Dahlin vs Heiskanen

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Both players had 24 points at even strength and then one saw a lot of top PP time. There's your difference. And no, it's not because Dahlin is better. It's because you don't replace one of the best PP quarterbacks in the NHL in John Klingberg in your rookie season.

Feels relevant to mention this now as well:

Heiskanen's points away from Benn-Seguin-Radulov: 20 out of 33 points

Dahlin's points away from Reinhart-Eichel-Skinner: 9 out of 44 points

I do believe Dahlin will be the higher point producer throughout his career, but let's not ignore the facts and pretend he's drastically better. It's closer than everyone thinks they just don't want his precious #1 overall and "generational" title to be "ruined" by someone performing close to or at his level

Now do this without the PP involved.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
but it would eat actual points scored for miro, at least i'm assuming so because he was on PP2.

Unless I'm wrong and Miro only scored 4 points with the top 3 in Dallas all year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
but it would eat actual points scored for miro, at least i'm assuming so because he was on PP2.

Unless I'm wrong and Miro only scored 4 points with the top 3 in Dallas all year.

He had 13 points with the top guys in total wdym

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
oh yes, then PP points make up part of the 20 you mentioned right?

You are trying to paint a picture that isn't there.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
oh yes, then PP points make up part of the 20 you mentioned right?

You are trying to paint a picture that isn't there.

Miro had 8 points on the powerplay all of last season. I know for a fact at least one of them was a pass to Jamie Benn for a goal so that leaves potentially 7 points that he got on the 2nd unit. With that being said, I didn't take those out of Dahlin's totals either so I don't know why that matters exactly. I'll check later to see exactly what that leaves them with

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Do we want to compare their draft +2 years to each other? Because 10 periods in to Dahlin’s (6 points, 0 goals allowed while on the ice) I’m ready to call it.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Dahlin is going to double Heiskanens total from their D+2 season.6 points in 3 and 1/3 games. And he is 19. How many dmen have scored 50 points at age 19 and 1/2?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I just heard that Dahlin has been on the ice for ten buffalo goals and zero against

Is this true?

Oh wow, Armia just made vasmus hold his pocket. LOL

I’m sure Dahlin won’t be able to sleep st night knowing that the great armis did that to him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Horse****. Everyone watched Dallas play in the playoffs last year. Absolutely no one watches Buffalo unless their team is playing them. Buffalo is a small market that's been mired at the bottom of the standings for years. IMO Dahlin is underhyped by national media.
This is true. I watched probably 20 Dallas games and 1 maybe 2 Buffalo games last year. Heiskanen received an enormous amount of justified praise during the playoffs, and people were definitely tuning in during the regular season just for Heiskanen. I tried to force myself to watch Buffalo games last year and I still just couldn't lol.

That classic Western Conference excuse that everyone on the east coast is apparently a farmer and in bed by sunset is such baloney.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This is true. I watched probably 20 Dallas games and 1 maybe 2 Buffalo games last year. Heiskanen received an enormous amount of justified praise during the playoffs, and people were definitely tuning in during the regular season just for Heiskanen. I tried to force myself to watch Buffalo games last year and I still just couldn't lol.

That classic Western Conference excuse that everyone on the east coast is apparently a farmer and in bed by sunset is such baloney.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad