Confirmed with Link: Derek Grant obtained from Anaheim for Criscuolo + 4th

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
"obtained" lol

That sounds about right. A 4th round pick for this guy who is not an upgrade. A 5th round pick for a sideways depth move is one thing, but I don't know about this one.

All I have to say is we better not be seeing dumb lineup decisions with these guys

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I got Nate move... I am not sure about this one... I do not watch Ducks so I have no idea.. Is that our scorer?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Not sure why Grant AND Thompson.

Thank god there aren’t a couple of young guys (Frost, Bunn) in the organization who could have likely given you a higher level of play - while being developed at the same time.

giphy.gif

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Know nothing about Derek Grant but his wiki page says his nickname is Elite 1C and he's missing front teeth, so obviously he is the answer to all our problems.

Screenshot_20200224-114521.png
Screenshot_20200224-114521.png

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Damn we added "Nasty" Nate Thompson and a guy born on 4/20? Clearly Vigneault needed more party people in the room.

I don't want these players... Done, bad, slow players who can only hits and block because of they are defendind a lot of time when they are on ice...

As unexcited as I am by these additions...I mean, come on. A lot of you talking like this couldn't pick Nate Thompson or Derek Grant out of any room full of Connors and Kevins and Braydons. They're perfectly serviceable NHL 4th liners who aren't "done" or particularly "slow." You can be unenthused without being wrong for no damn reason.

Reactions: flyersjim73

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Love frost, but let’s face it, he didn’t do anything his time here. Grant and Thompson are upgrades and depth to 4c and the 13th forward.

these guys will not hold frost back next year when he is truly ready for the nhl. Bunny has been serviceable but isn’t the answer for a Cup run.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
As long as Aube-Kubel remains in the lineup then I have no issue with adding depth.

I think it'll be a rotation for a bit--you might see NAK or Raffl sitting in favor of one of these two in a game early on. And when the injuries hit, you'll see the full complement. Bunnaman is obviously the first out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad