Friedman: Dallas in on Panarin and Zuccarello

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I love when people angrily agree with each other.

Lol

I'm not angry, and I totally understand why Cbus fans want an equal player for a guy like Panarin. I'm just trying to point out that no team is going to trade a guy like Seguin or Benn for a rental

Either Clb keeps him and gets nothing for him, or they take the best package, which will most likely be futures

Reactions: CountKong

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Columbus doesn't make much sense at all as a fit for a Dallas trade.

Dallas isn't moving Seguin or Benn.

/ Columbus discussion
This is where I would be at too. Dallas would be gambling heavily on a Panarin - Radulov connection. Too much IMO for dallas. But otherwise it is not enough for Columbus.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If the west was like the last few years I'd agree. But even if they continue this slide they still have a pretty good chance. Bishop should be back next week

They just need to find some offense, hence the point of this thread

Heiskanen and Sequin are gonna need to drag them there. As a Flames fan I hope they do make it so we can whoop them.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He's a rental
Hence why they would be gambling on the Radulov connection.

Columbus just isn't trading him for a rental price unless they have already agreed to a trade to acquire someone like Duchene. Which is unlikely.

It is likely Columbus just keeps him for the rest of the season. Unlike most teams with stars that are pending free agents (Ottawa, NYI most recently), Columbus is very competitive right now. So their hands are tied.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Heiskanen and Sequin are gonna need to drag them there. As a Flames fan I hope they do make it so we can whoop them.

I'm from Calgary and am somewhat still a Flames fan. Dallas is one team that would give Calgary problems. Benn and Seguin always seem to have huge games

Calgary is better off getting the Wild

Reactions: SuperSaiyanSTARS

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Hence why they would be gambling on the Radulov connection.

Columbus just isn't trading him for a rental price unless they have already agreed to a trade to acquire someone like Duchene. Which is unlikely.

It is likely Columbus just keeps him for the rest of the season. Unlike most teams with stars that are pending free agents (Ottawa, NYI most recently), Columbus is very competitive right now. So their hands are tied.

I was wondering if CLB went far in the playoffs, think that could help change Panarin and Bob's minds about resigning?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Stars fans also want a Dallas-Calgary 1st round matchup. Calgary’s an easier opponent than the Jets, Preds, or Blues. Stars would have a much better chance of a 1st round upset playing against the Flamers.

I think Calgary handles them easily. Tkachuk would disrupt that top line.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Man some of these proposals are wild.

Best player in the OHL + first round pick for Mats Zucc? Really?

9 goals and 35 points Mats Zucc?

Try a second which turns into a conditional first if we make the second round or something similar. That is what the market has always been. You are not getting two first rounders for Mats Zucc

Your comments are off. Zucc is around a .82ppg player this season. He has played 43 games.
If you don't want him that is fine but this guy is a performer and someone will pay up for him.

member 300185

Friedman is starting to sound like Dreger. Its all BS. Media just making stuff up to keep the talk going. How would Friedman know? He is in T.O. He is not in Dallas. Turning into another story making, 2 sandwich eating, gossip hound beyatch.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I was wondering if CLB went far in the playoffs, think that could help change Panarin and Bob's minds about resigning?
I think not. Panarin seems to not care about competition and money as much as lifestyle. That is, he thinks he will get paid well no matter where he goes. And the team will be competitive because it has him. So he is basing his choice on where he wants to live.

For Bob, I think it is all about most money for most years. CBJ don't seem willing to commit for more than 3-5 years due to him being 30 and how goalies are unpredictable. It is dangerous to lock yourself down long term to a big cap hit goalie. But some team that is desperate (Florida for instance) very well might.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Columbus doesn't make much sense at all as a fit for a Dallas trade.

Dallas isn't moving Seguin or Benn.

/ Columbus discussion
You think Jarmo is going to hang up because Dallas doesn't offer Seguin/Benn?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
In terms of a Panarin trade, Dallas has nothing Columbus currently wants/needs besides Seguin/Benn.
I don't think Ottawa wanted/needed DeMelo and Tierney. I think the Jackets hold on to him, but if they decide to trade him before the deadline, you need to be realistic.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't think Ottawa wanted/needed DeMelo and Tierney. I think the Jackets hold on to him, but if they decide to trade him before the deadline, you need to be realistic.

Again, if we decide to move him before the deadline Dallas has nothing of interest to us outside of Seguin & Benn.

Flame away about being realistic but it's not going to get you Panarin for spare parts that have zero value to us. Sorry Charlie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad