Player Discussion David Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Seems like we have a lot of Buch apologists/fanboys on this board. It’s clear as day he’s not engaged far too often.

People complaining about Quinn want to do just that: complain. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been good? Yes. I’m not even all too bothered by what’s going on with Chytil. People are getting way too worked up.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Seems like we have a lot of Buch apologists/fanboys on this board. It’s clear as day he’s not engaged far too often.

People complaining about Quinn want to do just that: complain. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been good? Yes. I’m not even all too bothered by what’s going on with Chytil. People are getting way too worked up.

So, because fans aren't happy with a multitude of his roster decisions, they're Buch fan boys?

It's possible for someone to have an opinion that doesn't line up with yours. I don't like Quinn. You might. Who cares? That's why we have opinions. And it's just that, an opinion.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Yeah. Honestly it's been like a dozen games and I think I like him more than torts...and I loved torts.

I loved Tortorella when he first came to the team. He was the last coach here that I really enjoyed having on the team. Unfortunately, Torts has a shelf life on every team he goes to, and his ran out here.

Reactions: NY Lito

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

God this is annoying. The only player I'm a 'fanboy' of is Lundqvist. Just because I think Quinn might be mishandling Buch doesn't mean I'm 'complaining.' I'm just adding to the discussion my observations, positive and negative, which is far more than you're doing by simply attacking those of us who don't fall in your line with your version of events.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
So, because fans aren't happy with a multitude of his roster decisions, they're Buch fan boys?

It's possible for someone to have an opinion that doesn't line up with yours. I don't like Quinn. You might. Who cares? That's why we have opinions. And it's just that, an opinion.
They’re fanboys because they refuse to admit what everyone else sees: Buch doesn’t put in the effort a concerning amount of the time. They’re just mad he gets scratched or benched without admitting there’s a reason for it other than “Quinn sucks”.

And yeah my opinions an opinion. An opinion with actual thought behind it. You can’t argue there’s a culture of just pissing and moaning on here (and the internet in general). Quinn could be 12-1 right now and some would still be nitpicking about someone’s TOI or PP time.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
God this is annoying. The only player I'm a 'fanboy' of is Lundqvist. Just because I think Quinn might be mishandling Buch doesn't mean I'm 'complaining.' I'm just adding to the discussion my observations, positive and negative, which is far more than you're doing by simply attacking those of us who don't fall in your line with your version of events.

Attack lol.

Anyway the only person mishandling Buch is Buch. No one else’s fault but his for his “treatment.” Play hard or sit. By hard I’m not saying throwing the body and chucking knucks, I’m saying be engaged. Do some dirty work, don’t just glide around half the time.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Attack lol.

Anyway the only person mishandling Buch is Buch. No one else’s fault but his for his “treatment.” Play hard or sit. By hard I’m not saying throwing the body and chucking knucks, I’m saying be engaged. Do some dirty work, don’t just glide around half the time.

Great, agree to disagree. Next time you can try and just post this response instead of the garbage above about fanboys. It's more relevant and actually adds to the discussion.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

Meh, people are always going to complain when they see something they don't like or something they think doesn't work. Or more commonly they'll complain if that action is repeated or becomes the norm.

Some of the complaints are stupid but so I guess so is complaining about people complaining; it is a message board, after all.

As for the Buch/Chytil/ADA/etc., discussions, you can't really lump them all together. Some of it is fanboy-ism (He's my favorite prospect! He's an American/European! He isn't an American/European! I really like how he expresses himself on twitter!), some of it is the desire for the best players to play (a desire which is somehow rare in sports despite being the standard in literally every other possible industry, personally I'd rather the surgeon who is least likely to accidentally kill me or the car mechanic least likely to screw up my car over a replacement who always volunteers to work weekends and never comes in late) and some of it is just a concern about asset management. The level of stupid tends to vary by argument and poster.

At the end of the day coaches and goalies are always targets because they are easy targets, but really no one is really safe from getting grief. The Captain himself was regularly skewered on here during his second stint. It wasn't pretty.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Great, agree to disagree. Next time you can try and just post this response instead of the garbage above about fanboys. It's more relevant and actually adds to the discussion.
Sick dude thanks for teaching me how to post on an Internet forum.

And agree to disagree? So you’re fine with someone just giving 60% effort on the ice? Or do you actually think Buch is giving 100% out there and buying into what the teams trying to do?

Please tell me it’s the latter, I need a good laugh.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Meh, people are always going to complain when they see something they don't like or something they think doesn't work. Or more commonly they'll complain if that action is repeated or becomes the norm.

Some of the complaints are stupid but so I guess so is complaining about people complaining; it is a message board, after all.

As for the Buch/Chytil/ADA/etc., discussions, you can't really lump them all together. Some of it is fanboy-ism (He's my favorite prospect! He's an American/European! He isn't an American/European! I really like how he expresses himself on twitter!), some of it is the desire for the best players to play (a desire which is somehow rare in sports despite being the standard in literally every other possible industry, personally I'd rather the surgeon who is least likely to accidentally kill me or the car mechanic least likely to screw up my car over a replacement who always volunteers to work weekends and never comes in late) and some of it is just a concern about asset management. The level of stupid tends to vary by argument and poster.

At the end of the day coaches and goalies are always targets because they are easy targets, but really no one is really safe from getting grief. The Captain himself was regularly skewered on here during his second stint. It wasn't pretty.

But it's not the standard in literally every other possible industry. Every single industry is based off politics, loyalties, etc. It really is no different.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Why is Quinn “****ing” with Buch if there isn’t the AV Russian Bias?

Your response just sounds like someone who knows there is a Russian bias , yet wants to keep it under wraps.

LOL. You’re misunderstood, man. No conspiracy theories here. Calm down. Sounds as though you’re the paranoid one treating me as though I haven’t watched hockey my entire life and I’m out to “Fanboy my MF’n *** off.”

I think Quinn is a great coach so far. We have a lot of Russian kids coming here in the future and I think that they’ll get on fine. I’m no ‘fanboy’of Buch, I’m, again, rooting for our youngin’s to succeed as it will help this team immensely in the future. Especially the ones who have been hanging on the ice with men for their entire adult hockey lives.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If I had any skills I'd make a gif of Quinn's head on the hulk and him tossing around Buch and Deangelo.

Maybe just a split-screen of Quinn and Hulk. We'll settle for that. We're not picky.

hulk.jpg

Quinn watching Buch at practice:
Incredible-Hulk-David-Banner-TV-Series-Bixby-Ferrigno-2-o.jpg

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I think what this thread is lacking is a fresh take, like lamenting Chytil playing on the 4th line with McLeod.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think a lot of us expected to see the kids play a ton of minutes immediately, instead of being benched or see a limited amount of ice time.

I’m a bit frustrated by some of the decisions Quinn has made, but in the grand scheme of things I think I what we’re seeing is a coach hold players accountable. We haven’t seen that since Torts, imo.

I think Quinn is also the first coach since Renney who actually puts some type of emphasis on developing players.

I like him so far. When AV was brought here, he had a good team. Quinn has moved into a massive fixer upper. Gotta be patient I guess.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
LOL. You’re misunderstood, man. No conspiracy theories here. Calm down. Sounds as though you’re the paranoid one treating me as though I haven’t watched hockey my entire life and I’m out to “Fanboy my MF’n *** off.”

I think Quinn is a great coach so far. We have a lot of Russian kids coming here in the future and I think that they’ll get on fine. I’m no ‘fanboy’of Buch, I’m, again, rooting for our youngin’s to succeed as it will help this team immensely in the future. Especially the ones who have been hanging on the ice with men for their entire adult hockey lives.

Again, who is paying you hush money on this Russian bias?

How deep does this go?

How many 3rd to 7th rounders must be ruined until the lid is blown off this damn thing?!?

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Again, who is paying you hush money on this Russian bias?

How deep does this go?

How many 3rd to 7th rounders must be ruined until the lid is blown off this damn thing?!?

Ok, well now that’s just funny.

For the record: German/Italian, I think all Russians automatically hate me, not the other way around .

:laugh:

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
But it's not the standard in literally every other possible industry. Every single industry is based off politics, loyalties, etc. It really is no different.

Well I was speaking from a consumer standpoint.

Customers don’t walk into a barbershop and think “I know this guy can only give people mullets but I really love his gumption and the way he hustles around the store, he’s my guy.”

Or better yet if you were at a concert and said “This drummer is good but I hope they at least temporarily replace him with <worse drummer> because he never practices and I’m worried about the effect that will have not just on the band but also potential future musicians... in my opinion he shouldn’t perform until he’s prepared to be the best drummer he could possibly be” people would look at you awkwardly and then laugh until their heads exploded.

But make that statement about hockey and say it at a Ranger game and you’re probably going to see exploding heads replaced with nodding heads. Laughable commentary is transformed into sage advice simply because that’s how we consume hockey, with some weird connection to players work ethic. The how it gets done is just as important as the if it gets done.

I find myself thinking that way all the time. It’s ingrained in me. But as I get older I get a kick out of the absurdity of the whole thing.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Frustrated by some of the playing time decisions, specifically with Buch, Chytil, and McLeod. However I’m pretty happy with Quinn’s style. The boys are playing hard every night and some of the tactical changes defensively have worked well. Still, if he sits Buch again, I’m taking a night off. I haven’t noticed laziness, just him trying to figure out his game.

Reactions: Rangers743

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One of the things that really needs to be remembered in some of Quinn's decisions is that (I believe) not all are performance based. Some are about the installation of a culture and a new team identity. It is not just about who is dressed and who is not. It is about setting expectations for how the players are to conduct themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad