NFL: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans and has asked for a trade

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The Texans have no plan for winning and went back to the most toxic GM and coaching tree in the league for another round of buildup and teardown. All after seeing the pieces in front of him utterly dismantled so that he, JJ Watt, and a bunch of other scrubs are all that's left.

The cause for despair is pretty much justified and the loons saying he should Archie Manning himself and just risk injury for no cause are pretty pathetic.

And yes, anonymous sources are anonymous but real. It's likely he's dumping everything into Shannon Sharpe's lap.

Nor would Schefter sacrifice the reputation he built up for himself either.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was a little uninformed on what happened here but seeing now it was a case of him being lied to. I can see how that would rub him the wrong way. What were the texans thinking?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would Watson think he was going to have any say in the first place? Rodgers was an MVP and won a super bowl but had no say. Newton was an MVP and went to a super bowl but had no say. Ryan was an MVP and went to a super bowl but had no say. I don't know what was told to Watson but I can't see how he didn't look around the league and see better quarterbacks who did more than him not get a say.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I am curious to know how much say Watson was promised to have compared to what he expected. Maybe the Texans promised him to be consulted on certain matters and he actually expected all decisions to pass through him as if he was running the franchise. It is fine to have respected players have their say on how the team is run but ultimately they shouldn't be running the show.

Reactions: hockey20000

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I’m wondering if Watson isn’t just using this as an excuse to get out. He may think this team is going nowhere and acting betrayed in order to justify his trade request

Reactions: hockey20000

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m wondering if Watson isn’t just using this as an excuse to get out. He may think this team is going nowhere and acting betrayed in order to justify his trade request
He was betrayed so that justifies his trade request to get out.

When you pay a QB as much as they did, he is part of it the entire structure. You aren’t going anywhere without a happy quarterback.

Reactions: Troy McClure

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have no issue with him asking for a trade out.

But, he needs to work with Houston with a list of teams because Houston needs to get value for him. Watson can't be specific, even though has a NTC (guess that already kicked in?), and say he only wants to go to Miami. That's a no go for me. I would then have no issue with Houston saying, no it can't be just Miami. You can sit if that is the case.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I have no issue with him asking for a trade out.

But, he needs to work with Houston with a list of teams because Houston needs to get value for him. Watson can't be specific, even though has a NTC (guess that already kicked in?), and say he only wants to go to Miami. That's a no go for me. I would then have no issue with Houston saying, no it can't be just Miami. You can sit if that is the case.
I mean Miami can probably put together the best package or close to the best package. They got like 3rd overall and another first round pick this year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean Miami can probably put together the best package or close to the best package. They got like 3rd overall and another first round pick this year.
Miami makes sense given their assets. I'm just saying that Watson can't just say it's Miami or bust for him. Houston needs a list of a few teams to move him to.

Would be tough for a team without multiple picks to acquire him, unlike the Jets, Dolphins, Jags who moved out the likes of Adams, Tunsil, Ramsey to acquire extra picks. Still doable, but likely to see more roster players.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

You want your guy to stay yet it seems like you're doing everything possible to make him (and by extension his teammates) angry.

Cal McNair and his butt buddy preacher friend need to GTFO

Avs44

May 16, 2011

You want your guy to stay yet it seems like you're doing everything possible to make him (and by extension his teammates) angry.

Cal McNair and his butt buddy preacher friend need to GTFO

Easterby is just taking over the organization at this point. Seems to be getting rid of respected football folks who might call him out for being the unqualified farce he is and bringing in as many patsies as possible.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Easterby is just taking over the organization at this point. Seems to be getting rid of respected football folks who might call him out for being the unqualified farce he is and bringing in as many patsies as possible.
Yeah, anyone on that team who has any leverage should try to get out. They are heading in a bad direction.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Why would Watson think he was going to have any say in the first place? Rodgers was an MVP and won a super bowl but had no say. Newton was an MVP and went to a super bowl but had no say. Ryan was an MVP and went to a super bowl but had no say. I don't know what was told to Watson but I can't see how he didn't look around the league and see better quarterbacks who did more than him not get a say.
Rodgers probably makes it to the SB this season if they drafted more help instead of another QB in the 1st.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Will homeboy cry when his favorite waterboy gets the ax?
Before you throw your weight around like Brady and bringing in or keeping your guys ,you might think about winning something first. Dude got his cake now he's pissed he can't eat it. Throwing for a billion yards in garbage time isn't going to give me much leverage , they canned BOB but homie wants to hire the coach ,starting to sound like a diva.
We only have information from one side of this story.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

For reference, Rootes had been with the Texans since day 1 and had done his job well enough where at one point, they were one of the sports world's most valuable franchises. Can't imagine a guy who was good enough at his job to hang around for 20 years leaves just based on a disagreement

Anyone who disagrees with the good Reverend is apparently purged. God help that poor team.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Will homeboy cry when his favorite waterboy gets the ax?
Before you throw your weight around like Brady and bringing in or keeping your guys ,you might think about winning something first. Dude got his cake now he's pissed he can't eat it. Throwing for a billion yards in garbage time isn't going to give me much leverage , they canned BOB but homie wants to hire the coach ,starting to sound like a diva.
We only have information from one side of this story.

Okay boomer

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Okay boomer
Forgive me for forgetting everyone in entitled to entitlement
Texans 20 year term president just resigned, that Org it toxic no doubt but NONE of us know whats happening except they are cleaning house.

Sincerely. Boomer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad