Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk announced today that the club has acquired defenseman Joe Morrow and a fifth-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for forward Brenden Morrow and a third-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft.

"Brenden Morrow has represented everything we could ever ask for in a Dallas Star over the past 14 years, giving his heart and soul to this franchise. On behalf of the entire Dallas Stars organization, we wish Brenden nothing but the best going forward and thank him sincerely for his years of service," said Dallas Stars General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. "That being said, we had a great opportunity to acquire a young, top-end defenseman in Joe Morrow and we are delighted to add him to our organization. We identified Joe as an outstanding prospect

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=661904&navid=DL|DAL|home

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Brenden Morrow Traded to Pittsburgh

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 52s
Source say the Pens and Stars have a trade in place for Brendan Morrow. However, he has yet to waive no trade clause.

Holy Crap

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Please don't get absolutely owned.

how much value does 17 more games of Brenden Morrow have to the Dallas Stars? I mean we all know he's gone in the off-season either way. what would be getting "absolutely owned"?

Anything above a 3rd round pick is fine with me.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
how much value does 17 more games of Brenden Morrow have to the Dallas Stars? I mean we all know he's gone in the off-season either way. what would be getting "absolutely owned"?

Anything above a 3rd round pick is fine with me.

Trading a draft pick with him...or one of our prospects to get someone that Joe overvalues...that would be getting owned.

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
If we get Joe Morrow, wow... just wow.

Chances are that there is more. I just can't see Shero giving up one of his precious d prospects for a rental, maybe...

B. Morrow + Nemeth for J. Morrow

I have no clue. It makes no sense.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I really respect this guys opinion:

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29

Joe Morrow to Dallas would be a nice return for Stars. Texas Stars fans in Cedar Park will love Morrow's puck-moving skill, upside

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Pittsburgh gets robbed if we give Morrow straight for Morrow. You guys will love Morrow if you get him, he's on the cusp of being ready, huge shot, offensive-minded guy, playing well in the A...

- Sorrow tomorrow in Pittsburgh if this goes through.

That said, we owe you big for the Goose/Neal trade...I was hoping to give a 2nd round pick...not our second best D prospect from a team that fields the best group of D prospects in the league...

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
If it's trading for Joe Morrow we are definetely adding.

Maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick, or a decent prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad