Dahlin vs Heiskanen

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Love Miro's game. Thought he looked fantastic last year as a rookie and he has looked sharp this year.

He has a similar problem that Eichel has. He plays at the same time as a goat.

Where Miro is creative with the puck and very fast on the rush, Rasmus just ghosts thru people.

He had a play today late second or earlier third period where he received a puck at the blue line, chips a self pass thru two Stars and a Sabre, drives the net back hand drags around a poke check with what looked to be about a foot and a half drag and then just barely missed a shortside shot.

He does that crap routinely. Its not fair and I don't think Miro should be put in a debate that he just can't win.

Set people up for success is what I always say!!

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
The silence is deafening around here today and I start feeling remorseful I started this thread as I put myself in the fins shoes. I am not patrik Bateman after all.. So I'll say it, stars are lucky to have such a great defensman as heiskanen. It will be fun to see him battling it out against Hughes, makar among others in the future.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
YAHHHH dahlin is going to be a ppg dman, just like olofsson is going to score 70 power play goals. Racking up secondaries on a hot pp within the first few games of a season, perfect sample size to make grand conclusions. lol.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Usually when i watch the Sabres, Dahlin gets walked.. dont recall even seeing that happen to Heiskanen and i watched Dallas more.
Dahlin has like 75% offensive zone starts and gets like close to 3rd pairing mins (in fact he's 6th on the sabres backend at even strength mins!). He's currently feasting on an amazingly hot powerplay when studs like Eichel and snipers like Olofsson are finishing up at 30% clips...yet a bunch of fairweather fans and homers are ready to anoint the kid as the next Bobby Orr. Chillax on the hyperbole. Heiskanen is a MUCH better dman when it comes to doing his job and thats BEING A DMAN. Dahlin will likely win a few norris in his career, but the manner in which he's been talked up is extremely nauseating. He's not the defensive version of mcdavid who was an mvp player the moment he stepped into the nhl. Amazing how the lack of PP1 can change the opinion of a player on HF boards, a place where'd you EXPECT to find opinions that are beyond surface level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
Dahlin has like 75% offensive zone starts and gets like close to 3rd pairing mins (in fact he's 6th on the sabres backend at even strength mins!). He's currently feasting on an amazingly hot powerplay when studs like Eichel and snipers like Olofsson are finishing up at 30% clips...yet a bunch of fairweather fans and homers are ready to anoint the kid as the next Bobby Orr. Chillax on the hyperbole. Heiskanen is a MUCH better dman when it comes to doing his job and thats BEING A DMAN. Dahlin will likely win a few norris in his career, but the manner in which he's been talked up is extremely nauseating. He's not the defensive version of mcdavid who was an mvp player the moment he stepped into the nhl. Amazing how the lack of PP1 can change the opinion of a player on HF boards, a place where'd you EXPECT to find opinions that are beyond surface level.

Attachments

• giphy (3).gif
    giphy (3).gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: muhmuhMatt

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

Bruh he is 19. Heiskanen is definitely not much better than him lmfao.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Nice guy is gasping for air here. Heiskanen the invisible is 49 In nhl scoring right now while rasmus is tied for 2, humiliating the formers team this very day.. Had there been an argument at this point in time I can assure everybody here that they'll let us know like we got to know in kakkos thread, laines thread or when risto was the second coming of Karlsson..

Reactions: Generational like

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Nice guy is gasping for air here. Heiskanen the invisible is 49 In nhl scoring right now while rasmus is tied for 2, humiliating the formers team this very day.. Had there been an argument at this point in time I can assure everybody here that they'll let us know like we got to know in kakkos thread, laines thread or when risto was the second coming of Karlsson..
Yes. Why doesn't Heiskanen just score?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Love Miro's game. Thought he looked fantastic last year as a rookie and he has looked sharp this year.

He has a similar problem that Eichel has. He plays at the same time as a goat.

Where Miro is creative with the puck and very fast on the rush, Rasmus just ghosts thru people.

He had a play today late second or earlier third period where he received a puck at the blue line, chips a self pass thru two Stars and a Sabre, drives the net back hand drags around a poke check with what looked to be about a foot and a half drag and then just barely missed a shortside shot.

He does that crap routinely. Its not fair and I don't think Miro should be put in a debate that he just can't win.

Heiskanen actually has more points and more than twice as many goals on even strength than Dahlin so far, the offensive difference in Dahlin's favor is exclusively due to his PP abilities. Defensemen also have defensive responsibilities, however, and that's where Dahlin hasn't really proven anything yet while Heiskanen plays 20+ minutes a night without sheltering. Maybe Dahlin will too eventually, but labeling him "a goat" at this point is laughable.

Reactions: Elysian

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Heiskanen actually has more points and more than twice as many goals on even strength than Dahlin so far, the offensive difference in Dahlin's favor is exclusively due to his PP abilities. Defensemen also have defensive responsibilities, however, and that's where Dahlin hasn't really proven anything yet while Heiskanen plays 20+ minutes a night without sheltering. Maybe Dahlin will too eventually, but labeling him "a goat" at this point is laughable.

So first half of your post you are talking last season, and second part this season, bending it to favor Miro as much as possible. Maybe talk about how basically the only two things Miro leads Dahlin in are goals and icetime? Difference in average icetime last season was less than 2 minutes between them FYI, both over 20 minutes.

It's funny how the icetime argument is so important for the pro Miros but Dahlin being a success on PP is somehow also portraid as sth negative to argue for Miro. Dahlin has that position cuz he does it so well, and it's alot thanks to him their PP has been so good.

Reactions: TheTwelfth

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So first half of your post you are talking last season, and second part this season, bending it to favor Miro as much as possible. Maybe talk about how basically the only two things Miro leads Dahlin in are goals and icetime? Difference in average icetime last season was less than 2 minutes between them FYI, both over 20 minutes.

It's funny how the icetime argument is so important for the pro Miros but Dahlin being a success on PP is somehow also portraid as sth negative to argue for Miro. Dahlin has that position cuz he does it so well, and it's alot thanks to him their PP has been so good.

The point is that Dahlin gets all the offensive responsibility but without comparable defensive demands, that sheltering is exactly why he plays fewer minutes. And it's not only about last season, this season too he has had over 2/3 offensive zone starts. Yet on even strength Heiskanen still scores more despite his greater defensive responsibilities. Dahlin's PP success is the main argument speaking for him and there's nothing wrong with that, but one has to acknowledge that relying on it makes him less versatile at this point.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
The point is that Dahlin gets all the offensive responsibility but without comparable defensive demands, that sheltering is exactly why he plays fewer minutes. And it's not only about last season, this season too he has had over 2/3 offensive zone starts. Yet on even strength Heiskanen still scores more despite his greater defensive responsibilities. Dahlin's PP success is the main argument speaking for him and there's nothing wrong with that, but one has to acknowledge that relying on it makes him less versatile at this point.

It's been more extreme this season so far with Dahlin getting benched d-wise, especially in the 3rd. Almost get the feeling Krueger would only use him in PP if that was socially acceptable, even tho him and Miller started the season great defensively. Versatility decided by the coaches with other words. I'd say the versatility is what speaks in Dahlin's favor actually, and the stats showed it last season. I will chill on judging by this season too much until they've played more games.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Are there any actual stats to back up the claim that Heiskanen is superior defensively? I'm not saying he isn't as I barely watch Dallas, but what is this based on? Ice time or zone starts doesn't cut it, that's about deployment and not performance.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Are there any actual stats to back up the claim that Heiskanen is superior defensively? I'm not saying he isn't as I barely watch Dallas, but what is this based on? Ice time or zone starts doesn't cut it, that's about deployment and not performance.
I don't put any weight in zone starts, but I do care about deployment in the sense of looking at how big of a load a guy is asked to carry.

Look at the playoffs last season. The Stars were leaning on Heiskanen. He was second on the team in ice time. First in even strength ice time. He was playing in all situations, whether they were trying to hold a lead or score a goal. He played a ton in playoff overtime.

Now in his second season, Heiskanen has moved into playing the most minutes per game, including a big jump in his PK ice time. He is the team's best defenseman and isn't being sheltered or situationally deployed.

Dahlin is playing a smaller and more sheltered role, but so what. He's 19. This need to decide who is better between two guys in their second seasons is a stupid exercise. Both fanbases love their guys, and that's really all that matters. Both are going to be awesome, and the league is better for having them both around. I'm a Stars fan, and I'd gladly have either one on my team.

Reactions: Stubu and Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad