Confirmed with Link: Dave Tippett Out as Head Coach (now official)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I would be a big supporter of Bob Hartley. Yes, he has a 3 year shelf life, but he knows to get young players to perform and has experienced a lot of success with young teams.

Flames fan here...

If you guys added Hartley he would help OEL develop into an elite two-way player. Not that OEL isn't already good, but Hartley is great for developing already good defensemen. What he did for Brodie and Giordano was amazing, not just offensively but defensively he broke them down to perfect fundamentals, something B. Sutter, Keanan, Playfair hadn't done before him.

His on-ice system isn't exactly modern though. I think he'd make more sense for a team that can already play a possession game.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Thought you were moving on to Vegas? Change of heart?

Nowhere to go but up from here

This reels me back in a bit. Makes the Doan move make a lot more sense. I still think they should've handled that differently, but now when the plan is to move on to the future we actually can do that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm gonna have so much fun listening to to all the 98.7 guys bash the organization again tomorrow.

The "outrage" of casual fans who don't know **** is hilarious. "Wait a name I recognize is gone? And there aren't replacement names I recognize?!?!? This is TERRIBLE!!!"

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
I was the first to champion Tippet's firing around here. My loathing goes back to his treatment of Turris. I also lobbied for the hire of Laviolette and was laughed at by some of the veterans around here. Oh well, not that I'm unaccustomed to such injustice.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Never thought this would happen after the absurd Tippett extension and coup d'etat last summer.

Really happy. Even if the team doesn't get the perfect next head coach it's still a move forward for the franchise overall.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I was the first to champion Tippet's firing around here. My loathing goes back to his treatment of Turris. I also lobbied for the hire of Laviolette and was laughed at by some of the veterans around here. Oh well, not that I'm unaccustomed to such injustice.

congrats bro, did u pat yourself on the back yet?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Someone please tell me how Doan should have been handled. He had a face to face meeting, nothing by the team was said until the word was leaked to the press, most likely Doan to Gambadingdong. Doan wasn't hung out to dry.

I suspect that Tippett was infuriated because he knew that there was no way to win without Smith, and Doan was his guy in the locker room to steer the players in the direction which Tip wanted.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
hqdefault.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Someone please tell me how Doan should have been handled. He had a face to face meeting, nothing by the team was said until the word was leaked to the press, most likely Doan to Gambadingdong. Doan wasn't hung out to dry.

I suspect that Tippett was infuriated because he knew that there was no way to win without Smith, and Doan was his guy in the locker room to steer the players in the direction which Tip wanted.
I've gone on at great length in the Doan thread, I don't want to drag it into here. This is a happy thread about the organization finally moving on from our 4 years stale head coach.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Never thought this would happen after the absurd Tippett extension and coup d'etat last summer.

If you want a good laugh re-read the reactions to that in the thread and watch the youtube of their dog and pony show press conference last season.

Then combine it in your head with Coyotes 2.0 :biglaugh:

That's why I made that the theme of the final GDT.

Some vlogger

I only watched a couple minutes cause he talks too slow but he has a better take than 80% of twitter at least :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

martyr much? Turris was a pouting turd. He didn't play well enough in his rookie year and clearly needed a year of development in the A.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Yeah, I wish it had gone down differently. I didn't like the press release. BUT it seems entirely possible, even likely that they were working on some nice tribute and more appropriate send off when the news broke.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I wonder where Barroway's killing spree ends. What if he doesn't know how to stop, ends up firing Chayka and them himself? :sarcasm:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I wonder where Barroway's killing spree ends. What if he doesn't know how to stop, ends up firing Chayka and them himself? :sarcasm:

It would still be a price worth paying.
Godspeed, Andrew Barroway. Godspeed.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Damn I'm away from the internet for a few hours and miss #2 on my personal wish list. #1 was to win the Powerball Lottery so I could buy the team and fire Tippett.

Thank you Mr. Barroway!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad