NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not on social media? Anytime he does anything he gets trolled about being someone who abuses children.
I don’t read those randos but I also feel like no one (else) ever talks about it.

He also pleaded no contest to a charge, Watson has not been charged criminally with anything has he? And I am not saying Watson is innocent or guilty or taking his side here, just stating that the situations are different
I don’t remember the timelines but I feel like that happened pretty swiftly.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I know the job would pay extremely well, so that is the obvious motivation for some.

But I can't see how anyone could list "defending Roger Clemens in court" and "defending Deshaun Watson in court" on their resume, and feel good on the inside.

It would have to take a completely morally bankrupt and soulless person to be in that profession.
Your speaking of defense lawyers and the people that hire them are generally not the best citizens. If these lawyers can get the unsavory off that's what potential clients see and want for themselves.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

“This woman asked me what I was wearing,” Solis says. “She explained that’s something she has to ask—which I don’t believe at all. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be wearing that would suggest that I don’t want you to put your penis on my hand. Do I need to wear a turtleneck?”

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Dolphins would be dumb to do this ,, Just use those picks/etc to build around Tua

And Panthers I dont see touching Watson while this situation is still ongoing and Panther beat writers are coming out saying there is nothing to this speculation

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

200w.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I want to say I can't believe a team would bring him in right now but I actually can. It's gross but they'll justify it any way they can because of his talent.

This situation just takes me back to that famous quote from Keim: "If Hannibal Lecter ran a 4.3 40, we'd probably just say he had an eating disorder."

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Any team would be dumb to pay three 1st and 2 seconds right now. The only logical reason I see is if the team gets him on the cheap like one first round pick or less than that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Tua looked promising and team was on cusp of playoffs ,, WTF are Dolphins looking to throw away the wealth of picks they have and Tua himself on Watson?

Tua + Those picks >>>>>>>>>> Giving it all away for Watson

They used 5th overall on Tua and he showed tremendous promise the goal should be building up team around him and building something for longrun in Miami

I just dont get it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad