Death Stranding

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I mean I am fully on board with Mr. Kojima’s wild ride right now.

Me too. Not sure I want to spend $80 on this, but I'll buy it eventually, even it reviews poorly, if just to experience the weirdness.

Serious question: Does anyone (except Kojima) fully understand all aspects of Metal Gear Soild?

@The Nemesis might. Hes usually good for explaining things to me that im too dumb to understand :laugh:

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Me too. Not sure I want to spend $80 on this, but I'll buy it eventually, even it reviews poorly, if just to experience the weirdness.

Serious question: Does anyone except (Kojima) fully understand all aspects of Metal Gear Soild?

@The Nemesis might. Hes usually good for explaining things to me that im too dumb to understand :laugh:

Depends on which game. I think 3 and 4 are pretty straight forward.

You could write a whole thesis on meme theory based on 2 alone. Kojima went full deep dive on thst one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Serious question: Does anyone except (Kojima) fully understand all aspects of Metal Gear Soild?

:laugh: Nooooope. I was sort of on board for some of the craziness of MGS2, but since then I've sort of checked out. I haven't even finished MGS4 yet. I keep starting and then bailing after a few hours to play other games that hook me more.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I watched the trailer going in completely blind (literally, it popped up on YouTube with Reedus as a thumbnail and I'm like "cool")

What the hell did I watch? Something about time traveling oil ghosts and multimasked Vietnam soldiers? Does this have anything to do with that other cancelled game with Reedus?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I watched the trailer going in completely blind (literally, it popped up on YouTube with Reedus as a thumbnail and I'm like "cool")

What the hell did I watch? Something about time traveling oil ghosts and multimasked Vietnam soldiers? Does this have anything to do with that other cancelled game with Reedus?
The other cancelled game was silent hill, so no.

The plot is this, all the major american cities have walled themselves off, Norman Reedus mission is to reunite them by building somekind of bridge to connect them back together. There is apparently going to be some type of multiplayer aspect to this from the interviews. Guessing it will be like the FOB missions from Mgsv if Kojima had any input on that.

The monsters and time travel hasn't been explained, but like all Kojima games, it probably won't make sense even once you hear the explanation.

But here's my issue with this game now. It basically just looks like Mgsv. All the shooting, animations, long single-take take cutscenes, etc. Now I liked mgsv a lot don't get me wrong, but I can never play it again because of the absolutely horrible QoL features built around the open world gameplay

Long drawn out loading screens, horrible and borderline useless fast travel, and the barrent empty open world. Kojima can't make an open world to save his life.

Now ground zeroes is another story. I can pop that in and play it anytime. That's what this game needs to have. A linear mission based story mode that doesn't need to have you crawling around a desolate open world.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The descriptions on the website are more interesting than the trailer. Definitely not going to be a traditional AAA game.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Depends on which game. I think 3 and 4 are pretty straight forward.

You could write a whole thesis on meme theory based on 2 alone. Kojima went full deep dive on thst one.
How is 4 straight forward? Its story is pretty bizarre even for MGS.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How is 4 straight forward? Its story is pretty bizarre even for MGS.
Relatively straight forward, world economy is controlled by war, main opponent being privately funded armies, controlled by an AI supercomputer.

The problem is the absolutely convoluted mess of "plot" that is just rambling exposition with an 30 minute slideshow as the backdrop that adds nothing to the story.

Its actually a decent idea for a story, just too much crap thrown in.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The descriptions on the website are more interesting than the trailer. Definitely not going to be a traditional AAA game.
Yea those descriptions made me a lot more interested than I was after the trailer. I never really played any of the MGS so I don't care much for Kojima, but I'm intrigued at the thought of giving someone complete freedom to make a game.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Is this a PS4 exclusive? I'd like to get this game, but I only have an Xbox One and PC.

MatureAllAurochs-size_restricted.gif

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If it's anything like how Sony has done their exclusives, it's going to be an EGS timed exclusive, making people wait even longer is they want a Steam version.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So it's... it's a... every bit of footage in between the text screens looked like they were from different games.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
MGS V's big theme, story wise, was language and how it shapes us.

This sounds like it might be about social media: everyone is cut off from everybody else, strong emphasis on loneliness etc...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Yep, being published by 505 Games. They usually deal with games going to EGS and like to do the one year exclusive (ugh). But I may cancel my LE pre-order and wait for the PC version. I know I want the PC version so I can get the best quality possible out of the game.

I guess my question is, do you think I should keep the CE as an actually collector's item and then pay $60 again for the EGS version in 6 to 8 months?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yep, being published by 505 Games. They usually deal with games going to EGS and like to do the one year exclusive (ugh). But I may cancel my LE pre-order and wait for the PC version. I know I want the PC version so I can get the best quality possible out of the game.

I guess my question is, do you think I should keep the CE as an actually collector's item and then pay $60 again for the EGS version in 6 to 8 months?

You could always play it twice? :)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Looks like reviews on this are running the spectrum. Mainstream audience is probably going to hate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad