Player Discussion Danton Heinen III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Umm.let me understand..so if most of your ten year olds dont catch that pass then why expect Heinen? Who just happens to be an nhler.Yet some of your ten yr old player can catch but heinen doesnt

It was a joke, Francis. A ten year old would not have scored on that play.

Where was all the angst when Pasta missed a wide open net earlier in the game on a puck that wasn’t sitting flat? I’m sure Heinen would have liked to have settled it down. It happens.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Heinen is a liability among quite a few on this bruins team.. Backes is another and so on.
Heinen has been awful for over a year now including playoffs. Some who grasp and dig at anything to salvage some positivity in Danton are trying desperately to convince themsves because they sure as heck arent convincing any others.. What i personally believe from those still "protecting" and even still glorifying this guy to a certain extent is their inability and refusal to say " i was wrong about this guy"
Just say it and be done with it..or if thats too much to come to terms with just say
"I might have overestimated this guy."

Last edited:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It was a joke, Francis. A ten year old would not have scored on that play.

Where was all the angst when Pasta missed a wide open net earlier in the game on a puck that wasn’t sitting flat? I’m sure Heinen would have liked to have settled it down. It happens.

Ok if it was a joke ..then i get it.
Pls dont use pasta in a comparison to Danton.. Pastr is a proven goal scorer
Danton has proven to be a major deception and thats really to bad for the team and of course us the bruin fans.
If he could have been remotely close to what some thought he'd be .....maybe we'd have 2 lines instead of just 1

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Funny how Spooner was highly critiqued yet Heinen continued to be placed on a pedestal.

Not sure he has any trade value right now...this makes Don's job that much harder. Spooner was at least leveraged in a trade package for Dino Nash.
Heinen is at least 3 times the player Spooner is. Not really comparable at all.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and he`s hardly been placed on a pedestal here by anyone other than Glory and myself:laugh:

I`m a fan boy of his but understand the scratch. Kid`s busting his arse but needs to clear his head a bit, Spoons was the poster boy for over rated player by Bruin fans

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I'm not sure what has happened to Spooner however his first 3 years with the bruins were much more productive than Heinens.

BTW I'm not sure what has happened to Heinen either. So you can say both players have gone to the crappers.

I will also add I doubt Heinen gets anywhere close the contract offers he received from Boston and the Rangers...Spooner's play and production dictated his contract.

2015-16Boston BruinsNHL8013364935-9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2016-17Boston BruinsNHL7811283914-8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18Boston BruinsNHL3991625210
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18New York RangersNHL20412162-4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Heinen
2017-18Boston BruinsNHL771631471610
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-19Boston BruinsNHL49671383
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
and he`s hardly been placed on a pedestal here by anyone other than Glory and myself:laugh:

I`m a fan boy of his but understand the scratch. Kid`s busting his arse but needs to clear his head a bit, Spoons was the poster boy for over rated player by Bruin fans

Poster Boy

danton-heinen-2019-32.jpg

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm not sure what has happened to Spooner however his first 3 years with the bruins were much more productive than Heinens.

BTW I'm not sure what has happened to Heinen either. So you can say both players have gone to the crappers.

I will also add I doubt Heinen gets anywhere close the contract offers he received from Boston and the Rangers...Spooner's play and production dictated his contract.

2015-16Boston BruinsNHL8013364935-9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2016-17Boston BruinsNHL7811283914-8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18Boston BruinsNHL3991625210
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-18New York RangersNHL20412162-4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Heinen
2017-18Boston BruinsNHL771631471610
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-19Boston BruinsNHL49671383
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
this isn't even a discussion. Spooner got prime PP time to boost his numbers and was awful outside of his offense. Heinen is struggling but actually defends and battles.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

With Spooner, I think everyone saw his abundances of skill he had and continued wishing he would put it all together, which of course never happen.

Heinen needs a break. Its a marathon not a sprint and he most diffidently needs to recharge his batteries.

Reactions: zaYG and Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
this isn't even a discussion. Spooner got prime PP time to boost his numbers and was awful outside of his offense. Heinen is struggling but actually defends and battles.

Based on merit, I highly doubt Heinen gets anywhere close to what Spooner received for his next contract...this is a fact. Spooner had a much higher ceiling and potential.

Norstrom, Kuraly, and Wagner all defend and battle better than Heinen. And at this time this is Heinen's ceiling.

I do feel for Heinen because I think he's better than his stats. He needs to be moved away from Backes and be given an opportunity to play with 2 creative players like Krejci and Cehlarik. I can see that working well for that line.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I love that people on here have more of an issue with a kid not producing then the player making 6 mil flanking him who looks like a statue on skate blades.

Is it because he’s making 6 mil and is immovable at this time so they don’t bother with him :laugh:

It’s hilarious honestly

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I love that people on here have more of an issue with a kid not producing then the player making 6 mil flanking him who looks like a statue on skate blades.

Is it because he’s making 6 mil and is immovable at this time so they don’t bother with him :laugh:

It’s hilarious honestly

Heinen should be playing better and the fact that he's on the same line as $6 million dollar man is frustrating / not helping Heinen.

The reason people don't call out Backes is because it's been said so many times folk don't want to waste any extra energy discussing him.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Heinen should be playing better and the fact that he's on the same line as $6 million dollar man is frustrating / not helping Heinen.

The reason people don't call out Backes is because it's been said so many times folk don't want to waste any extra energy discussing him.
Oh absolutely.

He should be playing better. And he shouldn’t be playing above the third line.

But Backes is a line killer right now. They can’t even stick him on the fourth line! It sucks to see cause of the career he’s had but he’s not who he was

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Oh absolutely.

He should be playing better. And he shouldn’t be playing above the third line.

But Backes is a line killer right now. They can’t even stick him on the fourth line! It sucks to see cause of the career he’s had but he’s not who he was

Part of the issue here is Cassidy. Crazy to think he hasn't shuffled the deck between 1st 2nd and 3rd line...at the very least try? Heinen is better than 4th line but we haven't really determined if he's better suited for 2nd or 3rd line and this is because of Cassidy's unwillingness to try something new.

We could very well see a Heinen Cehlarik Donato Bjork packaged and have success on another's team 1st/2nd line role. Actually bruins luck...this is exactly what will happen lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JCRO

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA

It’s hilarious honestly
We've already reached the acceptance stage of grieving in regards to Backes.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That’s two straight Danny has spent in the Press Box. I’m not sure if it’s just sending him a message or whether Bruce has lost confidence in him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
That’s two straight Danny has spent in the Press Box. I’m not sure if it’s just sending him a message or whether Bruce has lost confidence in him.

He actually played on Thursday.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’m not so sure Heinen is on the opening night roster come October. I hope they don’t go Reilly Smith on him (even tho his “down year” was far superior than Heinen is having).
I`m not so sure Heinen is on the roster after the TD which for this fan is too bad, just love the way the kid plays away from the puck which will draw the ire of many here. Unfortunately, for a kid like him who went out and almost produced 50 pts in his rookie year, he just isn`t producing. Unfortunately also is I don`t think he`s close to being the real issue on the 3rd line

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I`m not so sure Heinen is on the roster after the TD which for this fan is too bad, just love the way the kid plays away from the puck which will draw the ire of many here. Unfortunately, for a kid like him who went out and almost produced 50 pts in his rookie year, he just isn`t producing. Unfortunately also is I don`t think he`s close to being the real issue on the 3rd line

I know many don’t feel the same way, but I don’t see enough effort from him on a consistent basis.

I just think of today’s game...I can’t say that I’ve ever seen Heinen play a game as hard as the way Wagner, Kuraly and Acciari played today.

Now, I understamd that they are different types of players and people will counter by saying that Heinen’s game is more about reading the play and positioning, but when those things aren’t resulting in any points, I’d like to think he’d try a little harder and make himself a little more noticeable?

I don’t dislike the kid as much as it comes off...He’s certainly not a favorite of mine, but he’s here...he’s cheap and I really wish this season was as good or better as the last for him because if that was true:

1. They’d probably be in a better position in the standings
2. They’d really only need to get one piece to improve their chances,

Being 100% honest, right now, they way they played today without him doesn’t bode well, IMO.

Not saying they would have lost if he played, but the team wide effort today was better than I’ve seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille