Dave Hakstol Part VI: I See A Bad Coach And I Want Him Painted Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
whiguyblink.gif
You had the golden opportunity to use the Littlefinger surprised .gif and blew it

SoulfulOnlyFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: freakydallas13

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
I think the reason why Hakstol still has a job to this day might be because of a prohibitively large buy out clause in his contract that is little too rich for Comcast to pay out at this point. Comcast is a business where the gains/losses on the balance sheet has far reaching consequences for the company so they are not going to take a loss like that which will drag down the share prices etc. etc. It's not like the days where Mr. Snider reached into his wallet and made everything ok. I really hate the fact that the Flyers are now controlled completely by a corporate entity that refers to the team as a "brand" but I digress.

Since they can't realistically fire Hak, as the next best option, Homer likely pressured Hexy to make some "bold" moves to compensate for the substandard coaching, and when Hexy refused, I think that's when Homer/Scott made the call to fire Hexy. Which is also why Rick Wilson, a veteran coach, was brought in to paper over the cracks.

Of course, if things get bad enough, I am sure Comcast will bite the bullet and pay out to save face. But they are definitely looking for alternatives before that option.

Let's face it, it was really a bad move, if not downright reckless, for Hexy to go with an unproven college coach without a veteran NHL coach to assist. Gord Murphy wasn't nearly enough. This coaching staff have been green as hell and it shows nearly every game (remember the Nashville fiasco last year? How about the baffling player usages?). In that sense, as much as it pains me to say it, the Rangers have taken a better approach with it. They have been punching way above their weight at the moment and we have been mired in a weird stunted mediocrity ever since this guy has been charge.

/end rant.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Are you telling me this ****er is still employed after YET ANOTHER uninspiring performance?

I guess Dave Scott is waiting for his holy trade deadline grail

Based on everything we’ve seen this organization do and heard them say, what makes you ever feel a firm belief that this, or any other game for that matter, will be THE one that does it? Why THIS one instead of the innumerable other games, chances, and reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->