Dahlin is generational.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
No. He's amazing, but generational is a very very special category. You can count on 1 hand how many generational talents there has been.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
As much as it pains me to say, Dahlin is a generational defensemen. 18 and already a #1 D in the league, perhaps already a top 10 D. In 2 or 3 years he is going to be a monster and as a fan of a team in the Atlantic he terrifies me.

Easily the Calder will be his and he will win many more trophies and sadly.. probably a cup or two.

Why would it be painful to say it?

Happy as hell for Buffalo. Hopefully that team finally f***ing does it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Lidstrom should be considered generational. He's what? Like the 2nd best defenseman in NHL history?
Nah he is 3rd at best after orr and bourque but I think he can be a bit lower at 4th or 5th all time with guys. He is not generational but is a franchise talent. Dahlin defensively is very calm and collected. Made a lot nice transition passes and clean exits. He is not a top pairing defender right now in terms of usage and the competition he plays against but his rookie season so far is amongst the best for a 18 year old rookie defender. He will be a norris candidate for years to come.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
“Generational” is used by 90% on HF way too liberally. i think fans want so bad to say “hey I witnessed a generational player” that they label any elite player “generational”. They can’t stand the fact that “elite” is less than “generational” and want to be included in witnessing something rare. So they use that word without considering the true meaning.

It happens with a lot of things now a days. Like...
“Greatest of all time”
“And it’s not even close”

It’s just over the top exaggerations.

Reactions: Eisen and 93LEAFS

Nalle

Dec 2, 2018
generational talent.png

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
'Generational' is a useless term that no one agrees on the definition to.

My hot take of the night.

Reactions: Rasmi

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
No doubt Dahlin will be a great player, not sure about generational. Lol he doesn’t have the Calder locked down, he might not even be in the final 3.

1. E. Pettersson
2. B. Tkachuck
3. M. Heiskanen/Dahlin

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
That comment about Doughty shows you know nothing about hockey talent guy. Doughty should have a few Norris trophies but it’s the offensive Dman that gets all the glory aka Karlsson and Burns, guys that camp guard their own shadows! Dahlin is the best Dman since Drew Doughty and yes, He’s also better than Hedman
Who is Hockey Talent Guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad