Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
With the exception of McLeod, Quinn is everything ivI' wanted in a coach
What do you mean?
And our top talented prospects are not exactly playing great who are also highly skilled players like Lias & Chytil? :)

If you think about fighting spirit and toughness sure - he is a great coach and kind of remind me of Torts.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What do you mean?
And our top talented prospects are not exactly playing great who are also highly skilled players like Lias & Chytil? :)
I don't think mcleod should be playing at all.

He's been halfway decent which helps his argument, but his history tells us he's a detriment not a help.

I get the arguments pro McLeod, wspecially being a young team...I disagree with them is all.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes true and I agree with you Mcleod has still 0 pts after 10 games. Quinn is good at communication and talk to his players which is great, but I`m little concerned that our skilled players struggle in his system, and bench young players this early in the season or send them to the 4th line with MCcleod is not always good for young player progression or development and that`s my view on it right now.

- Chytil and Lias need to play with our best talented players and in NHL standard is also kind of limited since we have no elite or star players at the moment.

Kevin Shattenkirk is also a highly skilled defender, but he is struggling too. Altohugh I don`t blame all on the coach, but it`s a common pattern here that skilled players do not automatically fit in his current style & system.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes true and I agree with you Mcleod has still 0 pts after 10 games. Quinn is good at communication and talk to his players which is great, but I`m little concerned that our skilled players struggle in his system, and bench young players this early in the season or send them to the 4th line with MCcleod is not always good for young player progression or development and that`s my view on it right now.
How much offensive production did you expect fromMcleod?

Benching a player for not playing the way the coaching staff demands is what should be the lay of the land. Otherwise, what they have is entitlement.

As for playing on the 4th line, who do you want to put into a 6-7 minute a night role? At a minimum, McLeod is visible with what little time he gets, considering the amount of time he plays. Believe it or not, Quinn sees a role on this team for him. He wants (I think) someone like him here for the yoots' sake.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
McLeod is averaging 7 minutes a game for the games he actually suits up for. Therefore I conclude that the constant obsession with him is overblown. If the coach sees some value there I will defer to Quinn for now.

Lettieri is averaging almost 10 minutes a game for the games he actually suits up for and similarly has no points at all. I think that is a bigger issue. I'm not sure how much value McLeod brings in the current game but I see some. I see almost no value to Lettieri if he has no points at all.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
How much offensive production did you expect fromMcleod?

Benching a player for not playing the way the coaching staff demands is what should be the lay of the land. Otherwise, what they have is entitlement.

As for playing on the 4th line, who do you want to put into a 6-7 minute a night role? At a minimum, McLeod is visible with what little time he gets, considering the amount of time he plays. Believe it or not, Quinn sees a role on this team for him. He wants (I think) someone like him here for the yoots' sake.

My brief point is he need to be more patience especially with young prospects in their first NHL season.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
McLeod is fine. He isn't robbing anyone else of minutes and he has played his role well this year. I don't think I've gotten made at him once this year so far. Quinn isn't over-using him. I didn't really want to bring him back but so far this year I can't complain.

The benchings of other players were generally well-deserved and have nothing to do with McLeod.

Reactions: egelband

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
McLeod is fine. He isn't robbing anyone else of minutes and he has played his role well this year. I don't think I've gotten made at him once this year so far. Quinn isn't over-using him. I didn't really want to bring him back but so far this year I can't complain.

The benchings of other players were generally well-deserved and have nothing to do with McLeod.

In his Ranger career he has been on the ice for 2 goals scored and 18 against (0 and 5 this year). How is that fine? When he's on the ice teams are scoring against them at a higher rate than the best lines in the league score at.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So how has he done compared to Jim Montgomery? I see the Stars are a bit better but I don't know how good the Stars roster is. Is it true that Montgomery was Gorton's first choice?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So how has he done compared to Jim Montgomery? I see the Stars are a bit better but I don't know how good the Stars roster is. Is it true that Montgomery was Gorton's first choice?

Just by glancing at the rosters...

DAL F >= NYR F - Only because their top end is better than the Rangers. It's otherwise a wash.

DAL D >> NYR D - AINEC. Polak hurts, but the Rangers have like...3 Polaks

DAL G < NYR G

Haven't watched them too much to really tell what Monty is doing with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
His face after Pionk scored that goal was priceless!

giphy.gif

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
DAL D >> NYR D - AINEC. Polak hurts, but the Rangers have like...3 Polaks

Gonna have to disagree here.

Klingberg >> Shattenkirk
Lindell < Skjei
Heiskanen <= DeAngelo (right now)
Methot <= Smith
Honka > Pionk
Polak = Staal
Carrick >= Claesson

I'd say that DAL D is at most >= NYR D right now and that's all on the back of Klingberg. Though if you weigh them by TOI Dallas comes out further ahead due to the amount of minutes played by Staal-Pionk.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah. It's either "How dare he not dress Brian Leetch reincarnated?" or "He simply does not like him and is being so unfair to him. So very, very unfair".

It will be even funnier in 2020 when some other prospect shows up as part of a cap dump and ADA is no longer new, so the fan fiction finds a way for ADA to be expendable while the new throw in former 2nd round pick from 2019 [who TSN Bob McKenzie had rated as #2 overall Antartic player], Smorgus Borgenstein , is being kept down by the man when his expected assists per 60 is 3.0*10^8

Reactions: GodlyRangers

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
HFBoard Rangers: where a 22 year old on an entry level contract is a cap dump.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The Internet: Why read something, when you can respond?

——————

Stepan...was the cap dump.

[Price is Right Horn]

“... another prospect shows up AS PART of a cap dump”

Stepan being a cap dump is an even more idiotic concept than ADA being a cap dump. Stepan is a 1st line center.

Cap casualty, maybe?

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad