Dahlin vs Heiskanen

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Wouldn't he be at PPG with only his primary points?

But ya he won't ~PPGx2 all season.

his oiSH% is 26% and probably even higher after tonight's game. That's gonna cut down by at least half, most likely more. Dahlin's gonna win a couple of norris' in the next 10 years but i don't see it happening in the next 2 seasons. His defensive game needs to improve and he has to create more offensive chances at even strength in order to keep scoring at a high rate. He's only 19 tough so the sky is the limit. Really a fun player to watch!

Reactions: DickSmehlik

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
his oiSH% is 26% and probably even higher after tonight's game. That's gonna cut down by at least half, most likely more. Dahlin's gonna win a couple of norris' in the next 10 years but i don't see it happening in the next 2 seasons. His defensive game needs to improve and he has to create more offensive chances at even strength in order to keep scoring at a high rate. He's only 19 tough so the sky is the limit. Really a fun player to watch!

He played terrible tonight on defense. Has a lot to improve on, but as you stated hes 19. Once he hits 23/24 look out.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He played terrible tonight on defense. Has a lot to improve on, but as you stated hes 19. Once he hits 23/24 look out.

He can be “terrible on defense” in one regular season game if he wants. He wasn’t even on the ice for a single goal against so far before tonight, sounds like decent D to me and that’s if he was even on the ice for one tonight, probably judging by the score haven’t watched it yet

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
He can be “terrible on defense” in one regular season game if he wants. He wasn’t even on the ice for a single goal against so far before tonight, sounds like decent D to me and that’s if he was even on the ice for one tonight, probably judging by the score haven’t watched it yet

He was very very bad tonight, caused multiple turnovers from lackadaisical play and was lucky none of them ended up in the net. Was his worst game in a while and he was benched for stretches of the 3rd and during the Sabres OT powerplay because of it.

I also thought he wasn't very good in their last game either. He needs to get it together (I have a lot of faith that he will).

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He was very very bad tonight, caused multiple turnovers from lackadaisical play and was lucky none of them ended up in the net. Was his worst game in a while and he was benched for stretches of the 3rd and during the Sabres OT powerplay because of it.

I also thought he wasn't very good in their last game either. He needs to get it together (I have a lot of faith that he will).

Gotchya.

Well, I really don’t care too much to be sour on him, to be honest ive spent too much time being negative about the sabres in my life to get on our 19 yr old defensemen who has 7 pts in 4 games in an 3-0-1 season ya know? But thanks for clarifying it, the info does help me at least get an idea what I’m walking into so thanks.

Ps even looking “bad last game” his numbers going into this game were absolutely ridiculous
Someone posted his corsi and such it was insane.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Gotchya.

Well, I really don’t care too much to be sour on him, to be honest ive spent too much time being negative about the sabres in my life to get on our 19 yr old defensemen who has 7 pts in 4 games in an 3-0-1 season ya know? But thanks for clarifying it, the info does help me at least get an idea what I’m walking into so thanks.

Ps even looking “bad last game” his numbers going into this game were absolutely ridiculous
Someone posted his corsi and such it was insane.

Yea its only one game so its not a huge deal, I think having Miller as his d partner will help him out a lot too. He's currently 4th in league scoring as a 19 year old dman, so there's a lot of positives for him right now. Just needs to clean up some things.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s no disrespect to Heiskanen. The kids gonna be a #1 in this league for a long time, but He’s not on the same level as Dahlin Talent wise. In terms of ceiling, theyre a few tiers apart.

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Dahlin better offensively.

Heiskanen better defensively.
So that makes them equal, If that is the case? Is Lindholm equal to prime Karlsson too? I don't like these diplomatic answers. I have to scroll until my finger is tired to find minus heiskanen while dahlin I can find by looking at the top, even among all skaters.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis

Disagree on the Columbus game (didn’t see Montreal game). He took a bad penalty on Foligno, but was otherwise the team’s best skater with Johansson. When he was on the ice, the rink tilted to the Columbus side heavily.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
dahlin's points actually started to wrack up towards the tail end of last season actually, he will most likely continue this as project when he was picked number 1, which is an offensive dman.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Dahlin is so much more risky, look at last night's turnover he had.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
The little jabs back and forth from both fanbases are going to be awful to deal with. Just enjoy it. These are two incredible defensemen who’ll run the league for 20 years. Quit being nerds and just relax.
It already is. Its basically Finns and Dallas Stars vs the world, throwing “stats n facts n eye test” in a never ending cycle

Reactions: Mortiz

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Don't understand why Dallas and Finnish posters can't be happy when Sabre fans give Heiskanen his due calling him the next best young dman in the game..The fact is Dahlin was tagged as generational well before Dahlin was drafted. Heiskanen was neck and neck with Makar in their draft class. Any other era Heiskanen would be the most valuable young D in the game...but unfortunately in 2018 a dman given the superlative accolades unseen since Denis Potvin entered the league. Dahlin has been called generational, a Lidstrom level player and the best D prospect since Denis Potvin. Hard for anyone to compete with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad