Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

MetalGodAOD*

A gem from the Trade board:

Anyone whose watch the pens play see Malkin and Neal take stupid penalties after players get under their skin, i think this rectifies that problem instantly. Not only would Morrow slap them upside the head for taking a bad penalty, he would get in the face of the players going after Neal and Geno.

IslandersFan1987*

Wow, great trade dallas...great f**king trade. Totally fleeced the pens.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
As a Wilkes Barrie fan I have watched Joe Morrow and the kid is going to be a stud. He just needs a little more time. He has all the tools, a cannon of a shot, tremendous skater, and not afraid to mix it up. The Pens defensive system is a tough one to play. He may have an easier time with the Dallas system. I predict he will play in your top 4 by the second half of next season.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
Im actually surprised by the Stars fans who dont like this trade, I dont see how you could expect anymore for a guy like Brenden Morrow nowadays. Guess it is hard for me because I really am shocked that Brenden was able to fetch an exciting prospect over a 2nd or 3rd rounder

MetalGodAOD*

Im actually surprised by the Stars fans who dont like this trade, I dont see how you could expect anymore for a guy like Brenden Morrow nowadays. Guess it is hard for me because I really am shocked that Brenden was able to fetch an exciting prospect over a 2nd or 3rd rounder

Half of Dallas fans on Facebook probably don't know Morrow is a UFA or what a prospect is.

Last edited by a moderator:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Yeah basically you got a guy whos value is at around a mid first but is 2 years closer to the nhl.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I think J.Morrow playing with the Texas Stars for the remainder of the season + playoffs would be best for his development. He would be playing with a top AHL team and have a chance at a long playoff run.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked, but any indication about which of your third rounders we got? You have Minnesota's and Edmonton's, right?

none that ive seen. hell i never saw an official announcement of which third we gave up in the cole/ryder trade so they arent exactly big about giving out the information.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I think the 3rd that was traded for Erik Cole was originally Philadelphia's (which we got in the Nick Grossmann trade), and the 3rd we gave up in this deal was our own.

That leaves the Stars the 3rd round pick they got from Edmonton for trading Mark Fistric right?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I'll spill some more confusion out here...the 3rd you got from Philadelphia for Grossmann was actually Minnesota's from the Darroll Powe trade.

So you had as many as three thirds and two are gone...

3rd (EDM)
3rd (DAL) -> I think this went to Montreal (Ryder/Cole)
3rd (MIN)

So that leaves either Edmonton or Minnesota. Someone suggested that it's conditional that the Pens get the "worst" one, meaning the one in worse draft position (likely, Minnesota's)...but I've never seen that confirmed.

The Stars PR staff isn't exactly the most accommodating I've dealt with and it doesn't like you guys are wild about the information you get either...

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Pens fan.

congratz on the trade. I for one think you have a gem in Joe Morrow. He is going to be a top pairing defensemen/PPQB some day. I'll be shocked if he isn't a top defensemen in the NHL for years to come.

We got a gritty guy back that if he can't find his legs again and doesn't resign for a year or 2 we got robbed, imo.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
That have team credentials, don't they? Believe they're at the AAC most nights.

I don't know, as I never looked into them. But I guess if they have that, then they should be considered team media. I always considered them another group following the team, but not affiliated with it.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't know, as I never looked into them. But I guess if they have that, then they should be considered team media. I always considered them another group following the team, but not affiliated with it.

I believe they do get access to the Press box. I've seen random tweets from their editors saying as much.

Quote from Morrow:

“I’m looking forward to a new challenge and see if I get a boost from a new team, which I’m sure I’m going to with the skill this team has,†Morrow said.

He's said a few times that he sees the trade as a chance to "re-invigorate him," and that he hopes it will. Subtle way of saying he hasn't been giving 100% the past few years?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Subtle way of saying he hasn't been giving 100% the past few years?

Don't think it shocks any of us.

The only vet of our's that gave it 100% night after night throughout this whole situation the last couple of years, was honestly Jere. Don't think it's a shock at all that Joe wanted him back out of everyone that's been traded off or just let go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad