WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Next WJC will be in Czech republic and I think we can start to talk about how the team can possibly looks like.

I personally expect that the team will have a lot underage players, because the 2000 group doesn't look good at all.

This is list of players I expect to be contenders for a spot at the WJC.

Goalies:
Lukas Dostal
Nick Malik
Lukas Parik
Daniel Dvorak
Jan Bednar

Defenders:
Hugo Has
Simon Kubicek
Libor Zabransky
Jan Dluhos
Tomas Dajcar
Zack Malik
Jan Mlcak
Radek Kucerik
Jiri Suhrada
Ivan Lytvynov
Vit Seemann
Jan Stibingr
Frantisek Klejna
Filip Bernath

Forwards:
Jan Jenik
Jakub Lauko
Matej Pekar
Petr Cajka
Matej Blumel
Karel Plasek
Vojtech Strondala
Zdenek Sedlak
Jan Bambula
Jaromir Pytlik
Michal Teply
Martin Lang
Marcel Barinka
Filip Prikryl
Adam Raska
Radek Muzik
Jonas Peterek
Martin Beranek
Jan Mysak

Reactions: Error

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
More contenders for spots.

Goalies:
Tomas Vlk
Kristian Kolar
Jan Skorpik

Defense:
Jakub Adamek
David Aubrecht
Petr Had
Jakub Kleiner
Daniel Kowalczyk
Jakub Michalek
Radek Prochazka
Vojtech Doktor

Forwards:
Adam Gajarsky
Vojtech Kropacek
Michal Kvasnica
Dominik Sklenar
Erik Cermak
Matej Morong
Theodor Pistek
Matej Toman
Dominik Arnost
Jaroslav Broz
Jan Matiasek
Krystof Ourada
Ondrej Pavel
Stepan Pokorny
Radek Prosek
Roman Pucek
Frantisek Rehak
Dominik Sedivy
Otakar Sik
Jan Sir
Matej Svoboda
Jan Zemba

Last edited:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Here is my early prediction for the team, or at least close to the team I'd like to see:

Goalies:
Dostal
Dvorak
Kolar

Defense:
Dajcar
Has
Klejna
Malik
Zabransky
Kubicek
Adamek
Doktor

Forwards:
Lauko
Pekar
Plasek
Barinka
Cermak
Lang
Toman
Teply
Blumel
Cajka
Jenik
Kvasnica
Pytlik
Prikryl
Sklenar

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Here is my early prediction for the team, or at least close to the team I'd like to see:

Goalies:
Dostal
Dvorak
Kolar

Defense:
Dajcar
Has
Klejna
Malik
Zabransky
Kubicek
Adamek
Doktor

Forwards:
Lauko
Pekar
Plasek
Barinka
Cermak
Lang
Toman
Teply
Blumel
Cajka
Jenik
Kvasnica
Pytlik
Prikryl
Sklenar
I would go with something like this, but not sure, it will be just same as it was this year, that means that Dostal will be the most important guy, because defense is weak, Has and Kubicek are only good defensman on this team the rest is average. Offense will be weaker, but it still should be good.

Dostal
Dvorak
Malik

Has Zábranský
Kubíček Stibingr
Mlcak Kucerik

Jenik Lauko Pekar
Plasek Cajka Blumel
Lang Strondala Teply
Pytlik Peterek Mysak

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Nick Malik is very young, so most likely does not have much of a chance. Stibingr has played only 1 game in the national program, so I would not put him on the team. Jan Mlcak is quite young, he'll have a tough time making it, same goes for Kucerik. Barinka and Prikyrl, though younger than Strondala maybe have a better chance, certainly one of them makes it over Peterek. Mysak is too young for the team, Kvasnica makes it over him. This team is loaded with LW's, so many guys won't make it who could. Don't forget you can add another D and forward.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Nick Malik is very young, so most likely does not have much of a chance. Stibingr has played only 1 game in the national program, so I would not put him on the team. Jan Mlcak is quite young, he'll have a tough time making it, same goes for Kucerik. Barinka and Prikyrl, though younger than Strondala maybe have a better chance, certainly one of them makes it over Peterek. Mysak is too young for the team, Kvasnica makes it over him. This team is loaded with LW's, so many guys won't make it who could. Don't forget you can add another D and forward.

Disagree. He'll be in his draft year, that's not too young at all for a prospect of his caliber. I actually predict he'll be one of the key players of the team. Plus Kvasnica is nothing special.

Reactions: Renmar and Wooren

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Disagree. He'll be in his draft year, that's not too young at all for a prospect of his caliber. I actually predict he'll be one of the key players of the team. Plus Kvasnica is nothing special.

Yeah, we'll see, is Mysak a 1rd pick, I'm not sure. Yeah, Kvasnica is nothing, I mean he's only been one of the leaders in the youth NP.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Yeah, we'll see, is Mysak a 1rd pick, I'm not sure. Yeah, Kvasnica is nothing, I mean he's only been one of the leaders in the youth NP.
Mysak will be a top 15 pick, I expect him to be a top 6 player for this team. Not like there are so many stars to choose from anyway. As for Kvasnica, he is solid and could be a bottom 6 player, maybe. He might have been a leader once, but this season he is struggling in the WHL. Gajarsky was a top forward in the U17 season, this year he is pointless in 20+ USHL games. Who cares about past form if you are not good enough right now.

The defense core will be very ugly. Zabransky will be probably expected to be one of our pillars when he is barely a depth player in the WHL.

Reactions: joey16

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Mysak will be a top 15 pick, I expect him to be a top 6 player for this team. Not like there are so many stars to choose from anyway. As for Kvasnica, he is solid and could be a bottom 6 player, maybe. He might have been a leader once, but this season he is struggling in the WHL. Gajarsky was a top forward in the U17 season, this year he is pointless in 20+ USHL games. Who cares about past form if you are not good enough right now.

The defense core will be very ugly. Zabransky will be probably expected to be one of our pillars when he is barely a depth player in the WHL.

Pytlik also has a shot at top 15 pick, but really both of these players could go high or not even 1st round, Mysak looks good now though playing pro.

Why think so little of Zabransky, he's U-18 captain?

Forgot to mention Pucek as another LW who could make it, so many LW's.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Dostal and Dvorak will be the first two goalies and it doesn't really matter who will be num. 3, that's why I would choose Malik so he can get some experience.

Defence is weak and since our junior program doesn't change and is still same, we don't have a big competition in our defense, that's why even Zabransky is a key player so Stibingr definitely has a chance.

I'm waiting for U18 WJC, because team that we will have look good, there are some interesting prospects and there are also some good defenseman and maybe some of them can possibly get drafted. Has and Kubicek are favorites, but guys like Mlcak, Kucerik or Zurek can suprise and they can move to the CHL or something and then they can be contenders for a spot or something so... I don't give up on them.

Mysak is a TOP prospect, he seems that he can be better than Necas or even Chytil so I think he will make the team and can be top6 forward.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Dostal and Dvorak will be the first two goalies and it doesn't really matter who will be num. 3, that's why I would choose Malik so he can get some experience.

Defence is weak and since our junior program doesn't change and is still same, we don't have a big competition in our defense, that's why even Zabransky is a key player so Stibingr definitely has a chance.

I'm waiting for U18 WJC, because team that we will have look good, there are some interesting prospects and there are also some good defenseman and maybe some of them can possibly get drafted. Has and Kubicek are favorites, but guys like Mlcak, Kucerik or Zurek can suprise and they can move to the CHL or something and then they can be contenders for a spot or something so... I don't give up on them.

Mysak is a TOP prospect, he seems that he can be better than Necas or even Chytil so I think he will make the team and can be top6 forward.

But Kolar is older and has always been there, so that's why he's likely to go, can also challenge Dvorak for #2, surprised you did not mention him, unlikely to send a very young goalie to get some exp. which he won't actually play since he's too young to risk, he can go the year after, Kolar is the better choice for now.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Any of you guys have some info on D-man Karel Klikorka ? He seems to be doing fairly well in junior league as a late 2001 (stats wise).

Reactions: czech

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
If you want a young goalie who could make it it would be Parik.

Last edited:

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Any of you guys have some info on D-man Karel Klikorka ? He seems to be doing fairly well in junior league as a late 2001 (stats wise).
Limited viewings, but he is probably just riding his physical gifts, which is enough to produce in our junior league. He has pro-ready frame already.

Reactions: joey16

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This should a fun team to watch at the very least. Likely 4 or 5 draft eligible players will make the team. Always exciting to see what they can do.
Expect Mysak and Hugo Has to be impact players.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
This should a fun team to watch at the very least. Likely 4 or 5 draft eligible players will make the team. Always exciting to see what they can do.
Expect Mysak and Hugo Has to be impact players.
This years (2019) should have been fun to watch with the likes of Zadina and Necas, look how it went. I will believe it when I see it, I think the next year's team will struggle to score goals (surprise surprise.)

EDIT: I wonder who will be the coach though. Hopefully no Varada. I would guess Bruk or Hadamczik (ugh), but oh do I wish it's Pesan. The only competent coach we have.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
This years (2019) should have been fun to watch with the likes of Zadina and Necas, look how it went. I will believe it when I see it, I think the next year's team will struggle to score goals (surprise surprise.)

EDIT: I wonder who will be the coach though. Hopefully no Varada. I would guess Bruk or Hadamczik (ugh), but oh do I wish it's Pesan. The only competent coach we have.

I'd like to see them just make Pesan be the coach and have that be the end, unless he can't coach for some reason, he's been by far the most successful.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

You think so? I have doubts after losing 7-2 and 9-3 last year. Varada has his downfalls for sure but this tournament is not over yet. Let’s wait a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->