Confirmed with Link: Dave Tippett Out as Head Coach (now official)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've never expected everyone to be as rah rah anti Tippett or even anti Tippett at all among other fan collections. But it's going to be interesting to keep track of the reaction to this + the other moves. The amount of boosting FSAZ does alone can cause problems. Here (well obviously) and Reddit are mostly happy. FFH seems mixed. But almost all the social media or comment sections elsewhere are about to mutiny :laugh:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
At least if this is the way the Coyotes end, it is with a bang, not a whimper.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
qSWVdnN.gif

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
This is probably the best "two weeks" the Coyotes have had since the big playoff run. At least I cannot remember the last time I felt this optimistic and excited about the team since then. It is like every other day just keeps getting better. I am back in the fold, take my money!

Amen!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I've never expected everyone to be as rah rah anti Tippett or even anti Tippett at all among other fan collections. But it's going to be interesting to keep track of the reaction to this + the other moves. The amount of boosting FSAZ does alone can cause problems. Here (well obviously) and Reddit are mostly happy. FFH seems mixed. But almost all the social media or comment sections elsewhere are about to mutiny :laugh:

Casuals gonna be casual. Same guys yelling Yandle sucks every game.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I've read on here how Turris pouted, Turris cried...wah wah wah.
The reason Turris wanted out was Tippett. It was Turris's third season here after he played in the AHL - I had no issues with that. I don't think Turris did either.

But he played over half of the third season on the fourth line with Biznasty as his wingman at times. He was stapled to the bench in the third periods of the games over Belanger and Vern Fiddler. Even Tippett commented on how he needed to play Turris more.
Unfortunately, Tippett loves defensive hard working underdog third and fourth line guys. Skill guys not so much.

Turris was our best player in the playoff series against Detroit cause he was given a bigger role.

Tippett had everyone believing that Turris couldn't play because he was a defensive liability. And was treated as such.
I don't blame the kid for wanting out of here. In hindsight, he was very smart. He got away from Tippett. And Wow he's been very successful. I would love to have him here.

Say what you wish - but I never saw Turris not give it his all out on the ice. He was a better player than how he was treated.

When the season was over, he knew his best career move was to escape and he did. And he is a better player than nearly most of our current roster.

Doan hated Turris. The whole team did. I still do. That said, Tip created the situation by not playing him when he was one of our better players.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

What a ****ing loser. I swear, they're all in the same conspiracy together to worship the status quo and shallow analysis. The biggest battle Barroway may end up fighting is with the morons of the valley who can't see what he's doing.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I cannot express my thoughts in words...

:clap: :hockey: :highclap: :lol: :yo: :jump: :razz: :banana: :hyper: :wave: :party: :pickle: :pcheer: :m-dance: :vhappy: :dumbo: :dd: :devdance: :cheer: :dm: :walrus: :clap:

Here's to hoping that Tipp finds a new gig and we don't have to pay him whatever buyout is in place. Of course, I figure he probably gets some of it anyway, even with a new position.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Chayka was just anointed god emperor my dude, I think he's thrilled

You got that right. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow now with no Tip there to influence Chayka on any decisions. Barroway just pretty much gave him the keys to the car.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
what a ****ing loser. I swear, they're all in the same conspiracy together to worship the status quo and shallow analysis. The biggest battle barroway may end up fighting is with the morons of the valley who can't see what he's doing.

<3 <3 <3

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
What a ****ing loser. I swear, they're all in the same conspiracy together to worship the status quo and shallow analysis. The biggest battle Barroway may end up fighting is with the morons of the valley who can't see what he's doing.

Yeah; The media needs to have an open mind right now. The negative PR they are spouting could lead to them leaving. We're not exactly solid here yet, it's a sensitive stage in the process of keeping them in Arizona if that is indeed Barroway's plan still. Bashing choices made by ownership does not help the team in anyway. I expect this kind of crap outside media, not local.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
We still don't know what Barroway's end game is though, if this is all in preparation for relocation then a lot of people are not going to be happy about it. I understand you don't really care but a lot of people do.

Yeah; The media needs to have an open mind right now. The negative PR they are spouting could lead to them leaving. We're not exactly solid here yet, it's a sensitive stage in the process of keeping them in Arizona if that is indeed Barroway's plan still. Bashing choices made by ownership does not help the team in anyway. I expect this kind of crap outside media, not local.
That's the rub, no one really knows yet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We still don't know what Barroway's end game is though, if this is all in preparation for relocation then a lot of people are not going to be happy about it. I understand you don't really care but a lot of people do.

For everyone now to turn tail and run is, to me, proof that they weren't fans of the team, but part of the cult of personality that revolved around guys like Tippett and Doan.

This is what accountability and a professionally run franchise looks like. People are forgiven if it appears alien to them, for it has not been seen around these parts for quite some time. The days of IA being hands-off enabling ****sticks who do nothing but ruin local relationships are over. Barroway wears the pants with pride.

I am already a fan, even if he flips the team, because he called ******** on this whole charade. I can only imagine what Tippett advocated for behind the scenes. Dylan Strome should send him a signed puck.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario

Actions speak louder than words and the negative media could lead to not getting a new arena which would eventually lead to relocation. That's why I say they need to keep an open mind. Let them work; critisize them later. At least let the season start, a lot will happen this offseason.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

As I said yesterday I'm still worried about that stuff. But now that it's out there and a known possibility I've once against returned to default dead inside state and will just enjoy the last 12 months I have of this team if that in fact ends up being the case.

12 months of Coyotes 3.0 is better than what I thought I was gonna get.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The "outrage" of casual fans who don't know **** is hilarious. "Wait a name I recognize is gone? And there aren't replacement names I recognize?!?!? This is TERRIBLE!!!"

LOL. This is pretty much exactly what I've been thinking since news of the Smitty trade broke. It is one of the most frustrating, but hilarious things I've ever seen.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
For everyone now to turn tail and run is, to me, proof that they weren't fans of the team, but part of the cult of personality that revolved around guys like Tippett and Doan.

This is what accountability and a professionally run franchise looks like. People are forgiven if it appears alien to them, for it has not been seen around these parts for quite some time. The days of IA being hands-off enabling ****sticks who do nothing but ruin local relationships are over. Barroway wears the pants with pride.

I am already a fan, even if he flips the team, because he called ******** on this whole charade. I can only imagine what Tippett advocated for behind the scenes. Dylan Strome should send him a signed puck.
Turn tail and run, I'm not sure what you're even talking about?

Anyway, like I said it's already well known you don't care if the team leaves but there are a lot of Coyote fans who really don't want that.

Actions speak louder than words and the negative media could lead to not getting a new arena which would eventually lead to relocation. That's why I say they need to keep an open mind. Let them work; critisize them later. At least let the season start, a lot will happen this offseason.
But that doesn't really matter if Barroway is already planning his exit.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyway, like I said it's already well known you don't care if the team leaves but there are a lot of Coyote fans who really don't want that.

I think it's funny you're wallowing in the misery and realization that the team could be gone only now. Nothing has changed except some under-performers getting kicked to the curb.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As I said yesterday I'm still worried about that stuff. But now that it's out there and a known possibility I've once against returned to default dead inside state and will just enjoy the last 12 months I have of this team if that in fact ends up being the case.

12 months of Coyotes 3.0 is better than what I thought I was gonna get.
I'm hoping there will be something to give me a reason to think Barroway isn't preparing the house for sale.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Anyone who watched this team closely the past 5 years knew this change was necessary.

Don Maloney might be enjoying a glass of Crown Royal tonight......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad