Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
New thread new Danton Heinen

That lines looking good.

I had thoughts prior to this point streak that he was really nipping at the heels of going off a bit.

He was shooting more. Just seemed to have some bad bounces or almost seemed like he was trying too hard to snipe one. Gripping the stick maybe?

Keep it rolling!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well clearly he needs to sustain this, but I've felt for a while now that this was coming from him. He had too many near misses and almosts. A little "puck luck" earlier in the year for he and his linemates and he'd be sitting at 7-8-15 or better right now and wouldn't be taking the unnecessary crap from some fans.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well clearly he needs to sustain this, but I've felt for a while now that this was coming from him. He had too many near misses and almosts. A little "puck luck" earlier in the year for he and his linemates and he'd be sitting at 7-8-15 or better right now and wouldn't be taking the unnecessary crap from some fans.

been working hard, seems to have been rewarded for it over the last few games. A week or so ago they had him miced up which isn`t the most entertaining as it appears he`s a pretty quiet guy. He missed a great chance and on the bench said "you got to be kidding me", you could sense the frustration.

Great move vs the Leafs and last night was just a sound hockey play, go to the net, stick on the ice, good things happen

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
been working hard, seems to have been rewarded for it over the last few games. A week or so ago they had him miced up which isn`t the most entertaining as it appears he`s a pretty quiet guy. He missed a great chance and on the bench said "you got to be kidding me", you could sense the frustration.

Great move vs the Leafs and last night was just a sound hockey play, go to the net, stick on the ice, good things happen

Yeah I don't think NESN will be miking him up again any time in the future :laugh:

Seriously, I really like #43 and I'm glad to see him finally playing well.

Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Yeah, he said pretty much nothing didn't he, but I heard that too- he has been snakebitten for a good while now. I think he might be over the hump. He is a talented player with a very good work ethic on the ice.It was only a matter of time before he started scoring. They don't call it sophomore slump for no reason . . .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah I don't think NESN will be miking him up again any time in the future :laugh:

outside of a few duds during this stretch of complete lack of production, I thought he was playing reasonably well but you could tell the confidence offensively just wasn`t there. Last year he shot with a purpose, this year, too often those shots coming from the perimeter and were hardly threatening but he was still playing focused away from the puck.

The guy has impressed me since he fought his way to full time duty last year. Not the fastest guy out there yet causes many issues for the opposing team while on the fore check, not the biggest guy but wins more battles along the wall than he loses. Plays a high IQ game with little flash, as quiet as he is, I can see him being a guy his teammates really like off the ice. My only concern with him is, IF he heats up, will he be dealt? Gulp

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, he said pretty much nothing didn't he, but I heard that too- he has been snakebitten for a good while now. I think he might be over the hump. He is a talented player with a very good work ethic on the ice.It was only a matter of time before he started scoring. They don't call it sophomore slump for no reason . . .

I`ve always had a bit of disagreement with the sophomore slump thing. While I know it does happen (he** the B`s have shown that this year) I often feel that "slump" is less about a player not bringing the same game they did the year previous and more to do with them learning how to react to opponents who are now more familiar with their games. Not sure that would mean they are slumping as opposed to struggling to react better to their games being defended?

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think its great that Heinen has stepped up and as the "veteran leader" of his line with two rookie players and excelled.

Maybe getting him away from better players like Krejci has allowed him to become less deferral with the puck and is better suited to being the leader of a line than he is being a complimentary piece like he seems to be when he's on the 2nd line with Krejci.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think its great that Heinen has stepped up and as the "veteran leader" of his line with two rookie players and excelled.

Maybe getting him away from better players like Krejci has allowed him to become less deferral with the puck and is better suited to being the leader of a line than he is being a complimentary piece like he seems to be when he's on the 2nd line with Krejci.
It’s not a bad assessment. Hope he does take ownership of the line.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc

And I was impressed with the fact that he was able, at high speed to kick that puck to his stick and still have time to pop it in

Reactions: BMC and TCB

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
And I was impressed with the fact that he was able, at high speed to kick that puck to his stick and still have time to pop it in

That was extremely impressive. Don’t give up on the kid!

Reactions: BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I think you are underrating that goal vs Arizona? It was skate kick on a saucer pass onto his stick. Pretty skilled stuff.

Yeah, he’s not exactly Mr Excitement :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
It’s not a bad assessment. Hope he does take ownership of the line.

I said that twice on Tuesday about Heinen liking being the older guy on the line and playing with guys closer to his age.
Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 B's beat the Coyotes yet again - BEEP BEEP!!! - BRUINS 4 Arizona 3 F

Marshy taking on a leader role. Heinen likes to be the older guy on his line. Mac, Krug and Grizz wre the best dee. Rask was Rask, JFK proving me wrong, good for the kid. This could answer a lot of things when Bergy gets back.
FanSince72, Tuesday at 10:08 PMEditDeleteReportBookmark #15

and this during the game

BRUINS GDT GAME 31 Part II - Coyotes invade Causeway Street - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5
Heinen is much better with the other kids, they mesh. The other lines were dump and no chase, this works keep it going
FanSince72, Tuesday at 9:17 PMReportBookmark #45

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
heinen is vastly underrated on this board and it drives me crazy
good in all three zones, always in the right spot.. good on the wall, which this team drastically needs.. tough time shooting right now, but that is the entire team.. he doesnt raise the puck on one shot and people are ready to trade him for a bag of pucks.. am i crazy, do people actually watch the games?

False Start

May 8, 2018
Then I would respectfully suggest you watch the games a little more closely.

I'm actually amazed you have this opinion.

There's literally no reason for me to believe Heinen is a plus skater at all. Where as Krejci most definitely still is, even at his age.

If Krejci couldn't skate he wouldn't be in this league. No amount of patience and passing would keep him as a top six center if it weren't for his ability to move and be an effective two way forward.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'm actually amazed you have this opinion.

There's literally no reason for me to believe Heinen is a plus skater at all. Where as Krejci most definitely still is, even at his age.

If Krejci couldn't skate he wouldn't be in this league. No amount of patience and passing would keep him as a top six center if it weren't for his ability to move and be an effective two way forward.
DK is not a bad skater, and I didn’t say or imply that. But his effectiveness comes from his stick handling ability, playmaking skills and controlling the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad