NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The Dolphins have soooo many problems right now that Watson is not going to fix them. Lets not forget Houston went 4-12 last year. The sad thing is, if you trade Tua to a team that has a decent enough OL and quality skills players, he is likely going to flourish big time (see Tannehill, Ryan once he went to a team with said pieces in place).

Bottom line.....GM Grier needs to go. Flores can follow him out the door & its a shame you can't fire the owner because Ross, while basically a good man & willing to spend is as clueless as the 2 who need to go.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Dolphins have soooo many problems right now that Watson is not going to fix them. Lets not forget Houston went 4-12 last year. The sad thing is, if you trade Tua to a team that has a decent enough OL and quality skills players, he is likely going to flourish big time (see Tannehill, Ryan once he went to a team with said pieces in place).

Bottom line.....GM Grier needs to go. Flores can follow him out the door & its a shame you can't fire the owner because Ross, while basically a good man & willing to spend is as clueless as the 2 who need to go.

As we all know, QBs don't need WRs to throw to or OL to protect them since they can just win games on their own /s

Couldn't agree more. Both guys need to go

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tua gonna be "how come they don't want me man?"

I do have to say it's a bit..dubious how the Texans, a team with no future is like "nah we'll stick with Tyrod" over possibly trading for Tua.

Does anyone actually want the poor guy? Miami clearly doesn't, Houston doesn't.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

I do have to say it's a bit..dubious how the Texans, a team with no future is like "nah we'll stick with Tyrod" over possibly trading for Tua.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

I'd take him on Pittsburgh for the right price

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

If the rumors of Washington are true, he'll be heading there.
But your Dolphins are a mess, I thought the Raiders were going through things but Miami has really screwed the pooch here.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I would assume Watson would go straight to the Commissioner’s List but since they didn’t suspend Richard Sherman, who the f*** knows. Just maddening that NFL refuses to take domestic violence abusers and sexual predators seriously.
The NFL is in a strange spot here where they’ve been waiting on law enforcement to do something. It’s been months. Watson hasn’t been charged with anything, and I don’t know if there’s any indication he will be. Even the civil lawsuits against Watson have gone quiet.

I can’t imagine a team would spend what is necessary to trade for him unless they’ve figured out some way that the criminal investigations are dead, but who knows.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
As we all know, QBs don't need WRs to throw to or OL to protect them since they can just win games on their own /s

Couldn't agree more. Both guys need to go

You would think the Dolphins, a team that failed to properly build around Dan Marino for his entire career, would know that already. I guess not.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You would think the Dolphins, a team that failed to properly build around Dan Marino for his entire career, would know that already. I guess not.

Through out Dan Marino's prime career, he played with 1 hall of fame player...which was a centre and a damn good one to boot.

It's weird, the Dolphins with Don Shula built around the team aspect during their Super Bowl runs of the early 1970's. They had a stable QB, power running game, stud offensive line, clutch receivers and a defense that made opponents tap out.

Marino had clutch receivers, stud offensive line....terrible running game, terrible defense which would come home to roost as teams knew Marino was going to through 99 percent of the time.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Through out Dan Marino's prime career, he played with 1 hall of fame player...which was a centre and a damn good one to boot.

It's weird, the Dolphins with Don Shula built around the team aspect during their Super Bowl runs of the early 1970's. They had a stable QB, power running game, stud offensive line, clutch receivers and a defense that made opponents tap out.

Marino had clutch receivers, stud offensive line....terrible running game, terrible defense which would come home to roost as teams knew Marino was going to through 99 percent of the time.

The Dolphins simply never put it all together at the same time, and back in the 1980's and 1990's you could not win a Super Bowl without a running game or defense no matter how well you threw the ball.

Not to use an obnoxious term from the hockey-side of this board, but Marino was a generational talent. Ridicuous arm talent and arguably the greatest release in NFL history. I cannot imagine what kind of unholy nuclear inferno he could unleash in today's game where it's illegal to breathe on the QB.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Dolphins simply never put it all together at the same time, and back in the 1980's and 1990's you could not win a Super Bowl without a running game or defense no matter how well you threw the ball.

Not to use an obnoxious term from the hockey-side of this board, but Marino was a generational talent. Ridicuous arm talent and arguably the greatest release in NFL history. I cannot imagine what kind of unholy nuclear inferno he could unleash in today's game where it's illegal to breathe on the QB.

It's strange, from 1983-1985 the Dolphins during Marino's time went to the playoffs then all of a sudden from 86-89 they severely tanked due to horrible defense and bad running game.

From 90-95, the last of the Don Shula years they missed the playoffs twice (91 they were 8-8, 93 they went 9-7 but Marino was injured earlier in the season).

90 they got beat up by Buffalo, 92 they got severely beat up by Buffalo in the AFC Championship game in Miami no less. 94 they blew a half time lead against the Chargers and 95 again, losing to Buffalo.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
It's strange, from 1983-1985 the Dolphins during Marino's time went to the playoffs then all of a sudden from 86-89 they severely tanked due to horrible defense and bad running game.

From 90-95, the last of the Don Shula years they missed the playoffs twice (91 they were 8-8, 93 they went 9-7 but Marino was injured earlier in the season).

90 they got beat up by Buffalo, 92 they got severely beat up by Buffalo in the AFC Championship game in Miami no less. 94 they blew a half time lead against the Chargers and 95 again, losing to Buffalo.

They should have properly identified their weaknesses after the 49ers, a far more balanced team, handed them their asses on a platter in the SB. Instead they doubled down on Marino and made his supporting cast worse when it was clear to everyone in that era that you need to be violent and overwhelming in the trenches to win at that time.

Even the 49ers and their new at the time west coast offense had absolutely elite defenses and clutch running backs that could catch and block, to go along with the Montanas, Youngs, Rices, etc. The Dolphins were apparently like "we have Marino and Shula, the rebuild is done once we get the Mark's brothers at WR!"

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
If this pans out, this could be the situation where I find another teem to root for, or just simply watch red zone with no skin in the game at all.

Tua has gotten 0 respect. He got drafted by the Dolphins(their doing, not his fault), knowing he was coming off an injury. Covid sucked because there was no offseason for him, but they had him sit(which was smart in my opinion), then tossed him into the fire.

The terrible OL leads to him getting injured in game 2. He comes back and plays a good game against the Jags, 2 bonehead plays(3rd & 2 trying to pass it but could have just ran for the 1st, and the INT throw). But overall that should have been a W for the Dolphins in London. He's played in what, 13 total games? Not even a full season, and even after last year people were saying he's not the one. I'm so tired of the bullcrap(and I blame social media and the talking heads from the god awful sports talk shows) of 1 and done, not the answer, etc. etc. There are times where it's true, but Tua was handed a horrible hand getting drafted by Miami. He has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio, he has the mobility(not as high as others sure) to scramble out of the pocket and awareness to go get some yards.

Hopefully he comes out this week and just balls, shuts everyone up.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
If this pans out, this could be the situation where I find another teem to root for, or just simply watch red zone with no skin in the game at all.

Tua has gotten 0 respect. He got drafted by the Dolphins(their doing, not his fault), knowing he was coming off an injury. Covid sucked because there was no offseason for him, but they had him sit(which was smart in my opinion), then tossed him into the fire.

The terrible OL leads to him getting injured in game 2. He comes back and plays a good game against the Jags, 2 bonehead plays(3rd & 2 trying to pass it but could have just ran for the 1st, and the INT throw). But overall that should have been a W for the Dolphins in London. He's played in what, 13 total games? Not even a full season, and even after last year people were saying he's not the one. I'm so tired of the bullcrap(and I blame social media and the talking heads from the god awful sports talk shows) of 1 and done, not the answer, etc. etc. There are times where it's true, but Tua was handed a horrible hand getting drafted by Miami. He has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio, he has the mobility(not as high as others sure) to scramble out of the pocket and awareness to go get some yards.

Hopefully he comes out this week and just balls, shuts everyone up.
Beautifully said.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I still have hope for Tua to be a caliber type like Kyler Murray is now. Whoever gets him, whether be it Houston or the rumoured Washington FT..here’s that Tua gets a team that surrounds him with the proper talent.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I still have hope for Tua to be a caliber type like Kyler Murray is now. Whoever gets him, whether be it Houston or the rumoured Washington FT..here’s that Tua gets a team that surrounds him with the proper talent.

I don't think he'll ever be on Murray's level, Murray is a different kind of QB(a bit more athletic IMO). But Tua has the awareness and smarts to get out of a bad situation and use his legs to his advantage. He's more of a pocket QB than Murray is, but isn't afraid to dip out of the pocket to make a play. I really like Tua, and he really worked hard this offseason on his strength and in general to be a better QB, and although it's been a short sample this season, I feel like all aspects of his game are improved over last year(and can you blame him, he was coming off a horrible injury last year as it was). These rumors have me so pissed off, it's the same situation with Tannehill. The problem isn't the QB position, it's the GM and football heads putting a crappy team around our QBs.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't think he'll ever be on Murray's level, Murray is a different kind of QB(a bit more athletic IMO). But Tua has the awareness and smarts to get out of a bad situation and use his legs to his advantage. He's more of a pocket QB than Murray is, but isn't afraid to dip out of the pocket to make a play. I really like Tua, and he really worked hard this offseason on his strength and in general to be a better QB, and although it's been a short sample this season, I feel like all aspects of his game are improved over last year(and can you blame him, he was coming off a horrible injury last year as it was). These rumors have me so pissed off, it's the same situation with Tannehill. The problem isn't the QB position, it's the GM and football heads putting a crappy team around our QBs.

It’s a shame really, I had Miami as a playoff team this year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
High end comp for Tua coming out of Alabama was Brees. Similar height and build. Best throwing attribute is accuracy. Brees had more zip in the ball though.

with Tua, pressure is on him given that burrow and Herbert are playing well early in their careers.

Tua has to show that he can push the ball more in the intermediate to deeper routes. Windows are much tighter than at Bama when his WR, with multiple first rounders were blowing past DBs in college.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
High end comp for Tua coming out of Alabama was Brees. Similar height and build. Best throwing attribute is accuracy. Brees had more zip in the ball though.

with Tua, pressure is on him given that burrow and Herbert are playing well early in their careers.

Tua has to show that he can push the ball more in the intermediate to deeper routes. Windows are much tighter than at Bama when his WR, with multiple first rounders were blowing past DBs in college.

Not to mention that Burrow has had injuries himself and plays behind a shit offensive line in his own right. He does get a bit of 2021-Mahomes-itis when he forces the ball at times though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad