Confirmed with Link: Dennis Seidenberg on buyout waivers

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Like many have already said, I love and appreciate what Seids has done for this team, but it was time.

I wish him all the best.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
All the best to Seids and Bubbles Lollipop.

I'm borderline on this move - not knowing any more info, IMO either move is close to a wash. The tipping point would be how he is injury-wise, and I can see not being comfortable with how he might be, given his knee and back injuries. IIRC, nobody even really knew how he injured his back - he just showed up to camp, and BOOM.

And I don't fault Seids at all - next to Chara, he seems to me to be the next on the list of the "physical freak of nature" list. They followed him with cameras one summer during his workouts, and it scared the living crap out of me.

Hopefully this means we're getting help on the blue line. Soon. And more than the Krug signing.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Seidenberg was a warrior when healthy. But he's broken down now. This buyout had to happen and it made sense. Thanks for your contributions in the past Seids, but you had to go! Best of luck to you somewhere else as long as you don't pick the Canadiens as your next team!!

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Sad day to see him go, but definitely the right move going forward...

But, I do hope this means someone else is coming in

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When Seids returns with his new team I am sure he will get a nice ovation from the fans.

And I have no doubt he finds a job for next year.

Teams have interest in Seids.

Teams don't have interest in Seids at 4 million per and 2 years left.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I am not really a fan of this buyout, unless the Bruins plan to spend to the cap or the Bruins have something in place to improve the blue line. I am not really a fan of having this buyout on the books for four years. If we don't spend to the cap, or we don't improve the blue line, this is a poor decision

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Like many have already said, I love and appreciate what Seids has done for this team, but it was time.

I wish him all the best.

me too, doubt any team out there would have given up a thing for him after all the surgeries and his clear lack of speed and this was all DS could do

Seids was a beast during that Cup run and I`ll always appreciate all he did for that team as I have with everyone who played on it

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I come to praise Seidenberg, not to bury him.

I agree, it was time, but he was awesome for many years, and a key cog in a Cup. He should find work no problem, and he should get a nice ovation when he comes to Boston.

Whenever I see Colby Armstrong on TV, I always think of Seidenberg.

Ah, the good old days...

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Agreed with the general sentiment... love Seids, but it was certainly time to move on.

replacements-1516-BOS-seidede81-shots.png

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
Loved watching him play! He went from the Hurricanes D-man with the weird blade holders to a dominant shutdown playoff warrior who fit perfectly in black + gold! Best of luck!

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
When he got here in 2010, probably the biggest hole on the team was #2 defenseman, Ward wasn't capable of that role, Morris didn't cut it, Seidenberg came in and filled it, could play huge minutes if needed, we probably don't win the cup without Seidenberg.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I've been waiting for the Bruins to find their next Seidenberg for a few years now. Total under the radar acquisition, that paid instant dividends.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Right move. Loved you Seids but last year was pretty tough to watch. I'm assuming Sweeney put feelers out there, got no takers and had to make this tough decision. Best of luck Seids!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad