Confirmed with Link: Dave Tippett Out as Head Coach (now official)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Roc had a total meltdown tonight. Can't even copy half his tweets here, the filters couldn't handle it.. :laugh:

"Move the team now Barroway, we will get an expansion team!"

Yeah, because why struggle to find owners for the Coyotes for $250 mil in the desert when you can pay twice as much.

There isn't a single local personality worth a damn to ride out against this nonsense

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Roc had a total meltdown tonight. Can't even copy half his tweets here, the filters couldn't handle it.. :laugh:
Just read some of those tweets.. does that guy even watch hockey? I also had a laugh at one mentioning how hockey growth in AZ will take a hit because of this. What the ****? :biglaugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm hoping there will be something to give me a reason to think Barroway isn't preparing the house for sale.

Some things have to happen to calm the fanbase down in general.

1. Decent Head Coach - Can't be someone from left field. Most of the up and coming names would fit the bill and even the retreads I'm not interested in. If they strike out like on that famous AGM search I'll gladly join the twitter meltdown :laugh:

2. Sign/Trade for a goalie - Obviously this has to happen either way but I think things will calm down a bit when they can put some faces into the blank spots right now.

3. Chayka has to have a good draft day. Whether it's just making the picks, getting a fair non-crazy name attached to it deal for Stepan, or some other move. It's too bad I'm working or I'd go to the draft party just to catch the mood of the place :laugh:

Just read some of those tweets.. does that guy even watch hockey? I also had a laugh at one mentioning how hockey growth in AZ will take a hit because of this. What the ****? :biglaugh:

My take on him was that he just sort of latched on to the cause back in the early ownership days because he likes a plucky underdog story. The station he was on at the time had also recently lost the Coyotes in favor of the bigger station. It's like a radio rivalry expanded out onto sports franchises :laugh: His show used to run promos about how "we cover the team more than the flagship". Which in fairness was true but still kinda sad when you're on the 3rd banana radio station.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Roc's always been a huge Yotes fan. One of the few radio personalities in AZ who truly has been. But I think right now the "fan" in him is just too much in charge.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think it's funny you're wallowing in the misery and realization that the team could be gone only now. Nothing has changed except some under-performers getting kicked to the curb.
Whatever makes you feel bigger inside.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Whatever makes you feel bigger inside.

It's your personal crisis. Help me to understand.

Everyone was gung-ho about their chances to stay before the firings. A guy comes in and tries to imprint his vision on the team and you suddenly think that's a sign he's going to move the team. Doan and Smith are nothing in a transaction. Dave Tippett is nothing. This was the 29th ranked team in the league last year, he can't tank it any harder.

You know what would make me a bit worried? If he did nothing. The path of least resistance here would be to do nothing and to carry on with the status quo. Say what you want about the validity of his moves so far - they weren't easy. At all. He didn't have to do any of this. Yet it's what the team needs to shake the funk and move forward with the rebuild.

This has been a great week.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The country club atmosphere extends to the media as well. The local media doesn't say one ****ing word negative about Tippett, Smith, or IceArizona but when Barroway brings the change needed these idiots flip out. Wish we could dump Roc and Morgan for future considerations.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Some things have to happen to calm the fanbase down in general.

1. Decent Head Coach - Can't be someone from left field. Most of the up and coming names would fit the bill and even the retreads I'm not interested in. If they strike out like on that famous AGM search I'll gladly join the twitter meltdown :laugh:

2. Sign/Trade for a goalie - Obviously this has to happen either way but I think things will calm down a bit when they can put some faces into the blank spots right now.

3. Chayka has to have a good draft day. Whether it's just making the picks, getting a fair non-crazy name attached to it deal for Stepan, or some other move. It's too bad I'm working or I'd go to the draft party just to catch the mood of the place :laugh:

Trading for Stepan would certainly give indication that Barroway isn't just trying to run things on the cheap. The other options though probably wouldn't matter much, the team has to have a coach and has to have a goalie but you can still do that while spending near the minimum. Unless Barroway spends some coin I don't think it's going to alleviate anyone's fears. It's a pretty tough situation really because you don't want them to do something stupid either. In fact you could argue running things on the cheap for another year is even the smart move but it's hard to get behind it when you don't know the motive.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It's your personal crisis. Help me to understand.

Everyone was gung-ho about their chances to stay before the firings. A guy comes in and tries to imprint his vision on the team and you suddenly think that's a sign he's going to move the team. Doan and Smith are nothing in a transaction. Dave Tippett is nothing. This was the 29th ranked team in the league last year, he can't tank it any harder.

You know what would make me a bit worried? If he did nothing. The path of least resistance here would be to do nothing and to carry on with the status quo. Say what you want about the validity of his moves so far - they weren't easy. At all. He didn't have to do any of this. Yet it's what the team needs to shake the funk and move forward with the rebuild.

This has been a great week.
You don't understand and nothing good will come out of me trying to explain it to you. You feel happy so you should just enjoy that feeling.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

Suddenly he's critical of the team?

The team said that they aren't looking to fill the position of president of hockey ops. We haven't had a 1C in like 15 years, it was 'leaked' that OEL is gonna be captain, and personally I'm happy with Chayka handling the half the role of CEO. Maybe Craig is upset that he doesn't have any 'insiders' to give him info anymore.:laugh:

We spent the week cleaning house, and judging by Jake Barroway's Twitter this weekend is going to be a busy one.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

I didn't think it would be possible to get rid of Tippet for so little, thought we would be stuck with him for at least a couple years. I'm amazed at what Barroway has done so far.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I didn't think it would be possible to get rid of Tippet for so little, thought we would be stuck with him for at least a couple years. I'm amazed at what Barroway has done so far.

Already saved the franchise 17 million and yet people swear he's automatically moving the team. :laugh:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Kind of surprised Tippet didn't force his hand but I suppose Tippet does seem like the type of person that's not overly motivated by money (well...as far as millionaires go). Not to mention he'll likely get another head coaching gig if he wants it.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Already saved the franchise 17 million and yet people swear he's automatically moving the team. :laugh:

Yeah but it's easier to move a team if they don't have a coach, a captain, or #1 goalie!! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Last edited:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
de69641583cff94ee292702f296543d9ab6c234c.gif

giphy.gif

JiJfZj.gif

giphy.gif

dg6oz.gif

1470309724_hillari-klinton-kandidat-v-prezidenty-ssha-1.gif

tumblr_mgnlm1fubQ1rj7w0jo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

lukegif.gif

Michael-Jackson-Classic.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-tumblr.gif

636335948915795531-barroway.jpg

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Is Craig mad that noone leaked the news to him early, or that he didn't get permission to print it?

Also a 3M buyout makes me wonder if Barroway threatened to drag it into arbitration on the whole "fired with cause" angle that was rumoured. Drag it out and take your chances with the arbiter and the press or just disappear with this check for $3M and go ride motorcycles, and I'll even say nice things on your way out the door.
Seems awfully odd to just agree to walk away from $17M without some sort of risk involved.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Also a 3M buyout makes me wonder if Barroway threatened to drag it into arbitration on the whole "fired with cause" angle that was rumoured. Drag it out and take your chances with the arbiter and the press or just disappear with this check for $3M and go ride motorcycles, and I'll even say nice things on your way out the door.
Seems awfully odd to just agree to walk away from $17M without some sort of risk involved.

Yeah it is strange, not complaining though! I would've thought at the very least he would've recieved this years salary+some of the next. With being fired this late he doesn't have a good chance at finding a job for this season. If Barroway said, we'll pay you this years salary, and some of the next it would be a decent deal for Tip. He could collect two coaching cheques next year, and could've ended up with more money than he would've had by staying with the team...

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All this media BS "oh they dont have a coach at the draft". I'm sorry, was Tipp coaching tomorrow night?

I was begrudgingly for this but when I hear that Tipp was against the Smith trade ... wtf, he is a 35 year old goalie! Let's make some changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->