Dave Hakstol Part VI: I See A Bad Coach And I Want Him Painted Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Deadhead believes not a single coach in the league is better. Whenever another coach is presented as superior, he insists that coach isn't better. The only possible conclusion is that he has Hakstol ranked at the top.

Entirely Hakstol. We've watched for years as goalie performances good enough to net a win anywhere else get pissed away by the Hakshell. They lose more games than they should because of horrific management.

Especially when you consider that he wore the goalies down to a nub with irresponsible usage.

1. You’re exaggerating.
2. You’re exaggerating.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And at this point I wouldn't be even 1% surprised if that pathetic c*** Hakstol was intentionally tanking and misusing the young guys because he knew he was getting fired.

Just look at the player usage since Hextall got fired... ****ing disgusting.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1. You’re exaggerating.
2. You’re exaggerating.

No, that's literally what he's done. He has been given numerous chances to list coaches that are superior and he can't think of a single one. When other coaches have been presented as superior, guys like Trotz, Q, Sullivan, Hitchcock, Julien, etc, he insists they are not superior.

No, I'm right.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nah, I'm just bored by one track Beef and refuse to take the bait.
Some people here are knowledgeable, Appleyard, Magua, others are just, well . . .

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Have we missed the boat on firing hak? He seemed to save his job on the western road trip earlier in the year and now that they've floundered again most of the better options are gone. It's pretty much in house options and i don't know if they can turn it around.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
No, that's literally what he's done. He has been given numerous chances to list coaches that are superior and he can't think of a single one. When other coaches have been presented as superior, guys like Trotz, Q, Sullivan, Hitchcock, Julien, etc, he insists they are not superior.

No, I'm right.

Never saw deadhead say Hak is the best coach in the league, which you’re insinuating.

And if you think goalies have nothing to do with the Flyers’ struggles, just Hak, well, there’s a reason I coined “Hakstol Derangement Syndrome.”

I hope he’s replaced. I’m in favor of Quenneville. But I don’t think Hakstol is everything that ails this team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Never saw deadhead say Hak is the best coach in the league, which you’re insinuating.

And if you think goalies have nothing to do with the Flyers’ struggles, just Hak, well, there’s a reason I coined “Hakstol Derangement Syndrome.”

I hope he’s replaced. I’m in favor of Quenneville. But I don’t think Hakstol is everything that ails this team.

DH doesn't believe a single coach in the league is better than Hakstol. There is only one possible conclusion here.

You're doing your garbage contrarian schtick. I'm not wasting my time. DH has been given every opportunity to show he believes otherwise and he hasn't. I never said goalies aren't a problem. Learn to read.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
DH doesn't believe a single coach in the league is better than Hakstol. There is only one possible conclusion here.

You're doing your garbage contrarian schtick. I'm not wasting my time. DH has been given every opportunity to show he believes otherwise and he hasn't. I never said goalies aren't a problem. Learn to read.
So it’s not “all Hakstol.” We agree. We also agree Hak should be replaced.

And he will be. But they better do it right.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Have we missed the boat on firing hak? He seemed to save his job on the western road trip earlier in the year and now that they've floundered again most of the better options are gone. It's pretty much in house options and i don't know if they can turn it around.

Read the last 2 pages lol

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
i'm all for hiring Quenneville but I'm not going to get excited.

We've been down this road many times where the Flyers make a big splash and it ends being nothing more than a turd dropping into the toilet.

The most realistic expectation is that Quennville has a nice run of three years before the situation burns out. And one time in that run the Flyers make it to the 2nd round or if lucky the conference finals. If they're lucky maybe another run similar to the Hitchcock era, but that would be a little overly optimistic.

i'm not panning Quennville or saying "don't hire him", I just wouldn't start thinking he's some great panacea for all the problems in the organization.

As I've mentioned many times, in the end nothing ever works out for the flyers. Ten years ago, I was at the point with the Eagles where I said "F them, they are never going to win anything". I'm at this point with the Flyers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
i'm all for hiring Quenneville but I'm not going to get excited.

We've been down this road many times where the Flyers make a big splash and it ends being nothing more than a turd dropping into the toilet.

The most realistic expectation is that Quennville has a nice run of three years before the situation burns out. And one time in that run the Flyers make it to the 2nd round or if lucky the conference finals. If they're lucky maybe another run similar to the Hitchcock era, but that would be a little overly optimistic.

i'm not panning Quennville or saying "don't hire him", I just wouldn't start thinking he's some great panacea for all the problems in the organization.

As I've mentioned many times, in the end nothing ever works out for the flyers. Ten years ago, I was at the point with the Eagles where I said "F them, they are never going to win anything". I'm at this point with the Flyers.

Flyers win cup in 2028. Book it.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
oh please let this all be true. i don't even care about the Q stuff. ok well i do, but i want Hak fired the most.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Deadhead hates you for this post. He might ignore you now

Why. All he said is Q won't be available for Seattle. Duh.
I don't need inside sources to figure that one out.
If Q returns to coaching, it won't be for an expansion team.
It's doubtful Seattle will fare nearly as well in their ED as Vegas.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Why. All he said is Q won't be available for Seattle. Duh.
I don't need inside sources to figure that one out.
If Q returns to coaching, it won't be for an expansion team.
It's doubtful Seattle will fare nearly as well in their ED as Vegas.

Not to jump in on the bickering, but that's not all he said. He also said that Q would be hired before the roster freeze and then dropped the #GrittyHate at the end. Pretty clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad