Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Reactions: Martinzcom

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Noticed Mysak scored today... wanted to see his minutes... stuff like this drives me crazy!!

upload_2019-10-20_13-10-34.png

Those are the minutes the last 5 games... 17 year olds should play a tonne of minutes and have some consistency. This is why so many good Czechs leave and play in Finland, Switzerland, CHL, Sweden, Austria and US

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Noticed Mysak scored today... wanted to see his minutes... stuff like this drives me crazy!!

View attachment 266865

Those are the minutes the last 5 games... 17 year olds should play a tonne of minutes and have some consistency. This is why so many good Czechs leave and play in Finland, Switzerland, CHL, Sweden, Austria and US
Also got an assist

Reactions: Czechboy

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
Svozil actually seems like a real contender for a spot on the team. Playing regularly for Kometa men team, getting solid TOI for 17 year old but Varada won't probably even think about him... What do you guys think? He wouldn't be much worser than Dluhos or Lytvynov in my opinion.

Also there is this guy Houdek who also earned a spot on Pilsen roster but I haven't seen him play too much so I don't know.

Anyway the D is gonna be terrible, that's for sure. I don't know what must hapenn for CSLH to do something about it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Svozil actually seems like a real contender for a spot on the team. Playing regularly for Kometa men team, getting solid TOI for 17 year old but Varada won't probably even think about him... What do you guys think? He wouldn't be much worser than Dluhos or Lytvynov in my opinion.

Also there is this guy Houdek who also earned a spot on Pilsen roster but I haven't seen him play too much so I don't know.

Anyway the D is gonna be terrible, that's for sure. I don't know what must hapenn for CSLH to do something about it.

I have no idea how to solve the D problem but I know it is now a 10 year old problem and I dont see any improvement in the situation at all. Svozil shows promise .. maybe a Czech d will go in the first round again. Our last high picks had mixed results .. musil is in extraliga, Zboril is buried in Boston in the AHL and Masin is buried in the AHL. Ironically there is another czech in his way as rutta is paid to eat nachos for the big club. At best, rutta is one injury away... Masin is 3 injuries away and Zboril is 2 injuries away.

Hajek is getting regular turns. Kempny is getting close to 20 now. Gudas is getting bottom pair minutes as well. Simek still hurt. Detroit is not good but Hronek looks good.

czechgame

Mar 16, 2019
I really like to see Malik and Mysak on the roster.. I would be happy if both of them make the WJC team.
We have pretty good goalies, solid offense, but the D-corp is really weak - not just for this tournament.

Martinzcom

Sep 1, 2019
I really like to see Malik and Mysak on the roster.. I would be happy if both of them make the WJC team.
We have pretty good goalies, solid offense, but the D-corp is really weak - not just for this tournament.

They don't have to be the only 2002 born players. I think we can expect Pavel Novak getting a chance as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

That D core is something else

Reactions: Wooren

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

I would like to see Svozil there. The D core is going to be the weak spot anyways (just like each and every year). Hopefully Dostál can show up great, without his stellar performance those guys are lost.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would like to see Svozil there. The D core is going to be the weak spot anyways (just like each and every year). Hopefully Dostál can show up great, without his stellar performance those guys are lost.

Svozil is about to see if he can beat a stacked Russian team... if they pull this semi win off (U17) then he might raise his stock?

Our goaltending looks to be our strength. We do have several guys that are scoring well all over.. Novak, Mysak, Teply, Lauko, Pekar, Pytlik are all having strong seasons. I'm positive I missed a few as well. It won't be an elite group but we might have some spread out scoring. I still think this is a group better suited to Varada's coaching style...

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Svozil is about to see if he can beat a stacked Russian team... if they pull this semi win off (U17) then he might raise his stock?

Our goaltending looks to be our strength. We do have several guys that are scoring well all over.. Novak, Mysak, Teply, Lauko, Pekar, Pytlik are all having strong seasons. I'm positive I missed a few as well. It won't be an elite group but we might have some spread out scoring. I still think this is a group better suited to Varada's coaching style...

I agree this team probably looks more balanced than the last year. No stars like Nečas or Zadina but maybe better depth? At least amongst the forwards. I am still not very optimistic about the D-men.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree this team probably looks more balanced than the last year. No stars like Nečas or Zadina but maybe better depth? At least amongst the forwards. I am still not very optimistic about the D-men.
Our D is terrifying...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jan Jeník looks like the offensive leader of this team. He has been terrifying this season so far.
Jeník bodoval pokaždé od začátku sezony! Tohle jsem nezažil, přiznává | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

18 game point streak. That is insane... also:

upload_2019-11-17_10-14-1.png

He's 2 points out of first in scoring. He's played 3 less games than the 2 guys ahead of him. In fairness, one of them is 17. Still, he's holding amazing company and Arizona has scoring issues. He might be able to crack lineup next year in training camp.

LiamMac

Feb 19, 2015
Names are clickable and linked to their eliteprospects page.

Attachments

• wjcCzech.pdf
    181.7 KB · Views: 17

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Names are clickable and linked to their eliteprospects page.

I am surprised Jan Šír didn't make even this preliminary roster. Is he injured? The forward lines look solid, the goaltending as well, but the D is just meh. Wondering if Houdek can make the final roster as a typical enforcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad