NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Deshaun Watson might be in some serious trouble here. Especially of these are proven to be true.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not stopping other teams’ pursuit of him, so that tells you where the NFL is sitting on this given how long this has been out there now

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
It’s not stopping other teams’ pursuit of him, so that tells you where the NFL is sitting on this given how long this has been out there now
I am actually surprised that the NFL seems to be taking such a relaxed approach to this, especially when you compare it to how quickly they got involved in Antonio Brown's situation.

With Antonio Brown, they were flying out to meet with the accuser and spending hours interviewing them.

Reactions: BSHH

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am actually surprised that the NFL seems to be taking such a relaxed approach to this, especially when you compare it to how quickly they got involved in Antonio Brown's situation.

With Antonio Brown, they were flying out to meet with the accuser and spending hours interviewing them.
The insiders are staying hands-off as well. They don't want to report on this until they know they have to. They've been pushing Watson trade scenarios for months now.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The time of year is also a factor. The season doesn’t start for months, so the NFL doesn’t need to rush to get involved just yet, especially if it looks like some victims are going to the police.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Here's why I believe these women are lying. Again just my opinion. Nobody here knows full truth:

1. A bunch of women claim assault as soon as lady 1 does. Making me think they would realize they have a better shot of getting money out of him because they are one of a many making claims.

2. Why file a civil, not criminal charges? $$$$ is my answer.

3. Funny how these never come out at the time of the incident. It just so happens a civil suit is filed several months after he gets $ 140 million.

I truly hope his team doesn't give in here and give them a dime.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Here's why I believe these women are lying. Again just my opinion. Nobody here knows full truth:

1. A bunch of women claim assault as soon as lady 1 does. Making me think they would realize they have a better shot of getting money out of him because they are one of a many making claims.

3. Funny how these never come out at the time of the incident. It just so happens a civil suit is filed several months after he gets $ 140 million.

While I agree there is a lot of weird stuff going on here and the timeline for everything is very questionable. I feel like their is reasonable explanations for these things

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't really want to get bogged down into victim shaming or jumping to guilt for Watson or any of that. Plenty of things feel weird and off here (on both sides).

24 (and potentially more) women accusing a man of something, with similar stories, is awfully hard to explain innocently away. Just from that alone, Watson would appear to be in some deep shit.

But the details in some of these allegations that came out yesterday seem...rather far fetched. To be clear, I am NOT, in any way, saying that they're untrue, just that it sounds so bizarre that it's hard to believe (but we, as humans, are f***ed up and so it could be true).
Specifically I'm talking about one instance where he supposedly ejaculated onto a masseuse, who claimed she did not know that anus-play was "not part of a Swedish massage", and then he turned over and started masturbating. There's a lot to unpack there, for one he ejaculated and then started masturbating?

And then the other set of details, that the lesbian masseuse was forced to put both (?) her hands in his anus....I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which someone is forced to do that, with all the massage oil (which was mentioned in the complaint), and it succeeding, no matter how strong the perpetrator is.

And then Mike Florio brought up a good point this morning, and I'm only putting it here because I've actually found him to be more on the cautious side / believing Watson is guilty of something:

Despite Buzbee’s aggressive tactics and at-times disingenuous and/or not credible public statements (e.g., he’s not seeking publicity when he is, the cases aren’t about money when they are, he doesn’t know Texans owner “Cal or Hal [McNair] whatever his name is”), Buzbee’s approach is resonating with the public in large part because Watson’s approach has been to do or say hardly anything.

Meanwhile, it’s somewhat unusual that no other lawyers represent clients who are making similar claims against Watson. In a situation like this, other lawyers who have law firms with significant monthly expenses and who are indeed in the habit of seeking publicity and/or cash will begin coming forward with other plaintiffs of their own. With so many women making so many claims against Watson, it’s a bit odd that none of them have ended up being represented by someone other that Buzbee.

Ultimately...I believe I land back on the initial notion that it's hard to establish innocence when 24 women (and potentially more) are all accusing you of misconduct with stories being awfully similar.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I don't really want to get bogged down into victim shaming or jumping to guilt for Watson or any of that. Plenty of things feel weird and off here (on both sides).

24 (and potentially more) women accusing a man of something, with similar stories, is awfully hard to explain innocently away. Just from that alone, Watson would appear to be in some deep shit.

But the details in some of these allegations that came out yesterday seem...rather far fetched. To be clear, I am NOT, in any way, saying that they're untrue, just that it sounds so bizarre that it's hard to believe (but we, as humans, are f***ed up and so it could be true).
Specifically I'm talking about one instance where he supposedly ejaculated onto a masseuse, who claimed she did not know that anus-play was "not part of a Swedish massage", and then he turned over and started masturbating. There's a lot to unpack there, for one he ejaculated and then started masturbating?

And then the other set of details, that the lesbian masseuse was forced to put both (?) her hands in his anus....I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which someone is forced to do that, with all the massage oil (which was mentioned in the complaint), and it succeeding, no matter how strong the perpetrator is.

And then Mike Florio brought up a good point this morning, and I'm only putting it here because I've actually found him to be more on the cautious side / believing Watson is guilty of something:

Ultimately...I believe I land back on the initial notion that it's hard to establish innocence when 24 women (and potentially more) are all accusing you of misconduct with stories being awfully similar.

Because girl # 1 decided now was the time to railroad a guy's career. A career in flux in Houston. So the timing makes sense.

Then...the rest of the girls followed that story.

My guess (Which means nothing) is the other women couldn't come up with a story of their own. So they decided to just copy the other women's stories.

Right now there's no proof that we know of. And the NFL could get a lot of pushback from the P.A. (And even courts) if D.W. is suspended without any physical evidence.

Now would said pushback lead to anything? Maybe not. See Brady.

But right now the fact all these stories are the same is very suspicious. As is the timing.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

The answer to #2 is easy, the burden of proof in civil cases is significantly lower, and the lawyer has stated he will be filing his records in criminal court and requesting a Grand Jury decide whether or not to pursue charge.

A bunch of women coming forward at the same time is actually pretty normal, it's hard to be the one person claiming something, when there's 10 (now 20) others it is much easier to come forward.

No one should “believe” anyone. The allegations should be investigated fairly and thoroughly, and the truth determined. Unfortunately that’s the opposite of what our culture is.
Life isn't this simple. The 'truth' being determined isn't black and white like people want it to be.

Would you consider him guilty if he is found not guilty in criminal court but found liable in civil court?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The answer to #2 is easy, the burden of proof in civil cases is significantly lower, and the lawyer has stated he will be filing his records in criminal court and requesting a Grand Jury decide whether or not to pursue charge.

A bunch of women coming forward at the same time is actually pretty normal, it's hard to be the one person claiming something, when there's 10 (now 20) others it is much easier to come forward.

Life isn't this simple. The 'truth' being determined isn't black and white like people want it to be.

Would you consider him guilty if he is found not guilty in criminal court but found liable in civil court?

Of course it's easy. Because your one of a few dozen women. Your name won't be focused on. I just don't believe any of it. The timing and circumstances as a whole just reek of another person looking for a pay day.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Of course it's easy. Because your one of a few dozen women. Your name won't be focused on. I just don't believe any of it. The timing and circumstances as a whole just reek of another person looking for a pay day.
That's the point though, you don't get shredded nearly as bad by the media or online when there's a couple dozen people. Women who come forward with sexual assault claims against famous people get absolutely shredded. Their lives get hyper focused on, their sexual habits, 'what was she wearing', 'why didn't she stop him', 'why wait to come forward' etc. etc. It is not an easy situation. Having people with a similar story makes it easier for them.

I find it hard to believe there is 24 women out there trying to get a quick payday and not that one person is a bad guy. Obviously we don't know for sure one way or another, but it reeks to me. I don't really see how the timing and circumstances look stinky tbh, this doesn't help the Texans trading him or playing him, he's been in the NFL for years it's not like he's getting his first contract. I know you want to point out his new contract but I'd be surprised if the women even knew about that, besides between his first rounder contract and endorsements he's surely already a wealthy man.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Y'all realize it would be the worst case scenario for Houston if Watson got suspended and couldn't be traded, right? Why would the owner destroy what's left of his team?

"Well if he's suspended he wouldn't get paid." ....and the team would go 2-14.

All the people defending Watson sure seem like the same people who defended Bill Cosby.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Still some missing information. Like how many of the plaintiffs so far are actually licensed massage therapists? Did Watson actually have a session with them. If he did, why would an elite athlete like him be switching between so many massage therapists? Majority of people once they find a good one stick with that person for each session only accepting a massage from another therapist if their preferred one is booked.
And if he wanted to change therapists should he be asking his teammates for recommendations rather than just roll the dice on his own to find one?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Because girl # 1 decided now was the time to railroad a guy's career. A career in flux in Houston. So the timing makes sense.

Then...the rest of the girls followed that story.

My guess (Which means nothing) is the other women couldn't come up with a story of their own. So they decided to just copy the other women's stories.

Right now there's no proof that we know of. And the NFL could get a lot of pushback from the P.A. (And even courts) if D.W. is suspended without any physical evidence.

Now would said pushback lead to anything? Maybe not. See Brady.

But right now the fact all these stories are the same is very suspicious. As is the timing.

Ah yes, the old bunch of co-conspirators trying to get a quick buck scheme. It's not like rich, famous athletes can't be absolute creeps who think they are untouchable.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Y'all realize it would be the worst case scenario for Houston if Watson got suspended and couldn't be traded, right? Why would the owner destroy what's left of his team?

"Well if he's suspended he wouldn't get paid." ....and the team would go 2-14.

All the people defending Watson sure seem like the same people who defended Bill Cosby.
Houston is a very stupid franchise, I wouldn't put it past them to leak these allegations not knowing their franchise would be liable

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
no surprise the Watson truthers from the trade thread are also now implying more than a dozen victims(and counting, might have gone up since the time of this post) are lying or it's some Texans conspiracy.

this Watson is a rare combo clubhouse cancer + serial sexual predator.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
no surprise the Watson truthers from the trade thread are also now implying more than a dozen victims(and counting, might have gone up since the time of this post) are lying or it's some Texans conspiracy.

this Watson is a rare combo clubhouse cancer + serial sexual predator.
How can a guy loved by his teammates be a clubhouse cancer?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I completely agree with you that they are not contradictory.

But what would you say regarding the claims? True? False? We'll never know so just don't say anything bad about Watson?

I suppose that in that case I would say he did something wrong but I wouldn’t say things like “he’s a rapist/criminal”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad