Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
COME AT ME MODS

IMMA SAY WHATEVER THE **** I WANT UNTIL THIS ****ING USELESS SACK OF **** **** IS GONE

giphy.gif

HES GOT ME FIRED UP

I WANT HIS HEAD ON A SPIKE

Bet ya won't.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not to jump in on the bickering, but that's not all he said. He also said that Q would be hired before the roster freeze and then dropped the #GrittyHate at the end. Pretty clear to me.

Clear as mud.

Like I've said, no one can point to any hint that there has been any negotiations or other actions that would suggest a deal is imminent.
Vague suggestions by third parties (like anyone in Seattle would know what Q has decided?) don't measure up.
If the Flyers were negotiating with Q, do you think the current FO could keep it under wraps for long?

In this day and age, if something is happening, it'll soon hit the internet/twitterverse.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
No, what she said is management is interested in bringing on Q.

Get this every year in free agency, fans act as if the person getting hired/signed has no say in the matter.

8 years in St Louis, 3 in Colorado, 11 in Chicago.
St Louis is at least as attractive to him as Philadelphia, and he may feel he has unfinished business there.
The fact that Berube is the interim suggests he can have that job anytime he wants it.

Q would have zero interest in an interim position. Why would he?

I meant will it be Q or interim. Obviously he wouldn’t be interim

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If they could hire Keefe away, that might be the other alternative, but again, no smoke.

If you have to go with Gordon, Wilson or Knob, I think you write off the season and sell in late January.
Plus, if Elliott is seriously hurt, Stolarz/Lyon/Neuvirth ain't getting you to the playoffs with Q.
And the only viable upgrade is Howard (they want a 1st) and they're in the playoff race.

Anderson, Crawford aren't worth giving up any more than we gave for Mrazek.
Quick isn't worth picking up, period.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Clear as mud.

Like I've said, no one can point to any hint that there has been any negotiations or other actions that would suggest a deal is imminent.
Vague suggestions by third parties (like anyone in Seattle would know what Q has decided?) don't measure up.
If the Flyers were negotiating with Q, do you think the current FO could keep it under wraps for long?

In this day and age, if something is happening, it'll soon hit the internet/twitterverse.

I'm not saying that he's infallible, or that Q to Philly is 100% happening, but of course the NHL Seattle group could know what's going on. They have lists of both GMs and coaches that they desire and may or may not be available in the next year or two. You really think they aren't keeping track of potential candidates and their future availability? :huh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm not saying that he's infallible, or that Q to Philly is 100% happening, but of course the NHL Seattle group could know what's going on. They have lists of both GMs and coaches that they desire and may or may not be available in the next year or two. You really think they aren't keeping track of potential candidates and their future availability? :huh:

Little inklings are not near enough to convince me that Q would want to come here.

You know what makes me think he won't? Cause he lives in the Midwest. Caoches never uproot themselves for a job.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

But what do they know, other than Q probably made it clear he had no interest.
Q isn't going to tell them what he wants to do, and then hide it from the rest of the world. :oops:

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
But what do they know, other than Q probably made it clear he had no interest.
Q isn't going to tell them what he wants to do, and then hide it from the rest of the world. :oops:

Coaches don't publicly announce where they are going while their new team still has a coach. Either way, the Seattle group is under the impression he's going to Philly. Whether that impression is correct or not remains to be seen.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
No he doesn’t because it doesn’t fit his fictional narrative he has conjured up as reality.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad