NFL: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans and has asked for a trade

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Too bad BOB isn't still there. Could probably get Watson for a 2nd and a half eaten ham sammich.

I'm sure many teams will be interested. It'll probably take at least 2-3 first rounders and a few more 2nd and 3rds. I'd probably pay that just so I wouldn't have to watch Teddy Bridgewater ever again.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Tua + 3rd ov + 18 ov + 2nd rounder 2022

can’t think of any other package that gets it done

Reactions: Avs_19

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
tenor.gif

But yeah it's totally unrealistic unless he really forces himself out of there.

The value the acquiring team would have to give up would make it really hard to build and sustain competitive team around a guy even as talented as Watson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Watson is either the 2nd or 3rd best young QB in the league. They'd be nuts to trade him. I think they'll try to hit a HR with their new coach and convince him to stay put.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Watson is either the 2nd or 3rd best young QB in the league. They'd be nuts to trade him. I think they'll try to hit a HR with their new coach and convince him to stay put.
Only way moving him doesn't hurt is because his contract extension didn't impact this season. If Houston paid him say $50 million in Signing Bonus already, it would be a hard contract to move.

But, this would be insane. Move 2 1st rounders for a proven LT to protect the QB and then the QB wants out?

You'd have to get back 3 first rounders for him to salvage anything. Given that roster, it will take 2 years to re-tool everything.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trevor Lawrence is about to enter the division, now isn’t the time to be screwing around. They better fix this.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Watson goes to them and says he wants out and they decide they have to do it, their first call should be to the team that has their picks. Tua, 3rd overall, and 18th overall would be a start. Add in some more if needed.

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Since Caserio isn't the problem maybe he can convince Watson otherwise.

But Texans ownership is a joke. One of the worst if not the worst.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thread worthy, no need to bump a thread from September that has little to do with the topic.

How many QB's get told he would be consulted when hiring a GM? That was a weird promise to begin with, IMO.

That was obviously part of the smoothing over when he signed a big extension while watching Hopkins get traded for a bag of magic beans. When you have elite talents you keep them happy because they know competent management will. Or you can have the mystery box.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Thread worthy, no need to bump a thread from September that has little to do with the topic.

How many QB's get told he would be consulted when hiring a GM? How would he really know who is a strong GM candidate? That was a weird promise/thing to tell him to begin with, IMO.

Reading the article, it seems a bit more complicated then that, but I agree. And now it looks like they just screwed themselves out of a superstar QB with a ton of prime years ahead of him.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That was obviously part of the smoothing over when he signed a big extension while watching Hopkins get traded for a bag of magic beans. When you have elite talents you keep them happy because they know competent management will. Or you can have the mystery box.

Houston f***ed up majorly here.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't really think any player should be mad because they didn't get input into the hiring of their new GM but in this case, I totally understand. His play is literally the only reason why Miami isn't getting the top pick.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
f*** Cal McNair. Lets Bill O'Brien trade DeAndre for magic beans, keeps Easterby around for no reason but personal friendship despite being a complete cancer and manages to piss off a franchise player by lying to him.

I don't really think any player should be mad because they didn't get input into the hiring of their new GM but in this case, I totally understand. His play is literally the only reason why Miami isn't getting the top pick.
And, well, Cal literally telling him he would have input on the new GM and then completely going against his input. Seems kind of a dick move to outright lie to your employee.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
it's the NBA entitlement creeping over to the NFL.
NBA players have say so in coach and GM and are now doing "collaborative coaching" whatever the f*** that means. like Kyrie Irving just no-showed a game tonight, coach had no idea, and that is seen as acceptable

Can't blame a player for being sick of playing under morons.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Probally regrets signing that contract now. Not sure why he did it, The team was a mess at that time also.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Texans arent trading Deshaun. They might as well have another NFL team leave the city again if they do. The residents here are already annoyed/agitated that they didnt get rid of O'Brien earlier and getting rid of Deshaun will make them irrelevant.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This could be an even bigger issue than the GM. I guess there's still time to schedule an interview but it's odd that so far they don't even want to talk to one of the top offensive names out there. Every other team with an opening interviewed Bieniemy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->