Confirmed with Link: Derek Grant obtained from Anaheim for Criscuolo + 4th

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Grant for 4 is fine even Thompson for 5 is acceptable. This franchise knew Bunny wasn't answer and should have given last 2 weeks to see if Frost is/was the answer. In light of that Grant is better than Bunny (and shooting stats aren't going to hold up). But if Farabee is not playing for Nate Thompson then that is stupid to the 1000000000000X degree.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think we need even more 4th line centers. Hopefully Fletcher can get one using our 3rd or 6th.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This. People need to realize that playing 4th line is a role, 4th line isn't just a place to put your shiny prospects who aren't in the league yet. Frost will play top-9 or wait. Grant will play 4th line. Respect the roles.

Send down NAK?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Sounds like he is a good PKer and a SHG risk. I love having a dangerous PK again.

How is his speed? Little concerned we got a lot slower today.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Farabee will be back up. But he had a shittshow of a game on Sat. He just has brain cramps and needs to stop being too fine when he gets chances and not miss the net.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
All I'm asking for is a 20g/30a guy down there. Doesn't have to be like, a 3C, just a 4C who can put up 50+ points.
A 4c who puts up 50+ points is a 2nd line center. Not getting someone like that with a 4th round pick or their cap situation

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm a little more excited about the Thompson acquisition than Grant.

Just because Thompson should mesh perfectly on the fourth line and be a huge pain in the ass. He, NAK, and Raffl will be a complete bitch to face.

Reactions: JXC and dingbathero

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Farabee being in the AHL isn't going to determine if this team wins or loses.

That this sentiment still exists in 2020 is absolutely baffling to me. Nothing matters but top guys, small potatoes moves, etc. There are edges out there to be found and margins of victory are tiny and shrinking by the day. This is about the only way you can be wrong out of hand.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It's funny when you enter a thread and read fancy stat folks talk about how Grant is the Ducks worst player, lol.

He's been one of the Ducks best forwards all year. Common misconception is that he's some grinder/plug, when he's more of a 2-way forward and doesn't actualy hit all that much anymore. He's good on the penalty kill, where he breaks up plays and even scores goals. Basically he does everything well. Makes good passes with the puck, rarely turns it over, his hands aren't terrible and he even displays some hand-eye in front of the opposing goalie. I disagree with other Ducks fans that he's a fast skater, but he gets around it with good smarts.

Every Ducks fan wanted him re-signed. But this summer is gonna be his big chance of cashing in some in free agency.

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
It's funny when you enter a thread and read fancy stat folks talk about how Grant is the Ducks worst player, lol.

He's been one of the Ducks best forwards all year. Common misconception is that he's some grinder/plug, when he's more of a 2-way forward and doesn't actualy hit all that much anymore. He's good on the penalty kill, where he breaks up plays and even scores goals. Basically he does everything well. Makes good passes with the puck, rarely turns it over, his hands aren't terrible and he even displays some hand-eye in front of the opposing goalie. I disagree with other Ducks fans that he's a fast skater, but he gets around it with good smarts.

Every Ducks fan wanted him re-signed. But this summer is gonna be his big chance of cashing in some in free agency.
Not many in here have ever watched him play before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad