Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
nobody is saying anything like that at all. Was there a reason we needed to waive anyone at all right now?

I suspect based on a few things I heard, that Jeffrey wanted out of Pgh and Shero just did him a solid.

No other reason I can think of for why he was waived right now.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Look at it this way, he didn't last on the Waiver Wire very long before someone picked him up. Let's see them put Adams on the Waiver Wire and see if someone picks him up.;)

Do you want Chris Conner or Scrabbles back in the lineup that quickly? :laugh:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I suspect based on a few things I heard, that Jeffrey wanted out of Pgh and Shero just did him a solid.

and no point in carrying his albeit small caphit if Bylsma has no intention of playing him.

penguins2946*

What people say, "Glass and Adams are bad at hockey and I'm tired of losing players for nothing."

What defenders of the Skating Penguin read, "SO YOU THINK WE SHOULD JUST WAIVE ALL OF OUR VETS AND PLAY ROOKIES?! MORAN"

Things I learned: Strait, Lovejoy, Despres, Bortuzzo, Tangradi (HAHAH I SAID HIS NAME, GO NUTS), Jeffrey, Megna, Bennett, etc... are all rookies!

So basically what you're saying is that anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Gotcha. I'm all for playing the best talent, regardless of age (Despres over Niskanen, Bennett over Dupuis, ect), but if you actually get mad because we waived DUSTIN ****ING JEFFERY, well I don't know what to tell you. Jeffery isn't a winger, no matter how many times you tell yourself he is. He's not going to be any of our top 3 centers, and he's not physical enough to play on the 4th line. He has no spot here.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010

I don't know, the fact that NOBODY of Shero's extended PR staff picked the whole thing up might be an indication that he tried to quietly sneak him through? I know, other GMs are not dependent on local media reporting that players are being put on waivers but still, it seems strange. Or they're all just extremely incompetent. On second thought, this seems more plausible actually.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Jeffrey has never done jack **** worth talking about in a top 6 role, though. If this was Bennett who was getting waived I could understand, but it's not. Jeffrey is a marginal player at best - not even half the player Mark Letestu is.

Dallas doesn't agree with you! Jeffery was never given a real shot, comprende?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I guess we should just waive all of our old players and play rookies. Just waive or move Dupuis, Glass, Adams, Orpik, Engelland and Niskanen and replace them with Megna, Kuhnhackl, Sill, Despres, Samuelsson and Dumoulin. That's definitely a cup contender lineup there.

Why do you jump straight to that exaggeration? That's like me saying, based on your posts, you think Bennett and Maata should be traded and Adams and Engelland should take their spots permanently.

penguins2946*

I wonder how DJ would have done here had he actually played center. He has the tools to be a solid 2-way 3C, but that wasn't going to happen here. I think that had he been given the shot, he would have done well. Maybe demanding Sutter in any Staal deal wasn't the smartest thing.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This "Jeffrey outplayed Glass this year stuff needs to stop." Penguins took less shots, scored less goals and gave up more goals per minute at even strength with Jeffrey on the ice than they did when Glass was there. On top of that, they were easier to play against. Jeffrey was horrifying in a Penguins uniform this season.

I'd like the entire bottom 6, minus Bennett, to be traded tomorrow.

I've also been more than a little upset about the way they're treating Jeffrey for some time.

But that doesn't mean I think its okay to pretend a guy who was significantly worse than even the rest of the bums in our bottom six was actually better than one of them.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
I 100% disagree. Glass is terrible. His hits are only a second late this year instead of 2, but he still plays his entire game stuck in our own zone.

At least Glass does hit. Glass is better then Jeffrey. Jeffrey is too inconsistent and when he turns the puck over, it leads to goals. He's not very good physically or defensivley. He can keep the puck in his offensive zone though

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This "Jeffrey outplayed Glass this year stuff needs to stop." Penguins took less shots, scored less goals and gave up more goals per minute at even strength with Jeffrey on the ice than they did when Glass was there. On top of that, they were easier to play against. Jeffrey was horrifying in a Penguins uniform this season.

I've also been more than a little upset about the way they're treating Jeffrey for some time.

But that doesn't mean I think its okay to pretend a guy who was significantly worse than even the rest of the bums in our bottom six was actually better than one of them.

Stats are meaningless without sample size.

penguins2946*

well ya, but that likely wasn't an option in any form. They certainly weren't going to add picks on top of it.

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, Sutter and that 1st=Skinner. Not like it matters, it's all hypothetical.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Ironically, we got picked Craig Adams by picking him up on waivers.

The thought of Craig Adams ever being on waivers must terrify Bylsma.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I have to think that Jeffrey voiced not wanting to stay here anymore. What the hell would be the reason for putting Jeffrey on waivers? It is obvious to me he would have been claimed.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
The sample size being used to claim Jeffrey has been better than Glass this season is that Jeffrey had one good second assist one time.

Is that you Dan Bylsma?

DJ has one less goal than Glass in 230 less games. Glass hits but that is it. He's a horrible PKer, is constantly stuck in his own zone, & provides little to no offense.

If you wanted a guy who could just hit we could bring back Steve Webb for the league minimum.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009

This post doesn't fit in with the "this FO can't do anything positive" agenda that half the board is subscribing to.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
The crying over a ****** hockey player is funny. We couldnt even get a 7th round draft pick for him.

penguins2946*

But I heard shaking up the lineup just for change's shake is a good move?

I said I'd be more confident with our current team than the other idea for a team. That doesn't mean I'm confident with this team. Pens need to move a D for a W *cough*Niskanen for Kulemin*cough* and shake up the lines some. My ideal healthy lineup is:

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-Kobasew

Letang-Scuderi
Orpik-Martin
Maatta/Despres-Bortuzzo

I'm split on if I'd rather have Despres or Maatta if healthy. I think I'd go with Despres due to experience, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad