Dahlin is generational.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I would say Mcdavid is easily there. And Malkin when he is on is better than Crosby and Ovechkin but he is way too inconsistant so i can maybe agree with Malkin not being there. However Matthews is no where close to being there. He is a typical #1 centre than alot of teams have. U dont see anyone calling Mackinnon or Barkov generational and they are both better players.

Meh, we'll disagree about McDavid for now. No player is a generational lock after 3 years. Even Mario wasn't considered generational until he won a couple of Cups and dominated in the mid-90s. I will say that McDavid has the highest potential to end up a generational player if he plays a full career.

Reactions: libertarian

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Meh, we'll disagree about McDavid for now. No player is a generational lock after 3 years. Even Mario wasn't considered generational until he won a couple of Cups and dominated in the mid-90s. I will say that McDavid has the highest potential to end up a generational player if he plays a full career.
fair enough

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
I would say Mcdavid is easily there. And Malkin when he is on is better than Crosby and Ovechkin but he is way too inconsistant so i can maybe agree with Malkin not being there. However Matthews is no where close to being there. He is a typical #1 centre than alot of teams have. U dont see anyone calling Mackinnon or Barkov generational and they are both better players.
Ya barkov is not better than Matthews LOL

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Generational? I mean, some people think great players are generational I.e Eichel, Matthews, Eichel etc but they simply aren't. They're elite players, like Dahlin will be. The kid is a hell of a player, theres no denying that, but hes not McDavid or Ovechkin.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Generational? I mean, some people think great players are generational I.e Eichel, Matthews, Eichel etc but they simply aren't. They're elite players, like Dahlin will be. The kid is a hell of a player, theres no denying that, but hes not McDavid or Ovechkin.

Agreed! If Lidstrom isn't considered generational, I don't see anyone in the game currently who could be considered generational.

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
At the moment Petterson is easily the better player but who knows maybe things change in the future at the moment I doubt it.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Sadpanda said:
This thing with leafs fans loving Dahlin and the calder talk. Is it to get some love back for your own players or is it to piss off Vancouver and discredit Elias?

Wait you're accusing Leafs fans of hyping a player on their most hated rival because they somehow have it in for a team they play once a year that's completely irrelevant to them? LOL.

I'm sad to admit but Dahlin is damn good, looks like Leetch out there, or like Karlsson but better defensively. I'd take him over Eichel, he is going to win Norris trophies. Imagine what he's going to be like when he's 23.

Not generational though. He's nowhere close to Orr.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I think Dahlin will need another year to convince people who don’t get to watch him consistently. His ability to calmly make pinpoint passes is something I haven’t seen from a Dman below 23, let alone 18. Give him a year to gain strength and understand the pace he can attack with and he will take the league over.

I also think he has the ability to log huge minutes down the road

Kid never looks tired

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
way too premature to say this. I think he has a good chance at being the best defenseman of his generation, if not the best chance out of any young defender at the moment. but he's still not there yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad