Friedman: Dallas in on Panarin and Zuccarello

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Man some of these proposals are wild.

Best player in the OHL + first round pick for Mats Zucc? Really?

9 goals and 35 points Mats Zucc?

Try a second which turns into a conditional first if we make the second round or something similar. That is what the market has always been. You are not getting two first rounders for Mats Zucc

35 points makes Zucc sound bad. Why dont you specify that he has only played 43 games and playing at a 0.82 PPG?

He is in phenomenal form with racking up 20 points in his last 13 games.

Make that 37 points in 44 games at rate of 0.84 PPG and 22 points in his last 14 games ;):thumbu:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Friedman is starting to sound like Dreger. Its all BS. Media just making stuff up to keep the talk going. How would Friedman know? He is in T.O. He is not in Dallas. Turning into another story making, 2 sandwich eating, gossip hound beyatch.
Maybe someday someone will invent email, texting and cellphones and then carrier pigeons and the pony express won't be needed anymore. I did hear that Friedman has purchased a ticket on that new freak invention, the "Iron Horse" and may one day get to see Texas.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Again, if we decide to move him before the deadline Dallas has nothing of interest to us outside of Seguin & Benn.

Flame away about being realistic but it's not going to get you Panarin for spare parts that have zero value to us. Sorry Charlie.
I'm not trying to get Panarin. I'm trying to help you.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Maybe someday someone will invent email, texting and cellphones and then carrier pigeons and the pony express won't be needed anymore. I did hear that Friedman has purchased a ticket on that new freak invention, the "Iron Horse" and may one day get to see Texas.

Hahaa yeah that was the best thing of this thread :laugh:
Like do people still expect that insiders are guys who hide in the corridors of arenas to hear some secret info yelled around :laugh::laugh:

Instead of, I don't know, them having connections who text them info :sarcasm:

Reactions: Riche16

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Funny there isn’t a single mention of the team that actually sticks you in their back pocket every time you make the playoffs.

I’d be really interested in seeing Jamie Benn on Columbus. I feel like he’d fit right in
Because the most recent time we played if MAF didn't stand on his head we likely won that series. The game where Werenski got hit in the face and the game continued and they scored while he was rolling in pain but later in the series a pens player barely got hit and we were about to score they blew the play dead. If you look at the stats on paper except goals scored we outplayed them everywhere but the scoreboard. So MAF won you a seriea and Bob lost ours. it doeant get more complicated. Washington has our number much more the Pitt does.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Again, if we decide to move him before the deadline Dallas has nothing of interest to us outside of Seguin & Benn.

Flame away about being realistic but it's not going to get you Panarin for spare parts that have zero value to us. Sorry Charlie.

"We would rather lose him for nothing and pretend like he's our only chance to win the cup than get assets for him while we still can".

You're going to be severely disappointed in the return they get if CBJ moves him.

Benn or Seguin, lmfao.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I was wondering if CLB went far in the playoffs, think that could help change Panarin and Bob's minds about resigning?
We dont have to change Bobs mind because he qould have signed that 8yr deal by now if it was his choice. He wants to get price money so we are just letting him test the market and if he gets it good for him if not and he wants to talk reasonable deals to stay then we can talk. And winning may help bread stay but this is more about him testing and having people beg for him then it is about the cbj.

"We would rather lose him for nothing and pretend like he's our only chance to win the cup than get assets for him while we still can".

You're going to be severely disappointed in the return they get if CBJ moves him.

Benn or Seguin, lmfao.
No one said we get one of those 2... we are saying you have nothing we want that is worth to us what Panarin brings for a few monthes. If you overpayed and offered 1 of them thats about your best chance. Your prospects dont do anything for us and no roster player outside those 2 can help us win now. Stop twisting the narrative to make a reasonable argument sound bias and Pejorative Slured. No one thinks panarin unsigned gets seguin... but you should also understand no player on that roster is worth panarin or makes the move of panarin negligent because they bring back panarin amount production.

Reactions: Viqsi and CPTN71

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Like I said before, I totally get where your coming from, but please tell me why any team in a playoff picture would trade one of there top players for a rental?

Doesnt make much sense and I would think that GM would be fired on the spot. That's going full Pejorative Slur lol

So your saying you wouldnt take any of Faksa, Lindell, Heiskanen etc ( again no GM is going to trade a huge part of there team for a rental

You act like theres nothing on Dallas you'd trade besides Benn/Seguin. Sure some other team might beat Dallas's offer (whatever Nill does offer, which I think might be alot as hes getting desperate), but if somehow Dallas offered Lindell, or Faksa or heck even Hintz with picks/Specs that to me is better then him walking away after the season

I'm guessing your some kind of Xbox/playstation guru and these trades make more sense. But go Google past rental returns if you want an idea of value

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I would say Panarin is not the fit Dallas needs. I think duchene and him centering the 2nd line would be better. That being said as much you don’t want to give Panarin up it’s really your GM who makes the decision and they don’t just look at one year. The Tavares thing is fresh in everyone’s mind so I could see your GM making a trade. As it stands right now Columbus is most likely not getting out for the first round. That’s if they make it. They are 1 point away from being out of the playoffs. So most likely your GM will sell to get futures. For your sake maybe Florida is dumb enough to give you Huberdeau.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Jamie Benn is still a badass when he goes into BeastMode, he just doesn’t do that every game. His body is wearing down on him. I fully expect him to do it every game in the playoffs.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Ok? Jim Lites is a moron and some fans are emotonal. He isn't garbage and regardless, my answer to your proposal was just my opinion. Benn is not a cap dump giveaway to me.
Fair enough. I’m not a Stars fan but would think if you thought could sign Panarin he would be significant upgrade over Benn at this point.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Fair enough. I’m not a Stars fan but would think if you thought could sign Panarin he would be significant upgrade over Benn at this point.
Panarin already said he’s testing the free agent market. Anybody who thinks they have a leg up on signing him for next season doesn’t know jack.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Panarin already said he’s testing the free agent market. Anybody who thinks they have a leg up on signing him for next season doesn’t know jack.
I obviously have no idea where he will sign. But wouldn’t be first UFA to be who liked team he was dealt to and eventually resigned.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I obviously have no idea where he will sign. But wouldn’t be first UFA to be who liked team he was dealt to and eventually resigned.
Any GM considering trading for him at the deadline would be foolish to expect that. Columbus tried really hard to extend him. Talks went nowhere. He’s going to free agency. I’d say there’s a 99 percent chance he signs with a different team in the off season. He is the definition of a rental.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Any GM considering trading for him at the deadline would be foolish to expect that. Columbus tried really hard to extend him. Talks went nowhere. He’s going to free agency. I’d say there’s a 99 percent chance he signs with a different team in the off season. He is the definition of a rental.
Perhaps. But he seems to really not like the city of Columbus and is trying to not crap on them anymore than he already is. I know Dallas isn’t New York or Miami or LA or Miami or Vancouver or Northern California, but wouldn’t be unreasonable to think he might like Dallas more than Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad