Death Stranding

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
After watching quite a bit of gameplay that's starting to come out now, the game just looks incredibly repetitive and not in a good way. I'll probably give it a shot when it is discounted in a couple of weeks but man it looks pretty disappointing. Seems like its exactly what most people were concerned it would be

The graphics are great though, I just don't know how interesting the same mission would be for 50 hours straight

I watched a bit of it being streamed last night as well.

Story seems weirdly interesting. Game play seems....lackluster at best. Definitely going to watch some more, so that's saying something at least.

If I decide to pick it up, I'll need to wait for the PC version anyway (or maybe the PS5 release) since I don't currently own a PS4 anymore, so there's that stopping me anyway.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also, the Collector's Edition for this game is HUGE! Seriously, there was no extra room in the box and I'm glad I didn't push down at all with the knife I was using to open the box.

Also, it is coming out to Steam and EGS at the same time in Summer 2020.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m really enjoying this so far. Visually amazing, and relaxing to play.

I'm debating on getting it, but is it something you can see yourself putting 50-60 hours into it to beat the main story?

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I'm debating on getting it, but is it something you can see yourself putting 50-60 hours into it to beat the main story?

I’m 6 hours in and so far they’ve mixed everything up well with combat, deliveries, stealth moments, and mind blowing cut scenes so I can’t wait to see this thing through. My favourite gameplay mechanic so far is the deliveries, the terrain being your greatest adversary and being something completely new is awesome. Some won’t like it for sure, but just as you come over the horizon and a song starts playing, it’s pretty amazing

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m 6 hours in and so far they’ve mixed everything up well with combat, deliveries, stealth moments, and mind blowing cut scenes so I can’t wait to see this thing through. My favourite gameplay mechanic so far is the deliveries, the terrain being your greatest adversary and being something completely new is awesome. Some won’t like it for sure, but just as you come over the horizon and a song starts playing, it’s pretty amazing

The peaceful and relaxing aspect to it is what draws my interest the most and I honestly didn't expect to get it or even want to get it after hearing some of the reviews, but the more gameplay I watch (literally just people walking from destination to destination, but for some reason I'm becoming more and more interested in it) the more I want it or at least want to try it...I assume within a couple of weeks the price will drop a bit or maybe I'll even wait til xmas and grab it then. Seems like something I'd probably like after all. That and I just realized that the new Star Wars game doesn't look all that great so I don't have any games to play outside of NHL 20 and MW :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Watched several streams at various points of the game, several gameplay loops, mechanics in action.

Holy crap, this game looks not fun. Like at all.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
If I play this game a year from now won't it be like playing easy mode as everyone else will have built structures to make traversing the terrain easier?

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I still haven't played the game and after watching streamers, don't really have any desire to play it. I do find it kind of funny the way reviews are about this game though. Every single negative review is "I'm glad Kojima got to make the game he wanted to make, it's just not the game for me." If this game was made by anyone else the internet would have been, "This game is boring and the developers deserve to get poor sales out of this."

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
It’s funny because the amount of stuff you do after you reach chapter 3 is the farthest thing from boring. Obviously reviewers have their own opinions and stuff but the game is so bloody addicting, glad I picked it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad