Confirmed with Link: Dennis Seidenberg on buyout waivers

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Mad respect for Seids and what he gave to this team, but the time has come to move on.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
So how much of his hit will still be on the cap?

Im a fan of this move, i will always love seids, but this shows sweeney is willing to make pragmatic decisions and not cling to memories of yester-year

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
Real good Bruins, big part of the Bruins golden age. But it is the right call, unless health and recovery was an issue he simply appears to be unable to play. Thanks for the memories Seids, you were a real good player for a real long time.

And a great trade pick up by Chiarelli....before Chiarelli apparently lost his mind......

Best wishes Seids!

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
I'd say there's another dman that should be bought out either now or next year, but I doubt a lot of people here want to hear that...:laugh:

My guess is McQuaid. A Z buyout seems silly at this point. He's clearly still a serviceable D and I'd like to think if push came to shove we could get him to waive for a trade.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Loved Seids...was hell of a warrior for us for the time he was here...Wish him nothing but the best. Will miss the german hammer for sure.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So how much of his hit will still be on the cap?

Im a fan of this move, i will always love seids, but this shows sweeney is willing to make pragmatic decisions and not cling to memories of yester-year

We have 2.833m more cap space this season, 1.833 next season i believe. 4.666 in total.

So 1.166 remains this season, 2.166 next.

DK46

Jun 21, 2012
Hanwell, NB
Always liked Seids. He was a warrior for the Bs in the 2011 cup run.

But sometimes you need to change things up and/or move on.

Wish him all the best. Can't say anything negative about him as a player. That knee injury really impacted him unfortunately.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Love Seids, has been amazing for us, but it was time.

Thanks for everything!

Gonna miss him punishing people.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
So Nick Holden goes for a 4th a week ago but Dennis Seidenberg has no value league-wide? Not even "future considerations" value?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He was an absolute warrior for this team. Sad to see him go, but it's time to give the young guys a chance to make the roster.
So Nick Holden goes for a 4th a week ago but Dennis Seidenberg has no value league-wide? Not even "future considerations" value?
$1,650,000 vs. $4,000,000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad