Dahlin is generational.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Generational is a tough term to use - I would say Dahlin is a guaranteed top 10 d man in 2 years or less

25+a night
50+ points
Positive corsi

I think that is what we can expect and debate about

Generational is just a word that has too broad of a meanjng

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I don’t know what generational means, but he is going to be the best defensemen in the NHL in the near future. He’s incredible.

He made some seriously sly plays against guys like Matthews and Tavares tonight.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
As much as it pains me to say, Dahlin is a generational defensemen. 18 and already a #1 D in the league, perhaps already a top 10 D. In 2 or 3 years he is going to be a monster and as a fan of a team in the Atlantic he terrifies me.

Easily the Calder will be his and he will win many more trophies and sadly.. probably a cup or two.

Is Drew Doughty? He was on an NHL roster at 18, and has been a top defensemen in the league for many years. 2 cups, a couple of golds, a Norris.. And I would say he is a great d man, but I would not call him generational..

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
McDavid is this era's generational player barring a dramatic change. Matthews, Laine, Eichel, and Dahlin aren't. They are elite franchise cornerstone pieces that every team wants, but does anyone expect these guys to win multiple Harts or Lindsey awards? Because that is the expectation with generational players.

Reactions: wetcoast

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
How about we just term him a future superstar....
But that's what they called Doughty, and DD is barely that. Keith was great for a bit. Hedman's the best. Lidstrom was steady. Loved Niedermayer playing rover. Stevens was a beast. Coffey was amazing to watch. Orr was Orr. Dahlin seems to hit the right place/time factor to be generational. If he rocks out, and the Oilers continue to suck, he'll be the noise of the league, cuz he's in the east. Matthews will prob get the best press, tho. Won't be long before they start printing he's better than McJesus.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
So does mean karlsson is off the hook and can now just be a really good dman for a time. Light the torches on dahlin.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Just like Matthews was based on his first 20 games.

Jokes aside, he hasn't even separated himself from Heiskanen who is only 9 months older than Dahlin, so I wouldn't label him as generational defender as of yet because neither is Heiskanen.

Maybe once he starts to score 60-70 points in a season, I can see him as generational but it's way too early for that.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
But that's what they called Doughty, and DD is barely that. Keith was great for a bit. Hedman's the best. Lidstrom was steady. Loved Niedermayer playing rover. Stevens was a beast. Coffey was amazing to watch. Orr was Orr. Dahlin seems to hit the right place/time factor to be generational. If he rocks out, and the Oilers continue to suck, he'll be the noise of the league, cuz he's in the east. Matthews will prob get the best press, tho. Won't be long before they start printing he's better than McJesus.
That comment about Doughty shows you know nothing about hockey talent guy. Doughty should have a few Norris trophies but it’s the offensive Dman that gets all the glory aka Karlsson and Burns, guys that camp guard their own shadows! Dahlin is the best Dman since Drew Doughty and yes, He’s also better than Hedman

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That comment about Doughty shows you know nothing about hockey talent guy. Doughty should have a few Norris trophies but it’s the offensive Dman that gets all the glory aka Karlsson and Burns, guys that camp guard their own shadows! Dahlin is the best Dman since Drew Doughty and yes, He’s also better than Hedman

Maybe doughty should start pandering again how he deserves another Norris lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad