Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

Ampersand

Im sure this has been said in one way or another, but this trade was a WIN/WIN for us. Either Brenden shines in PITT, thus showing how little he tried/cared in his last couple season with Dal OR he flounders, and we look like geniuses.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Glad to see a change of scenery has done him good.
Loved the jawing after the Subban fight.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Im sure this has been said in one way or another, but this trade was a WIN/WIN for us. Either Brenden shines in PITT, thus showing how little he tried/cared in his last couple season with Dal OR he flounders, and we look like geniuses.

Its a win win for everybody. Brenden gets a chance at a cup, playing on a better team for a better coach. We get a future player. If Brenden plays better he'll join a list of many players who look better once they moved on to a better team. Let's see Neal, Niskanen, Souray, Grossman..hell even Ryder went on a tear right after the trade(while he was always streaky..obviosly that meant all these guys didn't try here. I dont see how anybody could've watched him this season and thought he didn't try, more like he just played bad, same effort he's playing with in pittsburgh if you've actually watched.

Honestly I think the biggest thing with our fanbase is that everyone just wanted a change and get younger. Let's be honest here, we'd see Benn or Dillon jawing with someone and praise them for sticking up for a teammate. You'd see Morrow do the same thing and posts on here would be calling him out for being undisciplined or whiny. Same with Robidas. Hell even after Robi started playing better this year he still got trashed him. I've seen him stick up for teammates as much as anyone, yet posts pop up with "sit down Robidas" " you can't do anything". It's just annoying to see so much glaring bias on here. Similar to seeing some hate on Roussel even after he cuts down on penalties and plays his heart out. That's why a guy like Roussel> a guy like Wandell.....anyways /rant

Go Stars

Last edited:

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Pens fan here;

Fitting that Morrow got a Gordie Howe Hatrick last night because he looked like Gordie Howe. He was vicious and skilled. He even skated a lot faster then he did in his first couple games here.

What's happened is what Shero had hoped; A worn down veteran has found his young legs on a team primed for a Cup run. That said, this will surely be a rental. Morrow can't keep up this pace anymore for an 82-game season and we won't be able to fit him under the cap anyway.

So it's a win-win. Super happy with Morrow. Disappointed that we traded away Joe Morrow.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Let's be honest here, we'd see Benn or Dillon jawing with someone and praise them for sticking up for a teammate. You'd see Morrow do the same thing and posts on here would be calling him out for being undisciplined or whiny.
That's ridiculous. Morrow was never criticized for sticking up for teammates or battling opponents. He was criticized for jawing AT officials, constantly. After taking lazy stick penalties. It's undeniable that the Stars had a bad reputation with officials and Brenden Morrow as Captain was a principal reason for that.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Its a win win for everybody. Brenden gets a chance at a cup, playing on a better team for a better coach. We get a future player. If Brenden plays better he'll join a list of many players who look better once they moved on to a better team. Let's see Neal, Niskanen, Souray, Grossman..hell even Ryder went on a tear right after the trade(while he was always streaky..obviosly that meant all these guys didn't try here. I dont see how anybody could've watched him this season and thought he didn't try, more like he just played bad, same effort he's playing with in pittsburgh if you've actually watched.

The dreaded single parenthese! :cry:

On to the content of your post...I actually don't know what you trying to say. Are you saying people said that those players weren't trying here or are you saying that those players weren't trying here?

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
The dreaded single parenthese! :cry:

On to the content of your post...I actually don't know what you trying to say. Are you saying people said that those players weren't trying here or are you saying that those players weren't trying here?

:laugh: forgot the other parenthesis, typing with one hand due to shoulder surgery.
Anywho, I was being sarcastic. Just saying that just because someone begins having success after a change of scenery, doesn't mean he didn't care here. But I won't go on anymore about this. I believe Morrow loved it here and played with heart. Just agree to disagree I suppose. As of now I'm enjoying watching the current Stars push for the playoffs :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad