Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
His comments about being traded or being put on the fourth line are really blown out of proportion. Not too many of you would be thrilled to by being told you're gonna be let go or transferred to a new location, when you want to stay there. As far as actions go, im assuming you're referring to dumb penalties, cant argue with that, although he did seem to have alot more " turn the other cheek" in him this season. And if any of you have played hockey, you know that almost every player has something to say after taking a penalty. But I'm sure everyone will disagree. We're all stars fans, it just honestly bugs me the way people go about it. I'm the biggest modano fan, and I felt similar when he was shown the door(moreso for the way many fans whined that he signed with the wings like he was some sort of traitor)but this situation is different, even I would admit mo didn't give close to 100% anymore. I wouldn't say the same about morrow though. Anyway, carry on. Agree to disagree

If those Olympics had never happened and I never saw Morrow look so bad on our team then so good for Canada I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt these last few years. He gave that up by playing like he didn't give a **** about the Stars and then showing us 2008 playoffs version Morrow at the Olympics. He wasn't even able to carry that positive momentum over to the Stars for a playoff run after the Olympics were over. I can't with a straight face say that his professionalism is beyond reproach.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
If those Olympics had never happened and I never saw Morrow look so bad on our team then so good for Canada I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt these last few years. He gave that up by playing like he didn't give a **** about the Stars and then showing us 2008 playoffs version Morrow at the Olympics. He wasn't even able to carry that positive momentum over to the Stars for a playoff run after the Olympics were over. I can't with a straight face say that his professionalism is beyond reproach.

Completely agree with this post.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

Truth right here.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
Remember that Neal had like 1 goal in 20 games after he was traded there.
28 points in the first 29 games of the 10-11 season. (Very good)
11 points in the 30 games leading up to the trade (Very bad)
6 points in the 20 games after the trade (Pretty bad)

Neal was not a 40 goal scorer when Dallas traded him, and I'd laugh at the notion that he would've ever become that in Dallas - especially with Richards moving on.

Ampersand

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
28 points in the first 29 games of the 10-11 season. (Very good)
11 points in the 30 games leading up to the trade (Very bad)
6 points in the 20 games after the trade (Pretty bad)

Neal was not a 40 goal scorer when Dallas traded him, and I'd laugh at the notion that he would've ever become that in Dallas - especially with Richards moving on.
Neal was a 22 year old in his second season when he was traded. Who the hell are 40 goal scorers in their first two seasons? He had plenty of time to improve and become more consistent. To say there was no chance of him ever being a 40 goal scorer for Dallas after the talent he showed is ridiculous. You must have stupidly high expectations for young players to show their potential straight away when they start their NHL career.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Neal was a 22 year old in his second season when he was traded. Who the hell are 40 goal scorers in their first two seasons? He had plenty of time to improve and become more consistent. To say there was no chance of him ever being a 40 goal scorer for Dallas after the talent he showed is ridiculous. You must have stupidly high expectations for young players to show their potential straight away when they start their NHL career.

It's not ridiculous. We don't have a Malkin. Neal's a perfect compliment to Malkin, and it shows every time Malkin misses a game. Neal went 9 games in a row without a goal until Malkin came back.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Roy to Pittsburgh for Morrow's teammate Pouliot now? :sarcasm:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Pens fan here... if Morrow keeps playing as well as he has for us and we win the cup, then this was a great trade for us even if your new Morrow is an all star for years to come. He has been everything you could ask for in a winger... Hope your trade works out for you as well as this looks like it did for the Pens :)

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Pens fan here... if Morrow keeps playing as well as he has for us and we win the cup, then this was a great trade for us even if your new Morrow is an all star for years to come. He has been everything you could ask for in a winger... Hope your trade works out for you as well as this looks like it did for the Pens :)

Yea, he's a good player when he wants to be and the fact that he could go to the Olympics and now Pittsburgh and play well, but mailed it in here night after night makes me glad the "captain" is gone.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Glad to see Morrow pick his game up.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yea, he's a good player when he wants to be and the fact that he could go to the Olympics and now Pittsburgh and play well, but mailed it in here night after night makes me glad the "captain" is gone.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I'm glad to see he's doing well in Pittsburgh, and I'm also not at all surprised.

We're better off without him.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
We're better off without him.

he's played well (4 goals while the 'all-stars' have been out) but this sentiment doesn't surprise me. he really looks like he's on borrow-time. i can't imagine him keeping up this level of play during next year's regular season. the biggest thing is that he's a complete dick, an unrelenting jerk-bag and it's glorious to watch. tonight, he basically trolled Subban out of the game.

Brand New Stars

Same with Modano. That shouldn't completely ruin their legacy here. He was a great player here for a good amount of time. A lot of players would lose the will to play for a team that fell hard and fast thanks to a garbage owner.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Good for him to start giving a **** about playing now, while he never gave one playing here in Dallas. Joe Morrow can't be ready soon enough.
Give me a *****in break.... seriously
:shakehead... I really question if people ever actually paid attention to his emotion. When the team, or Morrow himself, scored there wasn't a bigger smile on the ice. I've watched most of his games in Pitt and his style is the same, just getting better results.

Last edited:

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Same with Modano. That shouldn't completely ruin their legacy here. He was a great player here for a good amount of time. A lot of players would lose the will to play for a team that fell hard and fast thanks to a garbage owner.

This..Not to mention we have seen multiple players go to Pittsburgh/ other teams and look stellar, while the player we got in return has regressed. Neal, Niskanen(decent), and Souray come to mind. You can't completely brush off the possibility that this is due to great coaching and talent in Pittsburgh/Anaheim

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This..Not to mention we have seen multiple players go to Pittsburgh/ other teams and look stellar, while the player we got in return has regressed. Neal, Niskanen(decent), and Souray come to mind. You can't completely brush off the possibility that this is due to great coaching and talent in Pittsburgh/Anaheim

Well that much should be obvious.

We don't have anything remotely close to a Crosby or Malkin.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Well that much should be obvious.

We don't have anything remotely close to a Crosby or Malkin.

Exactly. And it's not like he's all of a sudden playing a high skill game. His second goal tonight was almost a whiff, like his last goal here. guy has always played a tough, gritty, emotional game. I for one would love to see him win a cup. As someone on the main board said, a change of scenery can do some players wonders, doesn't mean they didn't give a ***** with their old team. Like I said before, if you've seen his games with the pens, he really does play the same, floats occasionally, pretty bad hands, and slow, BUT goes to the net, hits, does the dirty work. Idk, not trying to argue on this topic again, but I really hate the way some of our fans ***** on players who were more than loyal to this franchise(morrow, modano, hell even ott). Yes their last couple seasons may not have been very good, but somehow that turns into "he's a whiner" "never gave a ***** here" "traitor went to the wings" etc....Anyway, I am fine with him moving on, but lets not pretend he never gave a ***** about this franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->