Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Notice how the only people that care to bring up this topic are Finns or Stars fans. So thirsty for their players to be compared to Dahlin. No Swedes or Sabres fans want to compare Dahlin with other players. They know he’s the top rated young D in the game. They aren’t fishing for consensus towards their viewpoint because it’s a viewpoint that almost all people agree with them about.

Reactions: deVolt and Mortiz

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Notice how the only people that care to bring up this topic are Finns or Stars fans. So thirsty for their players to be compared to Dahlin. No Swedes or Sabres fans want to compare Dahlin with other players. They know he’s the top rated young D in the game. They aren’t fishing for consensus towards their viewpoint because it’s a viewpoint that almost all people agree with them about.

If Dahlin was playing better, Sabres fans would be bringing it up every night. Stars fans aren't even the ones bringing it up, but the whole "Dahlin is generational" talk means that you're gonna get called out for being wrong about him and you're going to get more attention drawn to him by doing that. They brought this upon themselves by hyping him up so much, and now he's playing like absolute shit on a nightly basis so they're quiet. It's just what happens, but personally I'm fine with letting this thread die off.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Dahlin was playing better, Sabres fans would be bringing it up every night. Stars fans aren't even the ones bringing it up, but the whole "Dahlin is generational" talk means that you're gonna get called out for being wrong about him and you're going to get more attention drawn to him by doing that. They brought this upon themselves by hyping him up so much, and now he's playing like absolute **** on a nightly basis so they're quiet. It's just what happens, but personally I'm fine with letting this thread die off.

It’s funny how you undermined your own declaration within the same post. Impressive. And even if you were right, it’s 15 games into the season.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dahlin's been pretty bad this year, as Buffalo's been a better team with him on the bench
With Dahlin: 43.9 sf% | 47 gf% | 39.7 xgf%
Without Dahlin: 50.3 sf% | 52.3 gf% | 48.9 xgf%

With Miro: 52.7 sf% | 59.1 gf% | 54.1 xgf%
Without Miro: 47.6 sf% | 41.4 gf% | 53.3 xgf%
Heiskanen has been impressive though, and clearly makes his team better

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I love how Heiskanen's fanboys are exxagarating Dahlin's "bad play".

It's nor exaggerating at all, it's all you see on twitter from Sabres fans too. Go take a look for yourself. Just search "Dahlin"

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It's nor exaggerating at all, it's all you see on twitter from Sabres fans too. Go take a look for yourself. Just search "Dahlin"
Of course it's exxagarating. Playing like absolute **** on a nightly basis is a gross exxagaration. He is not consistent, but thats it.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018

Why would swede or Sabres fan bring up this topic when their prospect is playing poorly compared to Miro.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would swede or Sabres fan bring up this topic when their prospect is playing poorly compared to Miro.

I'm not talking about specifically right now, but I don't see why they couldn't. It's favorable towards them at all points. The point is that they don't because they don't feel the need to compare Dahlin to other players. No Oilers fan ever tries to gloat about McDavid's success at the expense of someone like Matthews. It's similar for Dahlin. These other young defensemen are not as good. They don't need to gloat, considering its rather obvious to nearly everyone who the best is. Only a thirsty few that root for teams that Heiskanen plays for feel this need.

Reactions: deVolt

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not talking about specifically right now, but I don't see why they couldn't. It's favorable towards them at all points. The point is that they don't because they don't feel the need to compare Dahlin to other players. No Oilers fan ever tries to gloat about McDavid's success at the expense of someone like Matthews. It's similar for Dahlin. These other young defensemen are not as good. They don't need to gloat, considering its rather obvious to nearly everyone who the best is. Only a thirsty few that root for teams that Heiskanen plays for feel this need.
I thought last year it was Swedish who created first Dahlin vs Heiskanen thread...

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
If Dahlin was playing better, Sabres fans would be bringing it up every night. Stars fans aren't even the ones bringing it up, but the whole "Dahlin is generational" talk means that you're gonna get called out for being wrong about him and you're going to get more attention drawn to him by doing that. They brought this upon themselves by hyping him up so much, and now he's playing like absolute **** on a nightly basis so they're quiet. It's just what happens, but personally I'm fine with letting this thread die off.

He is correct tho. Finns/Stars fan started this rivalry by invading basically every post about Dahlin on every platform before last season even started. And looking at this thread the last 2 bumps have been from Heiskanen boys with 1 of them creating another negative thread about Dahlin that was locked a couple of days ago. Bit rich trying to turn it against Buffalo fans then imo after seeing all this over a year now. It's impossible to compare it and def started by Finns and Stars fans.

Also saying he plays like "absolute **** on a nightly basis" is way too biased for me. He still makes more good plays than bad ones and has created more goals for Buffalo than against (2 for and 1 against yesterday for instance). Only seeing the negatives is a bit lame imo and way too biased.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He is correct tho. Finns/Stars fan started this rivalry by invading basically every post about Dahlin on every platform before last season even started. And looking at this thread the last 2 bumps have been from Heiskanen boys with 1 of them creating another negative thread about Dahlin that was locked a couple of days ago. Bit rich trying to turn it against Buffalo fans then imo after seeing all this over a year now. It's impossible to compare it and def started by Finns and Stars fans.

Also saying he plays like "absolute **** on a nightly basis" is way too biased for me. He still makes more good plays than bad ones and has created more goals for Buffalo than against (2 for and 1 against yesterday for instance). Only seeing the negatives is a bit lame imo and way too biased.

What I'm saying is basically echoing what Sabres fans have been saying for a while now. Seriously go look for yourself on Twitter. Not just me saying this and it's not bias

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018

It's not similar at all, McDavid is best player in the world while Dahlin aint better than Heiskanen.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

It def was a swede who started it..

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
What I'm saying is basically echoing what Sabres fans have been saying for a while now. Seriously go look for yourself on Twitter. Not just me saying this and it's not bias

Of course many Sabres fans have hyped their #1 pick! Who doesn't? Even tho many seem disappointed as well since they thought he would come in and play like McDavid offensively and be almostbflawless defensively.

But the point was it's Finns and Stars fans who made this a rivalry from day 1 till now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Of course many Sabres fans have hyped their #1 pick! Who doesn't? Even tho many seem disappointed as well since they thought he would come in and play like McDavid offensively and be almostbflawless defensively.

But the point was it's Finns and Stars fans who made this a rivalry from day 1 till now.

It was bound to happen because they were competing with each other as rookies. Same as what's happening with Makar vs Hughes. These debates will all die off eventually I'm sure, especially as many more young talented dmen enter the league over the next few seasons

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
It was bound to happen because they were competing with each other as rookies. Same as what's happening with Makar vs Hughes. These debates will all die off eventually I'm sure, especially as many more young talented dmen enter the league over the next few seasons

To some extent, yes. But not nearly as how it's been. Anyway I'm not angry at you or anyone here. You seem like a nice person and I often see your posts in Stars forums as well and think you make many good points! Have a nice eve and upcoming week =)

Reactions: Kcb12345

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
the debates will die down if stubborn stars fans realize that dahlin has outperformed heiskanen at every stage of their careers....

I haven't seen a single thread about this debate by a sabres fan. it is all insecure stars fans that can't acknowledge that although heiskanen is sure to be an elite player, he'll just never be on dahlin's level

literally no one is hating on Miro. Get over yourselves!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad