Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hopefully you were just kidding around. (I can't always tell.....haha)

It would suck to lose a good, active poster like yourself who contributes in a multitude of ways. Especially on something silly.

Appreciate the sentiment, but a bet is a bet, and while the other guy barely posts, I would have held him to the bet if I had won.

Which apparently I wouldn't, because you should never bet on a hockey player with more first names than healthy knees.

Stick around. And maybe dial down the histrionics over minutia from time to time.

I am not prone to HISTRIONICS.

I have strong opinions - that you disagree with - but you're lumping me in a group with some of my best friends (on the board). I don't always jump in on some of the more over-the-top crap.

That said, Bylsma literally ruined Jeffrey.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ha...I only came into this thread to see if you had posted anything yet.

I would never back away from an opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hate Dustin Jeffrey more than anyone right now. ;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm pretty sure Jeffrey's knees ruined Jeffrey

I was being sarcastic (i referenced his knees earlier) I just put the Bylsma bit in there because I knew RRP would appreciate it (and it was ironic, in context).

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
I feel bad for the guy but I'm not too surprised. He'll probably carve out a decent AHL career but he's just not NHL material these days.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, he's a pro hockey player. He'll get a bunch of two way deals from now on probably where he is one of the highest paid guys in the AHL.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
But.. I thought he just needed a chanced and this organization was stupid for not giving him a chance...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But.. I thought he just needed a chanced and this organization was stupid for not giving him a chance...

Oooh! Can I join in on this crap?

But...but he was playing very well before hurt his knee!

But...but he was never the same after hurting his knee and probably needed more time off to recover and felt as though he could lose his spot so he might have rushed himself a little when he wasn't really 100% back into the same shape and progressing the way he was.

But...but he could be claimed, put in the AHL, have him be a huge help to that team, get back on track and try again next year, being in the AHL is the best thing for him and likely the reason he was waived in the first place before Dallas claimed him.

But...but.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I am not prone to HISTRIONICS.

I have strong opinions - that you disagree with - but you're lumping me in a group with some of my best friends (on the board). I don't always jump in on some of the more over-the-top crap.

That said, Bylsma literally ruined Jeffrey.

It was Bylsma/Kobasew double-whammy.

Fire Shero*

Jeffrey, waived by Pittsburgh and then by Dallas. While ****ing Kobasew is still here.

Kobasew sucks but so does Jeffrey. Neither has any business playing in the nhl, certainly not for a contender.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Oooh! Can I join in on this crap?

But...but he was playing very well before hurt his knee!

But...but he was never the same after hurting his knee and probably needed more time off to recover and felt as though he could lose his spot so he might have rushed himself a little when he wasn't really 100% back into the same shape and progressing the way he was.

But...but he could be claimed, put in the AHL, have him be a huge help to that team, get back on track and try again next year, being in the AHL is the best thing for him and likely the reason he was waived in the first place before Dallas claimed him.

But...but.

Actually, I was hoping that Pittsburgh reclaims him for the reason of helping out the WBS team. That would improve the team a bit. The oldtimer line of Kostopoulus, Jeffrey, and Conner.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Actually, I was hoping that Pittsburgh reclaims him for the reason of helping out the WBS team. That would improve the team a bit. The oldtimer line of Kostopoulus, Jeffrey, and Conner.

He'd have to go through waivers (again) for him to go to WBS.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
It would have been evil to reclaim Jeffrey when we clearly weren't going to give him a shot. Hope he pulls through and makes his mark eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad