Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If one of these guys plays 3C...

PC1VWJI.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
70% dzone starts for Grant this year. Jesus Henry Christ.

He was a slightly possible possesion player last year with more reasonable 56% dzone starts.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Love frost, but let’s face it, he didn’t do anything his time here. Grant and Thompson are upgrades and depth to 4c and the 13th forward.

these guys will not hold frost back next year when he is truly ready for the nhl. Bunny has been serviceable but isn’t the answer for a Cup run.

But Nate ****ing Thompson and Derek ****ing Grant are the answers to a Cup run :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

bahahahahahahahahahaha

This fanbase is comedy gold.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Congrats guys, Grant is everything you want from a 4th line center and then some.

Don`t look at those fancy stats too much. Grant often started in Dzone and very reguralry cleared heavy minutes.
He skates fast, takes a lot of ice, can score.

I liked your post better when I thought that said "regurgitated," but I still like it. Great post.

Mike Puck

Feb 10, 2015
Swe
I think these are good moves for the Flyers. Basically Braun type of adds to the offence, experienced guys who can grind and kill penalties. Still can't understand how someone thinks these moves are eating time from Frost etc because Frost isn't going to spend his time in fourth line if he's with the Flyers.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
i have another very important question.... and that question is... why?

Probably because we didn't have much cap space (some teams booked space for this time of the season, but we didn't --- this is where LTIR hurts) and Fletch wanted to add some cheap experience that didn't mortgage the future.

I liked the idea of Pageau, but never saw how it could be accomplished without screwing up another part of the team.

Grant is good depth for the playoffs.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Congrats guys, Grant is everything you want from a 4th line center and then some.

Don`t look at those fancy stats too much. Grant often started in Dzone and very reguralry cleared heavy minutes.
He skates fast, takes a lot of ice, can score.

Whoa skates fast?! Some dude who has never seen him play before told me he was slow and finished.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
obviously but they aren't here and we need center depth for the palyoffs @people who say lets just play frost/patrick. I like the grant move. Cheap and a decent player. I watch the ducks a lot here in cali and he was one of the only bright spots. Big center, good at faceoffs, great pker, and was used against top guys which is nice to have. Don't look at his possession numbers on an awful ducks team. This moves laughton to wing or just takes bunnaman out:

jvr-laughton-ptilick
raffl-grant-nak

probably shouldn't mess with the laughton line right now the way they are playing. Nice solid move.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
4c was the biggest weakness in this lineup. Grant, Thompson and Bunny to compete against each other and to be available when injuries occur. I like this much better going into the playoffs then just Bunny.

Reactions: Flyrs21

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
now we probably don't need giroux to come on the pk at all. Grant/thompson can just take them.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Better than Stewart for injury depth, but not all that happy spending draft pick assets on bodies that won't likely be around next season.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
now we probably don't need giroux to come on the pk at all. Grant/thompson can just take them.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Better than Stewart for injury depth, but not all that happy spending draft pick assets on bodies that won't likely be around next season.

im ok with it. Not that often you hit on those anyway. Plus, we have guys like frost, ratcliffe, allison, brink, york, zamula already and still have our 1st/2nd this year as well as our own 4th.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
im ok with it. Not that often you hit on those anyway. Plus, we have guys like frost, ratcliffe, allison, brink, york, zamula already and still have our 1st/2nd this year as well as our own 4th.
Drafts are crapshoots, so quantity of picks is valuable. Moving picks for marginal short term help is not a long term strategy for success.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Whoa skates fast?! Some dude who has never seen him play before told me he was slow and finished.

I got this video at the Ducks' practice facility and it does look like Derek has lost a step. :naughty:

tenor.gif

Seriously, he's a decent skater who can kill penalties, win draws and fill role that our brain trust probably doesn't trust Bunny to do, just yet. And we didn't have to trade Bunny, or another promising youngster to get him.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Sorry, this was a duplicate.

The board is a little wonky today with all this trade deadline fever. :D

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
A 4th and a 5th for depth. I'm fine with it. It's not like we gave up a lot and they can be useful.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I think these are good moves for the Flyers. Basically Braun type of adds to the offence, experienced guys who can grind and kill penalties. Still can't understand how someone thinks these moves are eating time from Frost etc because Frost isn't going to spend his time in fourth line if he's with the Flyers.

This. People need to realize that playing 4th line is a role, 4th line isn't just a place to put your shiny prospects who aren't in the league yet. Frost will play top-9 or wait. Grant will play 4th line. Respect the roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad