Confirmed with Link: Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers. The team also announced that it has reassigned defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).

Jeffrey, 25, has skated in 10 games for the Pittsburgh Penguins this season, earning one assist and nine shots. The Sarnia, Ont. native has played six seasons in the Penguins' system, including 100 career NHL games where he has earned 28 points (15-13=28). The 6-foot-1, 205-pound forward was Pittsburgh's sixth-round selection (171st overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft.
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691955

The Dallas #Stars have claimed Dustin Jeffrey off waivers and reassigned Aaron Rome to the @TexasStars
https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/402120192693510144

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I didn't even know he was on waivers. Good luck to him. Hopefully he can find the spot in Dallas that wasn't available here. Though between Seguin, Peverley, and Horcoff, I wonder if it's there.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm of the opinion that DJ is actually an NHL player, so losing him for nothing is more great asset management.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Penguins continue the tradition of giving away young NHL players so that inferior aging vets can hang around and bring "experience." First, Letestu goes so we can keep Park. Last year Strait and Lovejoy go so we can bring in Eaton. Now Dustin Jeffrey goes so we can keep Glass and Adams.

Good luck DJ. Hopefully you continue the tradition of moving on and proving to be valuable NHL players while the guys who blocked your progression here are forced out of the league within a year.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The Penguins continue the tradition of giving away young NHL players so that inferior aging vets can hang around and bring "experience." First, Letestu goes so we can keep Park. Last year Strait and Lovejoy go so we can bring in Eaton. Now Dustin Jeffrey goes so we can keep Glass and Adams.

Good luck DJ. Hopefully you continue the tradition of moving on and proving to be valuable NHL players while the guys who blocked your progression here are forced out of the league within a year.

Next year it's going to be Despres and the tradition will continue

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Glad he's gone for our sake and for Jeffrey's. He's simply not a bottom-6 option. Hopefully he finds a role with Dallas like Letestu has in Columbus.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Did any of the insiders covering the Pens even mention he was waived?

What a joke of a group.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
This is all nice and good melodrama, but is Despres anywhere near waiver status?

not until after next season iirc

I think since he signed as 18-year old and hasn't played that many NHL games, he gets 5 years. Not sure, **** is too confusing for me.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
This is all nice and good melodrama, but is Despres anywhere near waiver status?

This is the last waiver exempt year for Despres. Next season he'll be waiver eligible (along with Samuelsson). The year after next Dumoulin will be eligible for waivers. And the year after that Harrington.

Last edited:

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
#themessagehasbeensent

Team's core is completely shaken by this move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->