WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So any ommisions? I can barely look at that D lineup... that is going to be rough! Everything else looks good to decent. Despite goalie depth I say start Dostal every single second of this tourney. Just run with him.

Top 4 and Top 6

D - Has, Kubicek, Zabransky and ???
F - Jenik, Mysak, Pytlik, Lauko, Teply, Pekar

What really bothers me, and I could be wrong, but we're not missing any players due to injury or being in the NHL. This is our best possible roster and we're in the group of death.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
So any ommisions? I can barely look at that D lineup... that is going to be rough! Everything else looks good to decent. Despite goalie depth I say start Dostal every single second of this tourney. Just run with him.

Top 4 and Top 6

What really bothers me, and I could be wrong, but we're not missing any players due to injury or being in the NHL. This is our best possible roster and we're in the group of death.

It'll take depth scoring probably. No Necas, Chytil, Kaut level offensive talent.

Tough group, even Germany looks to have a good team with players like Seider, Bokk, Stutzle

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Looks like a decent team. Hopefully home crowd gives them a bit of a boost. They’ll need it.
Jenik, Pekar, and Lauko will have to make a big impact.
Great chance this year for a lot of young guys to showcase their talent.
Unlike last year when we had zero draft eligibles, this year we should have a few.

Pytlik, Mysak, and Raska.. would be fun to see how they do

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It'll take depth scoring probably. No Necas, Chytil, Kaut level offensive talent.

Tough group, even Germany looks to have a good team with players like Seider, Bokk, Stutzle
I imagine that German game will be for the honor of playing first place in the other group. I have no reason to believe it'll be an easy game.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Pavel Novak should have been nominated, why they snubbed him is beyond me. Also Tomas Mazura should have at least gotten a look with the U19 at the upcoming U19 Challenge, not sure we can ignore players with draft pedigree, even if it's not necessarily an assurance in the player's ability.
I didn't expect either to make the team, so it doesn't bother me all that much, but given some of the other players who got nominated, I don't understand why those two forwards got ignored completely.

Top 4 and Top 6

Even if it's just a pipe dream... Svozil.
I doubt we see Mysak in the top 6 given how Varada treated underagers last year. I don't even consider him a lock to make the team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pavel Novak should have been nominated, why they snubbed him is beyond me. Also Tomas Mazura should have at least gotten a look with the U19 at the upcoming U19 Challenge, not sure we can ignore players with draft pedigree, even if it's not necessarily an assurance in the player's ability.
I didn't expect either to make the team, so it doesn't bother me all that much, but given some of the other players who got nominated, I don't understand why those two forwards got ignored completely.

Even if it's just a pipe dream... Svozil.
I doubt we see Mysak in the top 6 given how Varada treated underagers last year. I don't even consider him a lock to make the team.
Couldn't agree more on no Novak. Same with Mazura for U19... probably don't like him because he succeeded in spite of Czech program by leaving.
Mysak will be interesting for sure. I keep hearing great things and see him going in first round in about half of the predictions... everytime I've seen him I haven't noticed him. Same with Has.
Svozil - that'd be something! I can't see it happening but our D is VERY weak so who knows.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Couldn't agree more on no Novak. Same with Mazura for U19... probably don't like him because he succeeded in spite of Czech program by leaving.
Mysak will be interesting for sure. I keep hearing great things and see him going in first round in about half of the predictions... everytime I've seen him I haven't noticed him. Same with Has.
Svozil - that'd be something! I can't see it happening but our D is VERY weak so who knows.

The D doesn't look very good indeed. Those guys will probably need to keep their game as simple as possible, avoid silly mistakes. The problem is that they are not capable of adding any effective support to the offense. Or at least I seriously doubt they are.

helgo

May 6, 2010
Budweis
The D doesn't look very good indeed. Those guys will probably need to keep their game as simple as possible, avoid silly mistakes. The problem is that they are not capable of adding any effective support to the offense. Or at least I seriously doubt they are.

I'm not sure if he has any shot at actually being nominated givent the fact, that he is a newcomer, but Lytvynov is very offensively oriented PMD.

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
Mazura isn't there most likely because he hasn't played much this season, only like 4 games so far.

On the other hand, why Novak isn't there is beyond my understanding.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Totally agree that Novak should have been nominated.
He is likely the most impressive Czech draft eligible player for me..

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
Rehak is big suprise for me. He just scored 3th goal of the season in the NLA, and there are still 2 periods to play. And Cajka is only playing in the juniors.

czechgame

Mar 16, 2019
Mazura isn't there most likely because he hasn't played much this season, only like 4 games so far.

On the other hand, why Novak isn't there is beyond my understanding.

Actually Mazura played 4 games in the USHL and 3 others with Kimball (3gp - 3 goals, 6 assists, stats are not at eliteprospects so I assume Czech coaches don’t know about it). It’s not his fault that prep season starts in November. I think he doesn’t have an agent who would lobby for him (like agents usually do for others) so it’s difficult for him.. But I really like this guy, he should have gotten a chance.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Actually Mazura played 4 games in the USHL and 3 others with Kimball (3gp - 3 goals, 6 assists, stats are not at eliteprospects so I assume Czech coaches don’t know about it). It’s not his fault that prep season starts in November. I think he doesn’t have an agent who would lobby for him (like agents usually do for others) so it’s difficult for him.. But I really like this guy, he should have gotten a chance.

Mazura played 2 games for the Czech U20 in summer, so the coaches know about him and saw him in the game. He played just a few games this season so far, and he is no new McDavid to be automatically called even without any regular game routine. He would actually have absolutely minimal chance to make the final roster, so it made no point to call him. Novák would probably have better chances, but I must admit I didn't see him play this season. How has his game been? Can he play sufficiently mature hockey to be competitive at the WJC level? He is still just 17 yo. I really don't know.

My projected forward lines:

Jeník - Pekař - Lauko
Myšák - Plášek - Řehák
Teplý - Pytlík - Blümel
Šír - Střondala - Čajka

Lang the 13th forward.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Mazura played 2 games for the Czech U20 in summer, so the coaches know about him and saw him in the game. He played just a few games this season so far, and he is no new McDavid to be automatically called even without any regular game routine. He would actually have absolutely minimal chance to make the final roster, so it made no point to call him. Novák would probably have better chances, but I must admit I didn't see him play this season. How has his game been? Can he play sufficiently mature hockey to be competitive at the WJC level? He is still just 17 yo. I really don't know.

My projected forward lines:

Jeník - Pekař - Lauko
Myšák - Plášek - Řehák
Teplý - Pytlík - Blümel
Šír - Střondala - Čajka

Lang the 13th forward.
Why Rehak so high? I know nothing about him... who is he?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Why Rehak so high? I know nothing about him... who is he?

He has made the line-up in Rapperswill (NLA) recently and has been playing really very well there since. Adjusted quickly to the fast pace of the mens' elite league in Switzerland.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Jakub Lauko collapsed on the ice during the game, not clear what happened but possibly concussion (was checked along the boards a moment before). He was stretchered off the ice. No further news as by now but he was conscious when leaving the ice, giving a thumb up.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jakub Lauko collapsed on the ice during the game, not clear what happened but possibly concussion (was checked along the boards a moment before). He was stretchered off the ice. No further news as by now but he was conscious when leaving the ice, giving a thumb up.
That is definitely not good news! First line at World's coming up in 2 weeks...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah that sort of sucks. Don’t know if Gut would have made the team but I like his game.
Blumel is an older guy that would have been relied upon for some scoring. Too bad.
There is still hope for both. I'm more concerned about Lauko. Has anyone other than his Dad confirmed he's good to go? I'd say he is one of our irreplaceable players and we're not strong this tourney... someone wrap Dostal up in bubble wrap!

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
There is still hope for both. I'm more concerned about Lauko. Has anyone other than his Dad confirmed he's good to go? I'd say he is one of our irreplaceable players and we're not strong this tourney... someone wrap Dostal up in bubble wrap!
According to Varada, Lauko feels good and should be alright and should join the team. Gut has some medical check today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad