Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Dahlin racking me up those fantasy points. Also have Heiskanen as well on my team so let's go Dahleiskanen!
Funny enough, last night may have been Dahlin's worse game as a Sabre. He was awful. Hopefully he bounces back.

Reactions: Bevans

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
I actually just realised the conspiracy behind Heiskanen and I am shocked but not surprised. So is he actually the first player in NHL to play in two different teams at the same time?
Heiskanen = He is Kane

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This thread will be 'entertaining' over the course of the year :P

A great time to see two very young stud defensemen become elite players.

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
This Pekka Haskekainen guy is no good

Same with this Daehlie-fellow. No good hockeyman, only good ski-man:

1401-bjorn-daehlie.jpg

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
This thread will be 'entertaining' over the course of the year :P

A great time to see two very young stud defensemen become elite players.

Indeed, both are ridiculously good. The fact that Stars and Sabre fans are even having these discussions is quite the luxury.

As a swede I honestly couldn't care less though, I mean Dahlin is just another swedish stud defenseman. But I get why Finnish fans are so excited, he's literally the second coming of Timonen ;)

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
This is the typical "my stick is pointier than your stick" thread. Is one better than the other? Maybe. Do I care? No. Just sit back and watch them play. Trying to win this argument is not affecting your life in anyway, so why care so much?

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Dahlin racking up points on PP doesn't mean he's nearly as good as Heiskanen at defense.

This tired trope needs to die. All numbers point to Dahlin being better at defense over their NHL careers so far. You are equating Heiskanen playing on the PK with him being better at playing defense.

dahlin plays nothing like lidstrom

Dahlin plays very much like Lidström, but skates better. He uses his hockey IQ to get out of the forecheck and get the puck from his zone, and he is very good at finding lanes in the offensive zone and getting pucks to the net. Neither of them have/had a booming accurate shot.

Dahlin as a prospect was basically seen as Lidström with Brian Leetch's skating.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What are their 5v5 production? I know Heiskanen has more goals.

Miro: 27 ES points
Rasmus: 26 ES points
What is there 5 on 5 production? Lmao dude Dahlin leads the league in assists and tied for 3rd in points as a 19 year old defenceman.

Stop with the nonsense.

Your stat doesn't determine offensive skill. Its just one stat you found on the internet.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Watching the game Dahlin is on another level than Heiskanen

Might have that effect when the Sabres are playing on another level from the Stars and can actually generate offense

Would also help if the Stars had a powerplay that could generate even a shot on goal

Reactions: sjci

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Might have that effect when the Sabres are playing on another level from the Stars and can actually generate offense

Would also help if the Stars had a powerplay that could generate even a shot on goal
And doesn't Heiskanen play for that same stars team? And doesn't Dahlin play for that same sabres team?

Trying to dissociate the player from the performance of the team is a fail. Its almost like Dahlin helps contribute to that next level :)

You prove my point.

Reactions: lauraP

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
And doesn't Heiskanen play for that same stars team? And doesn't Dahlin play for that same sabres team?

Trying to dissociate the player from the performance of the team is a fail. Its almost like Dahlin helps contribute to that next level :)

You prove my point.

Same team but has had an awful start to this season. Sabres will fall back down to earth but have had a good and high scoring start to this season. Not sure how you're struggling to understand what I mean here. Heiskanen has been doing his job but he can't carry the entire Stars offense, defense, and goaltending at the same time obviously. Nothing is working for the Stars right now at all

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

You prove my point.

...Yeah, except last year when Miro was in the playoffs. Did Dahlin "contribute" to the Sabres missing out? :help:

I dont think so.

His point was that the two teams are worlds apart this season, and Dallas is putrid.

Can't hang that on Miro.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Dahlin has loads of offensive talent for sure and has been great on PP, but Heiskanen is the better defenseman overall as of now.

Reactions: Nerv

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Dahlin has loads of offensive talent for sure and has been great on PP, but Heiskanen is the better defenseman overall as of now.
Dont forget being elite in the transistion game as well. He's also very underrated defensively. Stars fans got a first hand view at how the game just flows through him; offensively and defensively.

That being said, I ain't judging Heiskanen on one quiet game. If we judged Dahlin on how he played a couple of games ago we'd be saying he's a total bust; he was straight up bad.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Going into this game I was looking forward to watching Heiskanen.

Dallas plays a very boring and very defensive game. Same as last year. I think Dallas's style also contributes heavily into people saying Heiskanen is "better defensively". He might be, but his team is so much more focused on defense it's hard to evaluate him as an individual.

I didn't notice Heiskanen much this game, which often means a Dman had a good game. But to be honest I was only half paying attention by the time it was 2-0. What a snoozfest from Dallas.

Dallas was so bad they made the Sabres boards favorite whipping boys look good for once. I.E. Sobotka, Vesey, Scandella and Mitts.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Going into this game I was looking forward to watching Heiskanen.

Dallas plays a very boring and very defensive game. Same as last year. I think Dallas's style also contributes heavily into people saying Heiskanen is "better defensively". He might be, but his team is so much more focused on defense it's hard to evaluate him as an individual.

I don't notice Heiskanen much this game, which often means a Dman had a good game. But to be honest I was only half paying attention by the time it was 2-0. What a snoozfest from Dallas.

Dallas was so bad they made the Sabres boards favorite whipping boys look good for once. I.E. Sobotka, Vesey, Scandella and Mitts.
I questioned this as well: how much does playing in an extremely safe and tight defensive system mask some flaws he may have in his defensive game? I mean, it's not like the stars have a phenomenal defense, but they all rarely made any mistakes today because they play such a tight defensive system. I dont think I've witnessed a more boring team to play. Just curious...

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I questioned this as well: how much does playing in an extremely safe and tight defensive system mask some flaws he may have in his defensive game? I mean, it's not like the stars have a phenomenal defense, but they all rarely made any mistakes today because they play such a tight defensive system. I dont think I've witnessed a more boring team to play. Just curious...
Klingberg made a lot of mistakes today, as did Lindell.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad