Friedman: Dallas in on Panarin and Zuccarello

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He can't score, can't blame the team on his bad game.

You're missing the point. I said he's a good playmaker not a good goal scorer. His assist totals say more about who he plays with than his ability to pass. The team can't score goals and neither can he, so his assist totals will remain low. He's also the only player on the team to not have a shot with Benn and Seguin yet, where he put up most of his rookie points.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You're missing the point. I said he's a good playmaker not a good goal scorer. His assist totals say more about who he plays with than his ability to pass. The team can't score goals and neither can he, so his assist totals will remain low. He's also the only player on the team to not have a shot with Benn and Seguin yet, where he put up most of his rookie points.
His assist numbers are bad because he's not even a good playmaker. Making one nice pass every few games isn't a good playmaker. And don't excuse his low assist numbers by blaming the guys he's passing to. Guys like Dickinson and Shore spent three this season passing to the same dudes Nichushkin is, and their assist numbers were better.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
His assist numbers are bad because he's not even a good playmaker. Making one nice pass every few games isn't a good playmaker. And don't excuse his low assist numbers by blaming the guys he's passing to. Guys like Dickinson and Shore spent three season passing to the same dudes Nichushkin is, and their assist numbers were better.

Three seasons? What? Dickinson had 2 assists in his career coming into this season.

And where did I say Nichushkin is a better player than those 2? He's got an underrated passing ability whether you refuse to recognize it or not. It's easy to see when half the team can't make a good pass. Some of his passes are a couple of levels above what the other guys have done before. So that "one" good pass you're referring to is generally a pass that our other depth guys aren't capable of making.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Three seasons? What? Dickinson had 2 assists in his career coming into this season.

And where did I say Nichushkin is a better player than those 2? He's got an underrated passing ability whether you refuse to recognize it or not. It's easy to see when half the team can't make a good pass. Some of his passes are a couple of levels above what the other guys have done before. So that "one" good pass you're referring to is generally a pass that our other depth guys aren't capable of making.
I'm bringing them up to say no one considers them especially talented playmakers, yet they are still much much better than Nichushkin.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm bringing them up to say no one considers them especially talented playmakers, yet they are still much much better than Nichushkin.

They're 2 of the better passing depth guys on our team, especially Shore when he was here. Shore was always our best depth playmaker. It's not saying a whole lot when it comes to this team though but still

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They're 2 of the better passing depth guys on our team, especially Shore when he was here. Shore was always our best depth playmaker. It's not saying a whole lot when it comes to this team though but still
I just see no silver lining in a player who can't score goals and has a playmaking ability that is inferior to other 3rd/4th line depth guys. He's useless.

/three seasons was supposed to read this season in the prior post. stupid phone.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I think you've missed the point on what makes a "playmaker" good.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Wouldn't be a day in the hockey world without DAL being linked to every high end player available.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
And the day wouldn’t be complete without us getting said player and Nill picking up another fourth line grinder as a consolation prize.
Awe here it is. The press conference will come and Nill will say the prices were too high and he did not want to mortgage the future so we got this bottom six player. Meanwhile Dallas fans will look at the trades and ask we could have given up XYZ and gotten a better player and still have been fine. In the end Nill will screw this team up cause he won’t trade for an impact forward.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Awe here it is. The press conference will come and Nill will say the prices were too high and he did not want to mortgage the future so we got this bottom six player. Meanwhile Dallas fans will look at the trades and ask we could have given up XYZ and gotten a better player and still have been fine. In the end Nill will screw this team up cause he won’t trade for an impact forward.
Nill may as well make a huge trade, because he ain't gonna be here another season if Dallas cant make a splash in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad