WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
What about prikryl making it? What are his chances, he’s been getting bottom 6 minutes continually. I hope that next season in saint johns, he and Cajkovic will play on the same line.

Yes, he has an ok chance, but there is competition there, not as much as on LW though.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
This years (2019) should have been fun to watch with the likes of Zadina and Necas, look how it went. I will believe it when I see it, I think the next year's team will struggle to score goals (surprise surprise.)

EDIT: I wonder who will be the coach though. Hopefully no Varada. I would guess Bruk or Hadamczik (ugh), but oh do I wish it's Pesan. The only competent coach we have.

On the official Facebook page of the WJC 2020 they said it is going to be Varada again. Suppose it should be a reliable source.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
USA, Germany, Canada and Russia.

That's hard, it will probably be only about one match against Germany.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
USA, Germany, Canada and Russia.

That's hard, it will probably be only about one match against Germany.

I like it, at least we are going to avoid Canada or USA in the quarterfinal. Well, provided we advance over Germans. Under favorable circumstances we could beat Russia and finish third. Either way we will probably face Sweden or Finland in the quarters.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Losing to Germany at home WJC would be embarrassing, though they will have a pretty decent team, not much worse than ours. Likely more top talent with less depth. It will be much tougher than your usual game with an outsider, and we know how much we struggled even with the eventually relegated Denmark this year
At least we can't play a NA team in the QF if we advance.

Reactions: Goodman68

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Frantisek Klejna is getting some space in Chance liga, he played like 5 matches and always over 23 minutes, hopefully he could gets some opportunities in Karlovy Vary if they stay in Extraliga next season.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Team for the matches against Finland and Switzerland. Pekar and Jenik missing.

Daniel Dvořák (Prostějov)
Lukáš Pařík (Spokane Chiefs, WHL)
Lukáš Dostál (Ilvës, Finland).

Tomáš Dajčar, František Klejna, Jan Mlčák (všichni Litoměřice)
Jan Štibingr (Slavia Praha or USHL)
Radek Kučeřík (Kometa Brno)
Libor Zábranský (Fargo Force, USHL)
Zack Malík (Plzeň)
Martin Hugo Haš (Tappara Tampere, Finsko)
Šimon Kubíček (Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL),

Michal Teplý (Kootenay Ice, WHL)
Otakar Šik(Litoměřice)
Zdeněk Sedlák (Kärpät Oulu, Finsko)
Vojtěch Střondala, Karel Plášek(oba Kometa Brno)
Petr Čajka (Erie Otters, OHL)
Radek Mužík (Lůlea, Sweden)
Filip Koffer (Pardubice)
Adam Raška (Třinec or Rimouski, QMJHL)
Jaromír Pytlík (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL)
Martin Lang(Kamploops Blazers, WHL)
Michal Kvasnica (Portland Whitehawks, WHL)
Přemysl Svoboda (Litvínov)
Tomáš Mazura (Providence College, NCAA)
Jakub Lauko (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, QMJHL)
Marcel Barinka (Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL).

Suprised to see Kvasnica. It looks like that lot of players will be chosen from foreign teams.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Substitute:

Radek Haas (Ässät Pori, Finsko)
Jan Škorpík (Sparta Praha)

Jan Dluhoš (Zlín)
David Aubrecht, Jakub Žůrek (oba Liberec)
Miroslav Kukla, Radek Procházka (oba Litoměřice)
Adam Rutar (Olomouc)
Jakub Adámek (Třinec)
David Tureček (Karlovy Vary)
Vojtěch Ševěček (Havířov)
Jiří Suhrada (Pelicans Lahti, Finsko).

David Vitouch, Vojtěch Kropáček (oba Litoměřice)
Šimon Jelínek (Kladno)
Adam Najman, Jakub Rychlovský (oba Benátky nad Jizerou)
Jonáš Peterek (Frýdek-Místek)
Filip Přikryl (Plzeň)
Adam Křemen (Karlovy Vary)
Jan Bambula (Havířov)
Matěj Toman (Prince George Cougars, WHL)
Erik Čermák (Peterborough Petes, OHL)
Martin Beránek (České Budějovice), Adam Gajarský (Fargo Force, USHL), Ondřej Pšenička (Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL).

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
You would have to go back many years to find a defense core as bad as this one. Better hope somebody jumps up out of nowhere, because otherwise we will rely on players who are barely CHL level players. Even if Dostal brings his A game, that't not going to cut it. In fact, seeing how ridiculously stacked our WJC group is, relegation round is a realistic outcome.

Wonder if Svozil has any chance of making the roster as a triple underager, he is likely better than some of the defensemen listed above anyway. But considering Varada's treatment of underagers last year I wouldn't bet on it. Can't believe he got the job again after last year's fiasco.

Team for the matches against Finland and Switzerland. Pekar and Jenik missing.
Suprised to see Kvasnica.
Blumel is also missing if we are talking drafted players. Kvasnica got buried in Portland for some reason, he is better than his stats suggest.

Reactions: Goodman68

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
You would have to go back many years to find a defense core as bad as this one. Better hope somebody jumps up out of nowhere, because otherwise we will rely on players who are barely CHL level players. Even if Dostal brings his A game, that't not going to cut it. In fact, seeing how ridiculously stacked our WJC group is, relegation round is a realistic outcome.

Wonder if Svozil has any chance of making the roster as a triple underager, he is likely better than some of the defensemen listed above anyway. But considering Varada's treatment of underagers last year I wouldn't bet on it. Can't believe he got the job again after last year's fiasco.

Blumel is also missing if we are talking drafted players. Kvasnica got buried in Portland for some reason, he is better than his stats suggest.
I wonder when CSLH realise how bad we are in developing defenseman start to do something about that.

It would be incredible if Svozil made the team. There is also Balaz who might have a chance. From underage players Mysak is most likely sure thing. Maybe even Gut, Cikhart or Ivan Ivan can surprise. They will all play in CHL next season, maybe one of them can suprise.

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Cajka moved from OHL to Switzerland junior league. Well, that's improvement.

It seems that most CHL players had good start to the season.

What is happening with Has? Is he going to play in Mestis?

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Jan Dluhos is doing pretty well in Chance liga with Poruba.

7 games - 1 G, 3 A, 4 +/-, 19:00 TOI/GP

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Right now I would go with something like this:

Dostal
Parik
Malik

Has Zábranský
Homola Kubicek
Lytvynov Kucerik
Dluhos

Lauko Pekař Jenik
Mysak Pytlik Teply
Raska Cajka Novak
Blumel Strondala Lang
Muzik

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Dostal
Parik
Malik

Has Zábranský
Homola Kubicek
Lytvynov Kucerik
Dluhos

Lauko Pekař Jenik
Mysak Pytlik Teply
Raska Cajka Novak
Blumel Strondala Lang
Muzik

Everytime I look at a Czech roster I feel the same way...

Love the goalies. Could see Dostal stealing a game or two.

Like the forwards. Not sure if Mysak is that great though. I obviously hope he goes round 1 and goes onto NHL success but I'm not so sure. I think Pylik is the better player.

Then there is the D... just doesn't look very good to me. I'm not sure if any of those guys will ever make the NHL? Kubicek is almost a .ppg right now which is encouraging. Has isn't in the top league right now. Zabransky isn't exactly lighting up the WHL with 2 points in 10 games.

I have said before though that I think this is a more Varada type team. He likes these kinds of players. Maybe he can ride the hot goalie and a big group effort with some timely scoring from our forwards (I'm looking at Lauko to have a good tournament).

I'm guessing we are a low scoring team that, hopefully, doesn't get blown out.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Dostal
Parik
Malik

Has Zábranský
Homola Kubicek
Lytvynov Kucerik
Dluhos

Lauko Pekař Jenik
Mysak Pytlik Teply
Raska Cajka Novak
Blumel Strondala Lang
Muzik
Do you think the 2 Oiler picks have any chance of making the team... Blumel and Mazura?

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Do you think the 2 Oiler picks have any chance of making the team... Blumel and Mazura?
Mazura doesn't have a chance in my opinion. Blumel is now doing well in Extraliga. He gots 2 points in 4 games, 2nd line with some powerplay time. He can actually move to the 2nd line and take Mysak spot.

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Everytime I look at a Czech roster I feel the same way...

Love the goalies. Could see Dostal stealing a game or two.

Like the forwards. Not sure if Mysak is that great though. I obviously hope he goes round 1 and goes onto NHL success but I'm not so sure. I think Pylik is the better player.

Then there is the D... just doesn't look very good to me. I'm not sure if any of those guys will ever make the NHL? Kubicek is almost a .ppg right now which is encouraging. Has isn't in the top league right now. Zabransky isn't exactly lighting up the WHL with 2 points in 10 games.

I have said before though that I think this is a more Varada type team. He likes these kinds of players. Maybe he can ride the hot goalie and a big group effort with some timely scoring from our forwards (I'm looking at Lauko to have a good tournament).

I'm guessing we are a low scoring team that, hopefully, doesn't get blown out.
I expect Mysak to put more points in upcoming games, I believe in him.

Defense is terrible, that's for sure. Even Svozil is an option right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad