Player Discussion David Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This isn't just one player for one game, hes been giving Chytil next to no ice time as well.
I dont get why so many people are fine with Quinn doing this but when Av did it with Buch we were all up in arms
Not entirely the same though. AV used it as punishment, Quinn isn't.

There is an actual difference here.

Not to say it's right, but playing on the fourth line isn't automatically "wrong" or "detrimental to his development." Not to say that I don't want to see them playing higher up in the lineup either.

No, Quinn isn't similar to AV here. Sorry.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This isn't just one player for one game, hes been giving Chytil next to no ice time as well.
I dont get why so many people are fine with Quinn doing this but when Av did it with Buch we were all up in arms

The way I see it, most people weren’t rational about AV to begin with and are coming home to rationality now.

Though, I never had a problem with how AV handled Buchnevich.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Not to say it's right, but playing on the fourth line isn't automatically "wrong" or "detrimental to his development." Not to say that I don't want to see them playing higher up in the lineup either.

I don’t know why more people cant see the difference.

Reactions: NY Lito

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The way I see it, most people weren’t rational about AV to begin with and are coming home to rationality now.

Though, I never had a problem with how AV handled Buchnevich.

You can think whatever, and you are entitled to that, but it’s pretty clear that although looking similar the difference is clear.

Reactions: NY Lito

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Didn't know what to think of Quinn hire but am fast becoming a fan. Mind you if I had 2 mins with him and was allowed to ask only 1 question I'd ask him what's the deal with Chytil is. There has to be a method to his madness.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Didn't know what to think of Quinn hire but am fast becoming a fan. Mind you if I had 2 mins with him and was allowed to ask only 1 question I'd ask him what's the deal with Chytil is. There has to be a method to his madness.
Rightly or wrongly, he has a reason and a method. He also makes it very clear to his players what he demands. I was skeptical at first, but admit to being a convert.

Reactions: TheTakedown

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

giphy.gif

Buch and others were benched for stretches but didn't get better under AV.

A bunch of players have been benched by Quinn and nearly everyone of them has played better.

AV shuffled lines like he was using an online generator. No significant performance improvement.

Quinn had been shuffling lines like he was using an online generator. Performance is visibly improving.

There must be a difference somewhere with Quinn embedded in there.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
giphy.gif

Buch and others were benched for stretches but didn't get better under AV.

A bunch of players have been benched by Quinn and nearly everyone of them has played better.

AV shuffled lines like he was using an online generator. No significant performance improvement.

Quinn had been shuffling lines like he was using an online generator. Performance is visibly improving.

There must be a difference somewhere with Quinn embedded in there.

Players performed when AV came in. Towards the end of his tenure they tuned out.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

If playing a player less then 10 minutes a game consistently isn't punishment, then what is?

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
How many of those were under 10 minutes though? AV generally played his lines pretty evenly at even strength while he was here
I don't know the exact times Buch played under 10 minuets but his average toi last year was 15:01, while Chytil's rn is 12:05. Of course there is still the rest of the season for Quinn/Chytil to figure this situation out and I really hope they do

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Okay, so here's my gripe with Lindy and Quinn on how they're having the 2 on 1s handled.

For whatever reason, maybe it's just continued stupidity by the defenders, but I for one cannot understand why they insist on pressing the puck carrier and not taking away the passing lane.

This is 101 shit guys. 101 shit. You lost a bunch of games this year because of this.

2X in the Detroit game. 2X.

When I saw Hank bang his stick, I knew it was about this. This is basic dumb f***ing 101 shit.

These guys are defending like how Lindy had Dallas defend before he was fired there.

This is fixable.

Get back to f***ing basics boys, mistakes like these are not easy to watch.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know the exact times Buch played under 10 minuets but his average toi last year was 15:01, while Chytil's rn is 12:05. Of course there is still the rest of the season for Quinn/Chytil to figure this situation out and I really hope they do
I think it’ll be more annoying to me if they trade a few players and he’s still not playing a lot

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
I think it’ll be more annoying to me if they trade a few players and he’s still not playing a lot
That's fair, I just feel if they aren't going to give him consistent minutes here then they should send him to Hartford until spots open up as we make trades

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The only expectation I had heading into this season was the players busting their asses for each other. Quinn certainly has them doing that. Building an "All for One and One for All" mentality can go a long way and so far it looks like that is happening. After our start I thought we'd at no point in this season have a positive record and yet here we are.

I'll reserve judgement on how he's handling offense and defense systemically until at least next season.

Very happy so far.

Reactions: haveandare

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Players performed when AV came in. Towards the end of his tenure they tuned out.
To me, the same players who were already performing continued to perform at or lower than their previous level of performance. I can't think of a single player who improved due to AV.

Even the ones who showed slight improvement year to year like JT openly criticized AV and never seemed to get significantly better. I will always maintain AV and AV alone inherited a cup ready team and he coached it poorly enough to cost us a cup.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
What's up?

Because this comment is asinine. This team is not a team built for Quennville. Moreover, if you're so frustrated with Chytil, as has been argued numerous times, this issue is severely overblown.

Quinn has done a good job getting more from this team than many thought they were capable of. He deserves, at the very least, a full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad