Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Don't think it shocks any of us.

The only vet of our's that gave it 100% night after night throughout this whole situation the last couple of years, was honestly Jere. Don't think it's a shock at all that Joe wanted him back out of everyone that's been traded off or just let go.

That's silly. Robidas is a warrior. The results well that is different. Fiddler, Nystrom Erikkson pros. Morrow was hurt , played hurt and tenative with a style that does not work that way. If he is willing to do what he used to they got what they thought. Still a big price. This is exactly the type of deals we need. Is J Morrow the guy, don't know that is up to the scouts but if his adjustment had been flawless then he would have been untouchable. Having Oleksiak, Morrow Dillon and Nemeth in 2 years is pretty sweet. All have legit NHL ability. Whether they are top mid or bottom pair , who knows but on entry level deals , then you have the ability to fill in financially.

I also think losing Morrow means nothing this year in terms of playoff hopes. He is without a role and adds nothing defensively or on special teams. I would bring up Fraser. Put him on the pp and protect him even strength a bit. Rousel and Nystrom are versatile enough to put in the defensive zone but hey that involves coaching.

Last edited:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
That's silly. Robidas is a warrior. The results well that is different. Fiddler, Nystrom Erikkson pros. Morrow was hurt , played hurt and tenative with a style that does not work. If he is willing to do what he used to they got what they thought. Still a bad deal for them when they could have got cole for a lot less.

Should've clarified, I was talking about the revolving door of vets that have left us the past couple of years.

The Modanos/Turcos/Lehtinens etc etc etc. Even Ott never gave 100% every single night (neither have all 4 of the players still here mind you).

Morrow, by far, wasn't the worst at that though. That award will always go to Modano.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
He's said a few times that he sees the trade as a chance to "re-invigorate him," and that he hopes it will. Subtle way of saying he hasn't been giving 100% the past few years?
I'm normally very hesitant to read too much into quotes that are filtered through the media, even when there are several strung together. What's bothered me is his play.

He made the comments about the Olympics, and his play seemed to fit what he said.

When he was demoted off of Ribs' line last year, there were subtle comments and his play reflected that.

When he started this year on the lower lines, there were subtle comments, and his play reflected it.

Suddenly, when he's out with Benn and Jagr he looks completely different.

Then when he's back on the 3rd/4th line, we get more comments and he's back to bad-Morrow.

I would like to see him win a cup and all, but not if he comes out like a scalded ape for the Pens. If that's the case, I'd be pissed that he didn't play like that for the Stars over the last two years.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This is nice:

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Interesting twist on the 3rd round pick to Pittsburgh. It is the worse of Edm or Minny (Stars owned both), so that could be a big split.

HockeylessInHouston

May 29, 2007
Nieuwendyk just traded the heart and soul of this team.

Nieuwendyk seems committed to keeping the Stars out of the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

As time goes on, I have fewer and fewer reasons to follow this team. I hardly know any of them anymore. Kari, Louie, Jamie, and Stephane, that's about it anymore.

MetalGodAOD*

Nieuwendyk seems committed to keeping the Stars out of the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

As time goes on, I have fewer and fewer reasons to follow this team. I hardly know any of them anymore. Kari, Louie, Jamie, and Stephane, that's about it anymore.

Kinda sounds like you stopped a long time ago already if you think Morrow was the heart and soul of this team, or keeping us in playoff contention.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

I really thought you were quoting someone from the facebook page for a second.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas

Who should the Stars have traded? Let me guess we should have traded for Iginla and made a run at the cup? :help:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

I really hope this is just trolling.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Morrow has done a good job helping to keep the Stars out of the playoffs for the past two seasons itch his terrible play and stupid penalties.

Seeing aging players leave is a big part of sports.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Aeros = Future Wild

Wild are playing Stars right now

Everything makes sense :nod:

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX

Go back to the facebook page and cry there.

MetalGodAOD*

Morrow got handled with kids gloves and he still probably feels jilted. Honestly the more that comes out makes it clear he didn't deserve to be so pampered in this process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad