach ,starting to sound like a diva.
Lying to your star QB multiple times and going out of your way to antagonize him is also a very strange way to run an organization if winning is the goal. It seems like Texans ownership care more about making this motivational preacher happy than trying to build a winner. Maybe this organization should prove it can build a winner before acting like they have the clout to trash their most important player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bottom line is that they told him he would at the very least be kept in the loop in terms of decision making. They never told him he would actually make the decisions. And they lied to him. And the fact of the matter is that he has more power in the situation than people want to realize.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
One side of the story eh? Not like we had Andre Johnson, a well respected guy both on and off the field in texans circles and the NFL at large slam the organization for the exact same things everyone else has. a 20 year member of the staff just resigned over a small disagreement. He didn't resign when the Texans were worse on the field before. Why now? The same reason why they hired a god boy stooge as a head coach and the same reason why Watson wants out; because they're a *****ing clownshoes organization.

Entitlement, my ass. This is all about the Texans doing everything in their power become the worst organization in sports. If you have a problem with Watson wanting out, that's on you and your outdated views.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
One side of the story eh? Not like we had Andre Johnson, a well respected guy both on and off the field in texans circles and the NFL at large slam the organization for the exact same things everyone else has. a 20 year member of the staff just resigned over a small disagreement. He didn't resign when the Texans were worse on the field before. Why now? The same reason why they hired a god boy stooge as a head coach and the same reason why Watson wants out; because they're a *****ing clownshoes organization.

Entitlement, my ass. This is all about the Texans doing everything in their power become the worst organization in sports. If you have a problem with Watson wanting out, that's on you and your outdated views.
Outdated views , like signing a contract.

I want to sell all you a use car , naturally i will tell you all about the 100k mile bumper to bumper guarantee when it dies ill tell you to pound sand.

He just signed a deal with the Texans, if it was important to him to be " in the loop " for any future coach why was that not a clause much like his NTC , or his agent or lawyers didn't think of it.
This dude wants to get paid ....done
Now he wants out but just signed a NTC ..why?
PLUS he wants full control on where he goes...like he will give a shit what the return is.

He was lied to... boo f***ing hooo... I won't feel sorry for him if he holds out and retires ,has to pay back millions.
I won't feel sorry for the Texans if he retires and they get nothing in return.

This obviously ending in divorce, but watson wants the house ,car , kids ,alimony, and permission to date brad f***ing pitt.

Lastly, taking personal shots like " boomer" bills fan" and my silly antiquated views. Your to good a poster to lower yourself

Protect yourselves people ,
Sincerely, Hank.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I want to sell all you a use car , naturally i will tell you all about the 100k mile bumper to bumper guarantee when it dies ill tell you to pound sand.

He just signed a deal with the Texans, if it was important to him to be " in the loop " for any future coach why was that not a clause much like his NTC , or his agent or lawyers didn't think of it.
This dude wants to get paid ....done
Now he wants out but just signed a NTC ..why?
PLUS he wants full control on where he goes...like he will give a shit what the return is.

He was lied to... boo f***ing hooo... I won't feel sorry for him if he holds out and retires ,has to pay back millions.
I won't feel sorry for the Texans if he retires and they get nothing in return.

This obviously ending in divorce, but watson wants the house ,car , kids ,alimony, and permission to date brad f***ing pitt.

Lastly, taking personal shots like " boomer" bills fan" and my silly antiquated views. Your to good a poster to lower yourself

Protect yourselves people ,
Sincerely, Hank.

Because you're not allowed to put that in a contract.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

This isn’t a car sale. This is employment. It is personal. Lying to an employee to get them to sign a contract is really stupid if that person is your most important employee. This is a very terrible way to conduct business.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I dont see much shitting on Watson

A QB who was lied to , attacked , etc in Cutty got far worse treatment for asking out of Denver... Cutler had far more reasons and grounds to demand out then Watson does but media and fans vilified Cutler

TheAngryHawk just was. I don't remember the public reaction when Cutler demanded a trade (I was just barely getting into football) but I too think he was justified but don't he was any more or less justified than Watson.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TheAngryHawk just was. I don't remember the public reaction when Cutler demanded a trade (I was just barely getting into football) but I too think he was justified but don't he was any more or less justified than Watson.

Cutler wanted out because much like Watson, the organization he played for straight up lied to him and treated him like garbage.

The Broncos made a promise to Cutler that Mike Shanahan's offense would remain in tact after he was fired in 2008. Josh McDaniels was brought in as coach and completely threw that out. To make matters worse, iirc McDaniels talked a lot of shit behind Cutler's back about how he didn't think he had what it took to be a starter and also tried to trade him for Matt Cassell without Cutler even knowing about it.

Cutler took no shit despite being in a similar situation to Watson now. Wonder why that could possibly be...

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

For reference, Rootes had been with the Texans since day 1 and had done his job well enough where at one point, they were one of the sports world's most valuable franchises. Can't imagine a guy who was good enough at his job to hang around for 20 years leaves just based on a disagreement

Anyone who disagrees with the good Reverend is apparently purged. God help that poor team.

What year was that?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Agreed here, it would be one thing if the Texans were a very well run organization that was winning, it's another when they are hot garbage and seem intent on becoming worse.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Cutler wanted out because much like Watson, the organization he played for straight up lied to him and treated him like garbage.

The Broncos made a promise to Cutler that Mike Shanahan's offense would remain in tact after he was fired in 2008. Josh McDaniels was brought in as coach and completely threw that out. To make matters worse, iirc McDaniels talked a lot of shit behind Cutler's back about how he didn't think he had what it took to be a starter and also tried to trade him for Matt Cassell without Cutler even knowing about it.

Cutler took no shit despite being in a similar situation to Watson now. Wonder why that could possibly be...
And it wasn't just Cutler. McDaniels instituted a full on purge to bring in less qualified cronies.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'm not sure what can be done about it, but it's pretty clear that the Texans franchise needs to be taken away from that family if the league wants it to succeed in the future.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Which is why I don’t understand why teams keep giving this guy interviews. Not his coaching ability.
He played the "I learned so much" card to the press for so long and for some reason public perception is the Belichik is the only coach to ever improve on his second stop, which is another secret Hoodie hasn't passed down to his assistants.

However, I'm shocked his mayfly length reign as the Colts head coach didn't kill any NFL opportunities for him outside of New England.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Some people in this thread are accusing Easterby of lying.

I just want to remind all of you that Jesus is watching you.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Wow the owner of a team lied? Thats NEVER happened before :amazed:

:facepalm:

Please tell me this facepalm emoji is towards yourself. Please. Please tell me you're not daft enough to think that what McNair sold to Watson is acceptable. I'd like to think that people aren't dumb enough to think people should be shat on by their employer and expected to say thank you while asking for more.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->